GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 7 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 Reino's Return

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I’m way behind the thread. Watching the game on a recording.

But the Sabres PP with like 9 minutes left the 2nd period. It really highlights something about this team that constantly drives me nuts. When we make a good play or an opponent takes themselves out of the play we never press our advantage. It’s like we have no awareness.

On this PP. Tage made a good play drawing 2 defenders onto himself into the corner and then made the pass back to the point. So it’s 4v2 Sabres advantage everywhere else on the ice. But we just held the puck at the point, hesitating until the panthers got back in position. Then we tried to make a pass.

Press the goddamn advantage while you have it. If one guy draws 2 PKers to the corner, that’s the time to PRESS YOUR ADVANTAGE!!! Don’t hesitate until the PK is back in position.

Edit: we do the same stuff when an opponent loses a stick or the goalie loses a stick.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’m way behind the thread. Watching the game on a recording.

But the Sabres PP with like 9 minutes left the 2nd period. It really highlights something about this team that constantly drives me nuts. When we make a good play or an opponent takes themselves out of the play we never press our advantage. It’s like we have no awareness.

On this PP. Tage made a good play drawing 2 defenders onto himself into the corner and then made the pass back to the point. So it’s 4v2 Sabres advantage everywhere else on the ice. But we just held the puck at the point, hesitating until the panthers got back in position. Then we tried to make a pass.

Press the goddamn advantage while you have it. If one guy draws 2 PKers to the corner, that’s the time to PRESS YOUR ADVANTAGE!!! Don’t hesitate until the PK is back in position.

Edit: we do the same stuff when an opponent loses a stick or the goalie loses a stick.

Same when they gain the zone cleanly. Thompson has one where he goes to the net later in the game which I can count on one hand the times they've done that on the PP this year. They just curl to the wall and start dusting things off.

Reactions: BFLO

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Florida cast was kind of chuckling earlier about how they, the #2 team in the league in PIMs, isn't getting called on stuff.

Welcome to Buffalo.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Drive bys all over the ice, so frustrating. Can anyone even recall the last bodycheck by a forechecker?

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Same when they gain the zone cleanly. Thompson has one where he goes to the net later in the game which I can count on one hand the times they've done that on the PP this year. They just curl to the wall and start dusting things off.
Yep. It’s like they are completely unaware when they have a momentary advantage and instead always default to “let’s get set up in our static positions and wait for the defense to recover”

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yep. It’s like they are completely unaware when they have a momentary advantage and instead always default to “let’s get set up in our static positions and wait for the defense to recover”

It's how they play offense too at 5-on-5 - they don't attack the net then either.

Reactions: BFLO

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Not that Cozens did anything good there but 77 just spent the whole game tackling guys away from the puck and that ultimately led to the breakout and ENG. Must be nice to be able to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad