Injury Report: Parise 100% Sick

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I've been 100% sick before, it sucks. I'll take being 75% sick any day. :help:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sucks, but we've all been there. No point him coming on the bench and infecting everyone else.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Strep throat according to the blog. Same thing he had earlier apparently.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

I had my Tonsils taken out last year at age 24, and let me tell you it was awful. 2 weeks of misery and pain. I'm super happy I got them out (I'm sick less, I don't snore and don't wake up tired as much as I used to), but it was 2 of the worst weeks of my life, and I once spent a week in the ICU.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Dang...I got mine out when I was in ~4th or 5th grade I think? Must be one of those things where it's not as bad when you're younger because I don't really remember it. I used to get strep ~4-5 times a year it felt like and I haven't had it since (knock on wood).

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Sounds like we know what Parise will be doing in the offseason.

I had my tonsils out when I was 9 and it goes by much easier when you're young. I had nine cases of strep throat in a calendar year before the docs advised my parents to just get the damn things out. Awesome decision as I haven't had strep throat in a very long time. It's also supposedly more difficult for adults to get strep than it is for kids to catch it, so Parise contracting it 4 times since the World Cup is just bonkers.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
End of January might be a good time for him to get them out if strep happens again. STL at home on the 26th. Then it's the NW swing: @EDM, @Cal, @Van, @Jets (7th), then home for the Hawks on the 8th (start of a 7 game homestand). He'd miss a few games, but they should be against weaker teams. And it would give him a month without any travel.

Being in and out of the lineup, and less than 100% during games and practices hurts the conditioning. The team really needs him healthy for the Playoffs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dang...I got mine out when I was in ~4th or 5th grade I think? Must be one of those things where it's not as bad when you're younger because I don't really remember it. I used to get strep ~4-5 times a year it felt like and I haven't had it since (knock on wood).

Removing tonsils are thought of more as a last resort these days. Doctors aren't as quick to make that decision as they used to be.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Removing tonsils are thought of more as a last resort these days. Doctors aren't as quick to make that decision as they used to be.

Correct. Removing tonsils is frowned upon because the quality of life afterward suffers. How are you supposed to play tonsil hockey without tonsils? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad