GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 7 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 Reino's Return

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
On this PP. Tage made a good play drawing 2 defenders onto himself into the corner and then made the pass back to the point. So it’s 4v2 Sabres advantage everywhere else on the ice. But we just held the puck at the point, hesitating until the panthers got back in position. Then we tried to make a pass.

Press the goddamn advantage while you have it. If one guy draws 2 PKers to the corner, that’s the time to PRESS YOUR ADVANTAGE!!! Don’t hesitate until the PK is back in position.
IIRC that was the play where a winger was wide open on the weak side, but Tage's "watch me dangle" tunnel vision required him to turn to the boards for the Sabres standard get-it-back-to-Dahlin maneuver.

That missed opportunity was all on Tage.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Anyway, I couldn't care less about the details at this point.

Let's see what a competent coaching staff can accomplish before we send good players elsewhere. Again.

Reactions: Fjordy

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Not sure I care for the false hope coach bump if he is fired in season. Ask him if he wants to be demoted to development role or be fired at the end of the season. Throw the book at a big name in the offseason.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Went to the game, sat 100s. I can't believe how soft this team is. The Panthers were literally laughing at our guys all night as they bullied them. Big bad Dahlin gets dumped on his ass in a scrum like a child, nobody does anything after.

Florida is obviously in a different league than us, but we didn't even engage with them. Just floated around flicking little shots on goal for the most part. After the bad blood we had with them last year, the fact that there wasn't a fight in this game blows my mind. Someone should have taken Lomberg's head off for how disrespectful he was on their ice. Scrappy Doo Krebs half tried to but let the linesman usher him to the bench without much resistance.

I don't even care to break down the game. It's just a roster full of meek little boys and I don't think strategy and individual play matter much until that changes.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Went to the game, sat 100s. I can't believe how soft this team is. The Panthers were literally laughing at our guys all night as they bullied them. Big bad Dahlin gets dumped on his ass in a scrum like a child, nobody does anything after.

Florida is obviously in a different league than us, but we didn't even engage with them. Just floated around flicking little shots on goal for the most part. After the bad blood we had with them last year, the fact that there wasn't a fight in this game blows my mind. Someone should have taken Lomberg's head off for how disrespectful he was on their ice. Scrappy Doo Krebs half tried to but let the linesman usher him to the bench without much resistance.

I don't even care to break down the game. It's just a roster full of meek little boys and I don't think strategy and individual play matter much until that changes.

This just reminds me of a kid I played with who was scared to get hit. He was so scared he awkwardly backed away from one check, only for it to still happen and result in him smacking the back of his head off the boards with greater velocity.

Just wondering why Sabres can’t match their peers, and that’s kinda my analogy. Sabres are running scared, they’re beat up, demoralized, and tired, and Florida has that confidence now, that swagger.

And we have Mr. Mackey at the helm, f***ing awesome. Popsicles after the game, boys, orange slices at intermissions, band-aids are with Ellis.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
This just reminds me of a kid I played with who was scared to get hit. He was so scared he awkwardly backed away from one check, only for it to still happen and result in him smacking the back of his head off the boards with greater velocity.

Just wondering why Sabres can’t match their peers, and that’s kinda my analogy. Sabres are running scared, they’re beat up, demoralized, and tired, and Florida has that confidence now, that swagger.

And we have Mr. Mackey at the helm, f***ing awesome. Popsicles after the game, boys, orange slices at intermissions, band-aids are with Ellis.
Interesting isn't it that there are several ex-Sabres on this Panthers team full of swagger, piss and vinegar. Guys who were viewed as being no different from the rest of the Sabre's lackluster culture and personna.

Luke-warm players who have turned into Eastern Conference champions.

That change didn't happen in Buffalo.......

It would be so interesting to hear THEIR perspectives on what changed them from what they were back in Buffalo. They know. But certainly can't publicly comment. But they know.

We tend to blame the players themselves.. their skills, their hockey IQ's, their lack of effort. But they blossom when moved elsewhere.

Meanwhile, management says it only wants players who want to be here. Why the f**k would any professional athlete WANT to be part of this dysfunctional (ownership, management, coaching and on ice leadership) organization?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Interesting isn't it that there are several ex-Sabres on this Panthers team full of swagger, piss and vinegar. Guys who were viewed as being no different from the rest of the Sabre's lackluster culture and personna.

Luke-warm players who have turned into Eastern Conference champions.

That change didn't happen in Buffalo.......

It would be so interesting to hear THEIR perspectives on what changed them from what they were back in Buffalo. They know. But certainly can't publicly comment. But they know.

We tend to blame the players themselves.. their skills, their hockey IQ's, their lack of effort. But they blossom when moved elsewhere.

Meanwhile, management says it only wants players who want to be here. Why the f**k would any professional athlete WANT to be part of this dysfunctional (ownership, management, coaching and on ice leadership) organization?

Someone whined about Tage (ok, probably more than a singular someone) last night- dude scored 94 points last year. Skinner was good, Tuch was good, the f*** happened? Why can we never build on shit, and instead it always goes back to worse?

Other teams don’t have a guy go off for 94 points and then disappear. At a certain point there’s just a lack of stability- hell, maybe it even helps guys get into a groove where great things can happen, but there’s no system to fall back to when things falter. That’d require a revamp of the whole front office, and that sounds like work Pegula isn’t gonna do, so instead it’s just this failed investment for him. The management is shit so the employee org chart is a mess and everyone is defeated.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Cats feed basically looking for some revenge on Greenway, the Panthers are definitely running around now looking for hits instead of the puck.
To be fair Panthers do that every game. 3rd in the league in hits

Reactions: Ralonzo

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If this was a real organization they'd find some hard men, put them on the Amerks and call em up for the next game vs Florida and re enact the legendary Fight Night on the island where the Isles literally beat the shit out of the Pens and began the turnaround of the entire franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad