Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'll be at this one, anyone else?

My 2 favourite games at ACC:

and I can't find a youtube of it, but if anyone remembers it was in the 05/06 season, a 6-5 last second OT loss with Maclennan standing on his head, Niewy and Sundin both had hattys

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

My 2 favourite games at ACC:

and I can't find a youtube of it, but if anyone remembers it was in the 05/06 season, a 6-5 last second OT loss with Maclennan standing on his head, Niewy and Sundin both had hattys

Before that season was the summer of McLean, Zednik, Dvorak I believe. Made me so mad when that's all we added.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I was at that 8-0 thumping of Toronto. The arena was pretty crazy after the 6th goal. Fans were cheering, felt like I was at the BB&T Center :laugh:

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Hearing those lineups with Potvin doing commentary feels sooooo long ago now.

I just want us to continue being spoilers in episode 2 of HBO's 24/7 series if we beat the Leafs, we did a good job in episode 1 beating the Wings! :handclap:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
We better bring our A game and come out NOT totally asleep. We owned Toronto back in 2011-2012; last year they got the better of us. I think their speed just killed us; mainly kessel. Hope Huby can go for that one.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

How much and where are you sitting? A win against the Leafs would be a stellar Christmas gift this year. The Leafs play tonight IN Pittsburgh and we have the night off. We should have all the energy for the game tomorrow and I feel confident about the game and listening to my friends make excuses for their Leafs recent slide down the standings.

If we can get back to a .500 record after 41GP, I see no reason why we can't snag a wildcard spot.

Love to see the players having fun and all of them buying into Horachek's defensive system (blocking shots, last 6 of 9 with 26 or fewer shots against). Clem has better stats then Markstrom but that speaks volume of the first 14 games and the last 15 games. I feel Markstrom could be winning these games with the new up tempo play and the morale of working hard for your teammates.

Looking forward to the holidays with the team playing their best hockey of the season. One happy cat here :)

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
456135637_slide.jpg

i understand why barkov doesnt celebrate his goals, but i dont care! he need to score next game. he's due to having a big ass 2 goal game

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
This is going to be a huge game pointwise. With a win they'll trail Toronto by 6, with a loss they are back behind 10 again. Let's hope TOR has a rough game against Pittsburgh tonight.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Our D has been night and day better. Also don't doubt the Tallon trades, Olsen is a huge addition for us playing great and giving us a solid 3 pairings. Kuli has kept it simple, yet effective and showed some damn heroics last night. Guys are buying in and it shows, Boyes even has been working his ass off last few games. Let's keep the train rolling and add more points!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Really could use Guds nailing Kessel and co tonight

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
How much and where are you sitting?
Half way up upper deck, near dead centre ice. Fortunately we know a guy who has Leafs season's tickets, and he's in his mid 90's so he can't go to the games anymore, and he sells them at face value (for like $50 something) If we didn't know him, I don't think I could justify paying $250-350 for the same tickets off stub hub. The good news is he's in good health, but when the inevitable happens in a few years I'm S.O.L :laugh:

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
This will be a back to back for Toronto plus they give up a million shots per game. Not too mention they have a ton of injury/suspension issues, feel like we should be able to keep this run going but at the same time this game has a huge "let down" feel written all over it.....guess well have to wait and see if we actually decide to play from the start of this one.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'll be watching with my friends (majority of them are Leaf fans) in a garage. Like i said before I usually just go to Wings games. An hour closer for driving, and tickets are almost half the price.

I expect another solid effort. After all we are 2-0 so far in 24/7 games. You think the boys aren't aware of that! :D

snizzbone*

This will be a back to back for Toronto plus they give up a million shots per game. Not too mention they have a ton of injury/suspension issues, feel like we should be able to keep this run going but at the same time this game has a huge "let down" feel written all over it.....guess well have to wait and see if we actually decide to play from the start of this one.

We stopped giving up thousands of shots recently.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if we can manage to beat them in regulation, we'd only be 6pts from tying them and we'd have a game in hand. we'd also be right there with everyone else chasing that wildcard spot. strange to think that.
big game. really good for us if we can win in regulation (or in general) and cut it to 6 behind. or lose in regulation and be 10 behind again. lets see if they can keep it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad