McKenzie: Parise visiting Long Island

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Does Bellows not least deserve a look?

He's had a couple of looks, Trotz doesn't seem to like his game. Trotz uncharacteristically destroyed Bellows after a game, called him out by name. Surprised us because he never does that. Still not sure what the deal with Bellows is, many thought Seattle would take him.

Bellows can shoot, heavy boots hurt him.

Reactions: buud and Kevin27NYI

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
One thing not mentioned is that Parise is good on the PP (maybe not last year). Isles need all kinds of help on the PP.

If you need a net front presence on the PP, Parise is your guy. Thats where he racks up his points. He got bought out because the Wild had better PP options. And he's just not good 5x5 anymore.

His body is breaking down. Wouldnt be surprised if he hangs up his skates after next season.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Parise, Palmieri, Greene, Zajac, Schneider. Who else will the Devils send this way? We need some youth here, Smith and Sharangovich and Mukhadullin (last two are just to hear Butch mispronounce them).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One thing not mentioned is that Parise is good on the PP (maybe not last year). Isles need all kinds of help on the PP.
He is good at one thing, and that's the same thing that Lee is good at. Close in, around the crease. Whack, whack, whack till the puck goes in.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
wish him nothing but the best. I like the Islanders anyway. Hope it works out!

Reactions: buud

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
giphy-downsized-large.gif

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Parise, Palmieri, Greene, Zajac, Schneider. Who else will the Devils send this way? We need some youth here, Smith and Sharangovich and Mukhadullin (last two are just to hear Butch mispronounce them).

Lou version of youth would be bergfors

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I like this pairing for both sides but I don't know who he bumps out of NYI. I like visiting Long Island too great food without insane wait and prices. That outta sell ya Zach lol

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
He's an upgrade on Leo, MDC or anybody else we'd have on the 3rd line though.

Yeah, I guess I just feel like he's so past his prime it's gonna be another Leo situation and just gonna drag us down.

I like having a couple of solid vets. But I was hoping for someone younger and faster and brings more to the table.

I still think Panik is better than Parise in that sense. I think his ceiling for the season is higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad