Post-Game Talk: Panthers pay huge injury toll but win 11th straight playoff OT game 3-2 over Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

didn't have a chance to listen earlier but from the presser earlier today. basically, Maurice rephrased what I've been saying - both teams were taking what's given and no more. how do you get more? skate faster.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Maybe if we were down 0-1 in the series. I dunno, I’m still trying to be optimistic.

That line in general produced all game

Best we can hope for is some kind of false positive for a break and further testing determines it's not or it's just a minor fracture and he'll be back quickly. I just don't see them keeping him out for cautionary reasons during a playoff game, especially a game that went to OT.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Watched on delay.

Really worried Bennett broke his hand or something courtesy of that idiotic wide shot by Montour.

Forsling was a warrior and seemed to take a lot of punishment as well. I hope he’s ok.

PK did it’s job allowing just the one PP goal on six attempts

BOB WITH THE BEST SAVE I’VE EVER SEEN FROM HIM AND ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE SEEN PERIOD.

We are picking up where we left off from last year boys!

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
The way Bennett threw his glove in anger when he was going down the tunnel really makes me worry that it was bad. I think it clipped his glove so hopefully that broke the impact at least a little. Probably got him at the lowest part of the forearm just before the wrist, but I’m just guessing. I’d be shocked if he’s back this series. Just hope it’s not broken but expecting the worst. I won’t take what Paul says seriously unless he says he’s in.

At least Forsling continued to play the rest of the game and still moved well. I was insanely worried when I saw him limping back to the bench and hunched over in pain

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Zito has been trying to plan for the eventuality of losing someone like Bennett for a stretch in the playoffs. Others will just need to step up. Lundell is getting closer but he doesn’t replace Sam Bennett’s grit.

Still, no one is irreplaceable. Well almost no one, this team has three or maybe four of them. But all teams have them (Kucherov, Vasy, Panarin, Matthews, etc.) so it’s not a Panthers only situation.

I’m still holding out hope that Sam’s injury is more like Stone’s injury, without the cap f*** feature.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Esteban

May 19, 2022
It looked like Montour shot right because he didn’t have a clear lane and didn’t want the block to become a turnover, and it hit Bennet. But, that’s giving him the benefit of the doubt considering he’s been shooting wide right. Hope we see him back soon.

The Bob save was something else - I want to keep rewatching it!

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I'd be shocked if Bennett doesn't miss at least a couple of weeks. Just the tissue damage has to be bad even if it didn't break anything. Which itself would be a miracle.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Through two games, one major take away from me is how awful Montour and OEL are mic'd up

All Montour did was pretend he was a cop car and OEL just kept saying that's it, that's it, good looks good looks

What a complete snooze fest lol

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Stupid comment. 50 points in regular season is way too little.
No it's not, that's good for top 6 in scoring among 22 year olds this season. Hell, among 23 year olds this year its top 5 in scoring.

I would be satisfied with 50 points from Lundell next year, especially considering his two way game.

It's easy to forget considering his excellent rookie year, but Lundell is a 12th overall draft pick who wasn't some offensive dynamo. He was always more of a two way player even as a prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad