Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Enough of the ********!

migrane_always_sunny.gif

Your New Jersey Devils (16-17-8, 40 Pts) host the Florida Panthers (17-16-8, 42 Pts)

DSO3.png

vs.

eulogy_remembering_the_florida_panthers.jpg

Last Game:

16c696f2d3913cb7267eb55be2ba9129.gif

nhldevils_01_02.jpg

Devils Lineup (Subject to Change):

#9 Taylor Hall - #19 Travis Zajac (A) - #11 P.A. Parenteau

#13 Michael Cammalleri (A) - #14 Adam Henrique (A) - #21 Kyle Palmieri

#44 Miles Wood - #37 Pavel Zacha - #25 Devante Smith-Pelly

#8 Beau Bennett - #51 Sergey Kalinin - #36 Nick Lappin

#7 Jon Merrill - #12 Ben Lovejoy

#22 Kyle Quincey - #28 Damon Severson

#39 Seth Helgeson - #34 Steven Santini

#35 Cory Schneider (12-13-6, 2.78 GAA, .908 SV%, 2 SO)
#1 Keith Kinkaid (4-4-2, 2.74 GAA, .917 SV%)

Scratches:
#2 John Moore (Concussion, unknown timeframe)
#6 Andy Greene (C) - (left arm, day-to-day)
#16 Jacob Josefson (IR, concussion symptoms)
#20 Luke Gazdic (healthy)
#33 Yohann Auvitu (lower body injury, unknown timeframe)
#38 Vernon Fiddler (lower body injury, 3-4 weeks)

Leaders:

Goals: Parenteau - 12
Assists - Zajac/Severson - 17
Points - Hall/Zajac - 25
+/- - Quincey/Santini - +5
PIM - Severson - 37
PPG - Hall/Parenteau - 4
SHG - Fiddler/Greene/Henrique - 1
GWG - Cammalleri - 3

0602-fla16.png

Florida Lineup

#81 Jonathan Marchessault - #21 Vincent Trocheck - #68 Jaromir Jagr
#36 Jussi Jokinen - #90 Jared McCann - #18 Reilly Smith
#62 Dennis Malgin - #48 Michael Sgarbossa - #7 Colton Sceviour
#22 Shawn Thornton - #17 Derek Mackenzie - #15 Paul Thompson

#3 Keith Yandle - #55 Jason Demers
#19 Michael Matheson - #5 Aaron Ekblad
#13 Mark Pysyk - #46 Jakub Kindl

#34 James Reimer (6-6-3, 2.14 GAA, .928 SV%, 2 SO)
#31 Sam Brittain

Scratches:

#1 Roberto Luongo (upper body injury/illness? - day-to-day)
#6 Alex Petrovic (broken ankle - 2 months)
#8 Dylan McIlrath (healthy)
#11 Jonathan Huberdeau (achilles tendon - 3-4 months)
#16 Aleksander Barkov (sore/broken ribs - 2-3 weeks)
#24 Seth Griffith (concussion - 1 week)
#27 Nick Bjugstad (leg/groin - 2 weeks)
#41 Greg McKegg (upper body injury - day to day)
#92 Kyle Rau (healthy)

Leaders:
Goals - Marchessault - 12
Assists - Barkov/Jagr - 18
Points - Barkov - 27
+/- - Petrovic - +8
PIM - Ekblad - 38
PPG - Jagr/Smith - 4
SHG - Sceviour - 2
GWG -Marchessault - 3

Don't forget your fight milk today!

tumblr_medg9umCg51qft92go1_500.gif

Quotes via Andrew Gross http://www.northjersey.com/blog/fireandice/:

Taylor Hall:

“I would’ve loved to score,” Hall said. “The pucks are not going in for me at all right now. That’s the way it goes sometimes so I think the chances are there. I think we can get more chances. We spent a lot of time in our end tonight and we relied on Schneids (Cory Schneider) a lot. Schneids is a great goalie to have our backs but we’ve got to find a way to get out of our end and not play the whole game there. They’re a strong team. They played well down low and forced our hand.

“Overall, we’re not going to win playing that type of game,” Hall added. “In spurts we played well but if we’re in our end the majority of our game, it’s not going to go well for us.”

Cory Schneider on the McDavid run in OT:

“I thought they could have called it considering we were down a man,” Schneider said. “It’s a tough call. He has so much speed. He does a good job of not coming in and crashing into you. But you can’t force it every single time. Maybe he didn’t give his best effort to get out of the way. I was in a pretty dangerous position. I got hit against the post. It could’ve been worse. But he’s not trying to do that on purpose. But you have to know when it’s there and when it’s not. It could’ve been called but it wasn’t. It is what it is.”

Mile-High-Club-Final.gif

Please, for the love of god, WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

sunny-dance.gif

tumblr_mkvr3kSRTf1r6395to1_500.gif

PLAY. ****ING. HARDER.

LGD

Last edited:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
If you can't get fired up for the Panthers on a January weeknight, when will you EVER get fired up?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Santini, Wood, Zacha, Severson, Merrill make me happy.

Quenneville, Coleman, Blandisi, Pietila would make me happier.

Camille the Eel

First time we've seen Yandle I think (but maybe he did play opening night?).

Also first time we've seen them without Barkov - probably their best player.

Finally one win separates us from them, ONE, in the standings. With the expectations Florida had pre-season, when you compare the absolute anger and gloom on this board about the Devils, how their fans must be howling.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Santini, Wood, Zacha, Severson, Merrill make me happy.

Quenneville, Coleman, Blandisi, Pietila would make me happier.

I'm kind of pissed Coleman isn't up here. He 100% deserves to be with his play of late. Blandisi's hurt and JQ is only ~40 games into his pro career so I don't mind those two being down right now.

But Coleman seems to be on a tear scoring-wise down there.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm kind of pissed Coleman isn't up here. He 100% deserves to be with his play of late. Blandisi's hurt and JQ is only ~40 games into his pro career so I don't mind those two being down right now.

I wasn't suggesting all of them should be up...That would be almost impossible. Just hoping :)

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I want everyone good and eligible to be in the AHL right now. Go win down there instead of this cluster

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

It seems Blandisi has been out for a bit, does anyone know the extent of his injury? We need to see what he has to offer sooner than later.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Who gives a **** if JQ is only 40 games into his career? He already is a better option than the majority of the bottom 6.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I give credit to MadDog and JK for continuing to put effort in creating GDTs.

Sorry if I've missed other creators, but it seems these two keep pumping them out.

Yay team!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Who gives a **** if JQ is only 40 games into his career? He already is a better option than the majority of the bottom 6.

I could care less if he's a marginally better than DSP or Bennett.

I'd rather him develop and play 20 minutes + PP + PK in Albany and develop his overall game than call him up to play 10 minutes on the third line with Kalinin and Bennett. I want to see JQ come up when he shows he's consistently better than AHL competition over a longer period of time and ready to make a serious impact at the NHL level.

Coleman/Pietila are different stories as with their age they're more finished products.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

Sorry if I've missed other creators, but it seems these two keep pumping them out.

Yay team!

:cheers: I'd have done more but they never seem to win when I do them. :laugh:

MadDog has had better luck I think, credit to him he's been pumping them out.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Yay team!

:cheers: I'd have done more but they never seem to win when I do them. :laugh:

MadDog has had better luck I think, credit to him he's been pumping them out.

:yo: Appreciate it from both. I certainly wish I had some photoshop skill the way JK3 does :laugh: but I try and make it work the best I can. I might be pumping them out but yours are of much higher quality!

I take it as a challenge to try and find some new ritual to get us on a roll. I'll be there tonight with my wife, tickets were a birthday gift from my parents so I really hope for at least a competitive game compared to Friday. I've never felt so empty for an entire game the way I felt that night.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014

Yay team!

These guys definitely put more effort into GDT's than the Devils put into actual hockey games.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
From nj.com

Aside from the Panthers' disappointing 17-16-8 record, Jagr still is having a ton of fun ... just as he did for most of his almost two full seasons as a Devil. Since returning to the NHL in 2009-10 following three seasons in Russia's KHL, Jagr's best season was his first in New Jersey ... 24 goals and a team-high 67 points playing for head coach Pete DeBoer.

Recalling his time with the Devils, Jagr said, "It was cool. Personally, it was a pretty good season for me ... the first one. We almost made the playoffs. I liked the style that they played. The coaches ... they were so good to me. The second year, the coach got fired, so it wasn't that good."

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Going to be in a class tonight so I'll probably just play it on phone in the background while typing notes. I honestly forgot there was a game for the 1st time this season.

I kind of forgot about the team entirely after trudging through the snow for Saturday's game just to see them lose in ot. There wasn't much to cheer for that game and while Wood's goal was highlight material, we were delayed too much by the weather and missed the 1st period.

Guess I can't complain though since we attended the multitude of home wins early in the season, which was a lot of fun. EDM was the 1st loss we attended this season.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014

Because playing top line minutes in Albany is better for him than playing 10 minutes here. Player development 101.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Does the team actually work hard tonight, or do we get another half ass lazy game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad