Proposal: Panthers Veteran Shake-up (PHI, ARZ, NYR)

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Lol absolutely not from a Rangers perspective.

The only way I’d take that contract on is if Lundell was coming with him and Florida isn’t doing that, so no deal.

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
Lol absolutely not from a Rangers perspective.

The only way I’d take that contract on is if Lundell was coming with him and Florida isn’t doing that, so no deal.
LMAO
This is a bad trade, but you guys have up only a 2nd round pick to dump a worse player with a higher cap hit (Staal). Now you want a Top 10 prospect in hockey to take Stralman on? Get real

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
LMAO
This is a bad trade, but you guys have up only a 2nd round pick to dump a worse player with a higher cap hit (Staal). Now you want a Top 10 prospect in hockey to take Stralman on? Get real

Yep and that’s exactly why I said it’s not happening. I wouldn’t do it for that. Makes no sense.

To be frank, I really don’t care if you like that or not. So move on.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
LMAO
Staal was traded to a team that wasn't going to compete and could eat the cap, while also looking to get a vet on the backend to provide some leadership to the younger players. (Whether Staal was worse or not wasn't important to Det). Rangers aren't looking to eat any cap or acquire a vet for the backend unless we actually want that player. It's a bad fit for NYR to take Stralman. I'm sure the price would be less if a team in Detroits situation was looking to trade with Florida. But yes, NYR are not going to take Stralman unless it's worth not passing up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad