LeBrun: Panthers will consider moving Driedger now that Knight is signed

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yah that’s Lilly, sandin is arguably our best prospect (solid in ahl, WJC best defence man) but even Lilly is an overpayment imo for a back up
Wouldn’t he be your starter given your current goaltending? The premium is for taking Andersen off the books and opening up cap

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
What does it take from the Avs? His cap hit is quite enticing for our situation. Does Florida have interest in younger players or futures?
I mean to be honest it’s going to take an overpayment because we kind of need him right now. I’d honestly rather just not trade him and lose him in the offseason. At least he gives us a backup plan if Bob implodes like last season.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I mean to be honest it’s going to take an overpayment because we kind of need him right now. I’d honestly rather just not trade him and lose him in the offseason. At least he gives us a backup plan if Bob implodes like last season.
I’d see if we could get Barron + cap dump?

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Wouldn’t he be your starter given your current goaltending? The premium is for taking Andersen off the books and opening up cap
Anderson is off the books after this year so I wouldn’t pay anything close to sandin, he’s likely on or with Drieger, Campbell is 7-0 so at best they’d likely split duties. I’m also hesitant on paying that much for a goalie whose been good as a back up for less than a year, look at all the back ups who went on to a take a number one role and sucked (darling, Jones, bernier etc)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
K. You're overrating Lundell a bit huh?

A backup G with a small sample size & a sophomore F (22.5 yo) with 8pts/35 gp, -6...for one of the top teams in NHL.

Wow.
Lundell is a blue chip prospect. Just watched Mantha play today. No thanks. Guy is lazy as hell and a waste of talent. The rest you offered is a bunch of garbage. The classic I want him! Then when we say no, HES OVERRATED!!!!

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Anderson is off the books after this year so I wouldn’t pay anything close to sandin, he’s likely on or with Drieger, Campbell is 7-0 so at best they’d likely split duties. I’m also hesitant on paying that much for a goalie whose been good as a back up for less than a year, look at all the back ups who went on to a take a number one role and sucked (darling, Jones, bernier etc)
Sure: it’s a this year trade (with option of resigning). This looks like the best year for Leafs to make a run but goaltending has been tough. Moving Andersen’s money let’s you add another piece too!

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Lundell is a blue chip prospect. Just watched Mantha play today. No thanks. Guy is lazy as hell and a waste of talent. The rest you offered is a bunch of garbage. The classic I want him! Then when we say no, HES OVERRATED!!!!
Don’t argue for those who deny the Lundell! There are those who are wrong and then there are these people

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
No interest in Detroit's miscellaneous scraps at half price, Lundell or no Lundell.
Lol.

Mantha=miscellaneous scraps?

Bernier has been one of the best NHL goalies for the last 1yr, on a lottery team, historically bad last year.

Ryan for addl. scoring punch, RHS/vet/character

LGD leads NHL in FO's.

Cholo, helps on PP2, AHL/NHL tweener atm but skills are there.

It's okay, FLA doesn't need to win anymore Cups. 1 SCF appearance/25yr. pace. I know Miami isn't a hockey city.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Lol.

Bernier has been one of the best NHL goalies for the last 1yr, on a lottery team, historically bad last year.

LGD leads NHL in FO's.

It's okay, FLA doesn't need to win anymore Cups. 1 SCF appearance/25yr. pace. I know Miami isn't a hockey city.
Oh you mad your scraps are trash and we don’t want them? Too bad. If we wanted AHL fodder we’d call them up.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Sure: it’s a this year trade (with option of resigning). This looks like the best year for Leafs to make a run but goaltending has been tough. Moving Andersen’s money let’s you add another piece too!
I mean I suppose yes, I understand your logic but that’s just way too much, we could find someone to take Anderson for a lot less (if we wanted), Marleau cost a first and that was for a buyout and a full year, sandin is worth way more then a first

I don’t think we are a back up goalie away from winning a cup either. If sandin is being traded it’s for something a lot more crucial than a back up who has had a half year of being solid

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I mean I suppose yes, I understand your logic but that’s just way too much, we could find someone to take Anderson for a lot less, Marleau cost a first and that was for a buyout and a full year, sandin is worth way more then a first

I don’t think we are a back up goalie away from winning a cup either. If sandin is being traded it’s for something a lot more crucial than a back up who has had a half year of being solid
Gotchy: if you value Liljegren more than a first I completely understand!

I was thinking Driedger+Leafs (competitors)=high second; Andersen contract in this environment=2nd. The package would equal a first to me or Liljegren! Definitely made a mistake with Sandin and Liljegren (The Leafs should be like Florida: one good prospect per country ;) Makes life a lot easier)

Reactions: ThatsSoSlavin

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Gotchy: if you value Liljegren more than a first I completely understand!

I was thinking Driedger+Leafs (competitors)=high second; Andersen contract in this environment=2nd. The package would equal a first to me or Liljegren! Definitely made a mistake with Sandin and Liljegren (The Leafs should be like Florida: one good prospect per country ;) Makes life a lot easier)
No worries! I’m just happy to have an actual non-argumentative conversation about a trade for once haha

Reactions: violaswallet

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Mantha
Bernier @50%
Glendening @50%
Ryan @50%
Cholowski @50%

Lundell
Driedger
Luostarinen
The Panthers need a 2C and top4 D, so your trade proposal is;

A great, but expensive winger.
A downgrade at the backup position.
A replacement for Luo that is great at faceoff, but a clear downgrade overall.
A surprisingly healthy, and day to day with an injury, winger.
A dman that can't even crack the lineup of the worst defense in the league.

Mantha is a really nice piece, but wingers are not a need for the Panthers. I get how this trade helps Detroit, but it doesn't do much for the Panthers.
Imo, if Detroit trade for Driedger it's in a smallish trade to flip him to Tampa for a repeat, not a Mantha blockbuster trade.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Lol.

LGD leads NHL in FO's.

Mantha’s a great winger but we need centers. Lundell is extremely promising right now and tracking to be our longterm 2C in the not so distant future. We have no one behind Barkov, other than Loustarinen (who may be our longterm 3C). Not trading a prospect like that for rentals, to put it more nicely. Cholo isn’t what we’re looking to add on the backend longterm, bernier for one season is fine but that’s it because we have Knight coming soon, Ryan isn’t a longterm piece, neither is glendening and he’s just a 4th C anyways. Not saying those pieces by themselves aren’t enticing necessarily, but definitely not even considering moving lundell in a package for that, to be realistic.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
The Panthers need a 2C and top4 D, so your trade proposal is;

A great, but expensive winger.
A downgrade at the backup position.
A replacement for Luo that is great at faceoff, but a clear downgrade overall.
A surprisingly healthy, and day to day with an injury, winger.
A dman that can't even crack the lineup of the worst defense in the league.

Mantha is a really nice piece, but wingers are not a need for the Panthers. I get how this trade helps Detroit, but it doesn't do much for the Panthers.
Imo, if Detroit trade for Driedger it's in a smallish trade to flip him to Tampa for a repeat, not a Mantha blockbuster trade.

1. I wouldn't call Bernier a downgrade at all. He's been lights out for 1 yr., going back to ~midway of last season. Keep in mind the teams they both play for, perspective.

2. LGD is at minimum, = or better than Luo. LGD 9pts/36gp & tasked with shutdown duties. Meanwhile Luo gets 2nd/3rd line matchups, but has skilled PMD & F's to play with....also only 8pts/35gp for a Much Better Team. FO league leader, hits, has snarl, character, work ethic, PK, shotblock etc. The dude will block a shot with his face, he's All In 110% of the time. Decent backhand too.
Can & does score "dirty/playoff type crease crash goals", the kind that win series.

3. Ryan...see prior post

4. Cholo...will be fulltime in 21-22, only 23yo

5. We wouldn't trade for Driedger to flip him to TB. We'd just deal them JB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad