GDT: Panthers @ Red Wings, 2PM ET, 11/29/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
It was basically what I described
my point is simply you always praise your goalie and certainly don't argue with the sports writer about it.

He did praise Lu when GR asked a question without making Lu look like a savior. He didn't say Lu played bad he just didn't want to give all the credit to Lu when it was a team win. So he should say yeah Lu stood on his head and kept us in it today the rest of the team sucked. Then he's throwing the team under the bus and they didn't deserve it today (other than Barkov he should be benched for Bolland after that turnover. :sarcasm:)

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
My feelings as well. I think there was one glove save that Luongo made that was really impressive. Other than that, he made saves I expect any NHL goalie to make.
Plus I don't think he wanted to make it seem like all their hard work was for nothing. It would have been like saying, "if it weren't for Luongo we would have got crushed". Like the other players did nothing.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
It was basically what I described
my point is simply you always praise your goalie and certainly don't argue with the sports writer about it.

You're getting out of opportunities to bash Gallant AG... Seriously... :shakehead

If the coach thought it was an inappropriate analysis from a clueless journalist, he has the right to tell the reporter to shut up !

As clueless as Gallant seems to you, I still take the clueless coach former-player guy over the clueless tennis-expert in hockey guy...

Next time Gallant gives in an interview in which he will make common comments, you will say how much this guy says what every coachs say...

It was a game with not much jump, in which I thought (only caught from the start of the second) we were ahead of Detroit the whole game, and only our PP held us back from a convincing win... Both goalies played great hockey behind hockey team who didn't have much speed but grinded it out !

Sure Luongo kept us in it, and he is our franchise player and he once again made a big save tonight... But it isn't one of those games where I would say that luckily we had Roberto in net...

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Is it me or that Dylan-Guds animal pair was once again on display like it was for that 20 games stretch in whatever year it was ? :help:

:popcorn:

Stop it. I want to but I can't.

He looked good... Underrated shot and when his head is right, seems like he can be serviceable, good start, but lets see how it plays out, depth is never a bad thing.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Stop it. I want to but I can't.

He looked good... Underrated shot and when his head is right, seems like he can be serviceable, good start, but lets see how it plays out, depth is never a bad thing.

Don't want to put high expectations on the kid anymore...

But that pair was deadly for those 20 games or so... They will have the odd mental-break (even though Gudbranson has cleaned those this year), and they may get caught running around in the d-zone from time-to-time... But there is that bizarre chemistry between the two, that will and strenght they put on display, they also get the puck up and jump in the offence thanks to Olsen underrated shot like you said.

Oh no, I'm not getting my hopes up for sure ! But you know, those memories...

Campbell-Ekblad
Kulikov-Petrovic
Olsen-Gudbranson

If only... If only... ! :)

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Give credit where credit is due, thats all i am saying.
Well, as has been stated before, the Panthers did out shoot the Red Wings. So it's not that big a deal to single out one player or another in this situation. I think Luongo will be fine either way. No need to make it seem like all the hard work by the rest of the players was for nothing.

EstConf96*

Well, as has been stated before, the Panthers did out shoot the Red Wings. So it's not that big a deal to single out one player or another in this situation.

Kinda expect us to out shoot when we have 5vs3 and plenty of PP time. I agree he will be fine, he is a true proffesional. I just get tired of the handholding and pampering on the other proffesionals. Thats all.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I missed the game due to work. I'm happy they won. They won another game without Bolland which is a step in the right direction imo.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
Kinda expect us to out shoot when we have 5vs3 and plenty of PP time. I agree he will be fine, he is a true proffesional. I just get tired of the handholding and pampering on the other proffesionals. Thats all.

Also don't need the kids ******** bricks when they rest Lu and play Al.

They win as a team, they lose as a team.
It wasn't the most spectacular game for Lu, the crossbar helped him late.

Happy they got two points against a division rival on the road... after gift-wrapping a walk-in goal for DET, totally botching the 5 on 3, and having two consecutive PKs late in the game.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It was the first even strength OT win for Florida since March 30th 2013 (kulikov from Campbell and Huberdeau). 1 OT win in 2014-2015 which was on the PP, zero OT wins in 2013-2014.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
You're getting out of opportunities to bash Gallant AG... Seriously... :shakehead

If the coach thought it was an inappropriate analysis from a clueless journalist, he has the right to tell the reporter to shut up !

As clueless as Gallant seems to you, I still take the clueless coach former-player guy over the clueless tennis-expert in hockey guy...

Next time Gallant gives in an interview in which he will make common comments, you will say how much this guy says what every coachs say...

It was a game with not much jump, in which I thought (only caught from the start of the second) we were ahead of Detroit the whole game, and only our PP held us back from a convincing win... Both goalies played great hockey behind hockey team who didn't have much speed but grinded it out !

Sure Luongo kept us in it, and he is our franchise player and he once again made a big save tonight... But it isn't one of those games where I would say that luckily we had Roberto in net...

Ahh see I don't think coaches have rights to tell reporters to shut up. Both ar doing their jobs. We will have to disagree on that.

I've praised bolland profusely these last few games putting a winning lineup on the ice.

Look it's no secret I like passionate coaches who are fiery on the bench, angry when they lose etc etc. I am admittedly biased in that regard.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Ahh see I don't think coaches have rights to tell reporters to shut up. Both ar doing their jobs. We will have to disagree on that.

I've praised bolland profusely these last few games putting a winning lineup on the ice.

Look it's no secret I like passionate coaches who are fiery on the bench, angry when they lose etc etc. I am admittedly biased in that regard.

He didn't tell Harvey to shut up. He said something to the effect why do you always come with Luongo kept us in the game? Did their goalie not make some good saves? And if any reporter ever should be told to shut up its Harvey he's an awful reporter.

And Gallant is fiery on the bench he yells at officials more than any coach I can remember. Who cares what he says in the pressers its all coach speak. I have no doubt what the team gets after a bad loss is a lot different than what he gives us in the press conferences.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Seeing that Kellyr can't be here.

frnXxyM.gif

:cheers:

To me goalies are a different breed.
Their ego is part of their game and I believe in pumping their tires every chance.

These are like really old school views and have very little merit in today's game. I think someone else said it before but get with the times, old man. :)

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
People forget that Olsen was decent through his first 20 last year and then just completely imploded (he had stuff going on). He's obviously done as a Panther but he'll get another look in the NHL I imagine. Serviceable 6/7.

Yeah, I had not forgotten, and also when he first came here from Chicago, he got a bunch of points as well (the season prior).

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The Panthers out shot Detroit and the game was pretty even otherwise. Luongo didn't stand on his head or face 40 shots while the panthers had 20. That definitely wasn't a game where I felt Lu kept us in the game both goalies played well if anything Mrazek kept Detroit in it.

Exactly. Lol at people having a go at Gallant for this.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
He didn't tell Harvey to shut up. He said something to the effect why do you always come with Luongo kept us in the game? Did their goalie not make some good saves? And if any reporter ever should be told to shut up its Harvey he's an awful reporter.

And Gallant is fiery on the bench he yells at officials more than any coach I can remember. Who cares what he says in the pressers its all coach speak. I have no doubt what the team gets after a bad loss is a lot different than what he gives us in the press conferences.

This! Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad