Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Red Wings Jan 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Early 5pm start.

Looks like no Barkov again for this one.

Steve Gorten (@sgorten) tweeted at 11:46 AM on Sat, Jan 25, 2014:
#FlaPanthers coach Peter Horacek said injured C Aleksander Barkov (knee) won't travel with team but might join them during 4-game trip

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Early 5pm start.

Looks like no Barkov again for this one.

Steve Gorten (@sgorten) tweeted at 11:46 AM on Sat, Jan 25, 2014:
#FlaPanthers coach Peter Horacek said injured C Aleksander Barkov (knee) won't travel with team but might join them during 4-game trip

Is it worse than originally thought or does he just need the knee to recuperate?

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Is it worse than originally thought or does he just need the knee to recuperate?

I really wish they'd say something on the severity but the fact that he isn't on IR tells me he will probably be back against Boston. I think he misses this game, travels on Monday, and practices and plays Tuesday.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
So if it was more serious he'd have been put on the IR already? Makes sense, just curious.

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
So if it was more serious he'd have been put on the IR already? Makes sense, just curious.

well not really. there's not really need for that extra roster spot as of this moment so they can wait with it. he could be put retroactively to IR later also.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Going by how Panthers have handled shady injuries before. First saying just as precaution. It goes. Pre-caution -> day-to-day -> IR -> couple months -> out for season. So by the end of the road trip it should be updated to IR if it's serious and there just keeping the truth from us

If Barkov is out this road trip we can pretty much kiss any playoff hopes goodbye. I don't see us winning many without him in the lineup.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Going by how Panthers have handled shady injuries before. First saying just as precaution. It goes. Pre-caution -> day-to-day -> IR -> couple months -> out for season. So by the end of the road trip it should be updated to IR if it's serious and there just keeping the truth from us

If Barkov is out this road trip we can pretty much kiss any playoff hopes goodbye. I don't see us winning many without him in the lineup.

We were pretty much already realistically out of the playoffs before this anyways.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
We were pretty much already realistically out of the playoffs before this anyways.

obligatory playoffs gif. :sarcasm:
jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

I don't understand though. Why do they have to be like that with injures? Why are we at least not entitled to a reliable injury status? Especially since we're dealing with an up and coming rookie here who we all know is important to the long term success of the club. At least we know he can walk and somewhat skate (considering he finished the first period vs. Buffalo) so I can't see how this could be too serious.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Playoff hopes ended when the team started 3-12. Since I'm going to the Toronto game I hope Barkov is back for it, but they shouldn't push him, we all know the Panthers luck with injuries.

Some joker on the main boards was trying to argue how Versteeg doesn't make a team worse, so I did some calculations: Panthers record with Versteeg on the team: 4-12-4 without:16-12-3. Now if we could only unload Markstrom :sarcasm:

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
This 4 game roadtrip could be the final nail in the coffin. Detroit, Boston, Toronto, and scorching hot Columbus...I dont have the warm and fuzzies about this week.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I don't understand though. Why do they have to be like that with injures? Why are we at least not entitled to a reliable injury status? Especially since we're dealing with an up and coming rookie here who we all know is important to the long term success of the club. At least we know he can walk and somewhat skate (considering he finished the first period vs. Buffalo) so I can't see how this could be too serious.

This is what confuses me about injuries and sports fans in general. Why are teams obligated to tell the fans anything? We're not entitled to any information, really. There are people that we come into contact every day that perform some sort of service for us, but we don't ask them to fax us their medical records.

They don't owe us anything just because we're curious.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
WTF is happening, Sabres got 4-2 away vs Columbus with 7 min to go and Jets got 4-3 in Toronto with 10 to go. So a win vs Wings would bring us back in the race again. But we need 3 wins on the next 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad