OT: Panthers Lounge the Viides [ˈʋiːde̞s] - The Thread That Won't Take 4 Years To Finnish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
So, final rankings

23. Hudler
22. Kindl
21.Howden
20. Purcell
19. Campbell
18. Thornton
17. Mackenzie
16. Shaw
15. Jagr
14. Mitchell
13. Wilson
12. Ekblad
11. Luongo
10. Montoya
9. Huberdeau
8. Gudbranson
7. Jokinen
6. Trocheck
5. Matheson
4. Bjugstad
3.Kulikov
2. Barkov
1. Smith
And -1. Mike Kelly

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
i just bought my team in nba2k mygm mode :(
huuuuuge mistake since i'm not even simulating but play all the games myself. i have no idea why i did this. huge waste of 50k vc. kill me. fml

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I had no clue where to put this but I just saw that our new energy team is going to be called the "Roar Corps".

:laugh:

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
So at the ripe age of 41 after 20 years of working in the hospitality industry as a cook and then chef, I decided that I didn't really enjoy cooking food for people anymore and was tired of being in a windowless kitchen all the time.
I now drive a truck around and service pools in the Florida keys as a pool tech. I love being outside all the time now and seeing the sights. :)

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
So at the ripe age of 41 after 20 years of working in the hospitality industry as a cook and then chef, I decided that I didn't really enjoy cooking food for people anymore and was tired of being in a windowless kitchen all the time.
I now drive a truck around and service pools in the Florida keys as a pool tech. I love being outside all the time now and seeing the sights. :)

Nice, it's always good to make a change to make yourself happier

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I've been doing bookkeeping work for about a year while I studied for the CPA exam. Now that I passed, I'm trying to make it down to Miami and work for a firm down there.
Cool :)

Nice, you'll be able to quit smoking now too :sarcasm:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I quit about 3 and a half years ago! ;)

That show is filmed all around where I work supposedly, I have to check it out sometime.

Damn, you made a smart move switching jobs then.

It takes a few episodes to get going but it's pretty good overall.

BarkyRatter

Oct 2, 2015
Phew, my NCO march is over and I'm almost ready to be promoted to medical corporal. I was a little dissapointed it was only about 35 klicks (+ 8 "leader tasks" during the march) according to my polar watch, but I gotta say that Soupy, you were right; your feet will simply get destroyed in the service. Today it was fun to walk on the hall and watch in the tupa's, you saw so many people with their feet full of blisters and cuts looking very unconfortable. Many had also abrasions on their body, because we had to carry so much stuff. Body armor and battle vest alone weighted around 8 kilos (without the plates) and then you have the backpack, which was ridicilously overfilled. It was around 12 kilos with the boots hanging outside of it. I myself had 5 liters of water on the go, and then you have your basic stuff, like helmet and assault rifle. So over 30 kilos (or about 70lbs) of stuff I (and everybody else) had to carry during the march.

I was very fotunate to march with a really good group, we joked around and roasted each other the whole march + we got back to our camp just after midnight, so we had a lot of time to sleep. One group from the staff company got back 15 minutes after I woke up in the morning. They looked sooo unwell and broken.

I'm very thrilled that the 2/15 batch is going home in just 11 days and after that we'll be the leaders around here. In Finland we have this saying, "tit slapping". That describes my responsivilities as a medical NCO in my unit. And I love it.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
First night back in Finland. Gonna miss Florida, especially the weather and live pnthers hockey. Moved to a really small town with under 5k population so this is gonna take a little time to get used to :laugh: Btw, what do y'all Europeans use to watch hockey? Gamecenter (or whatever the hell its called nowadays)?

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
First night back in Finland. Gonna miss Florida, especially the weather and live pnthers hockey. Moved to a really small town with under 5k population so this is gonna take a little time to get used to :laugh: Btw, what do y'all Europeans use to watch hockey? Gamecenter (or whatever the hell its called nowadays)?

What - for Finish standards - bigger side is this small town close? (I've lived in Finland for a year, in Mikkeli, therefore my curiosity).

I can recommand NHL Gamecenter Live. It was around 80 € if I remember right for the whole season including playoffs. I especially liked the condensed games without commercial breaks and intermissions between periods, worked great on the laptop, not so much on the 2013 Windows tablet (maybe better on the new ones)

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
What - for Finish standards - bigger side is this small town close? (I've lived in Finland for a year, in Mikkeli, therefore my curiosity).

I can recommand NHL Gamecenter Live. It was around 80 € if I remember right for the whole season including playoffs. I especially liked the condensed games without commercial breaks and intermissions between periods, worked great on the laptop, not so much on the 2013 Windows tablet (maybe better on the new ones)
Thanks! I live close to Riihimäki, which isn't that big either but its the closest "big" city. 80€ Doesn't sound bad at all. Might check it out once the season starts again.

BarkyRatter

Oct 2, 2015
80€ Doesn't sound bad at all. Might check it out once the season starts again.

Aksu, the gamecenter/nhl.tv is blocked in Finland, because Viasat owns the exclusive rights to NHL. Therefore, the best option is to subscribe to Viaplay urheilu that costs 26.95€ /month (or 29.95€ for the Viaplay total that contains a few mediocre movies).

The good thing about it is that it contains a lot more than NHL. Lot's of football; Barclays PL, FA Cup, Champions League, Serie A, Ligue 1 & La Liga. Then there's NHL, KHL, World Cup, Nascar, Speedway GP, UFC and a f***ton of golf.

But still, it just feels wrong, that you don't have the option to get the better broadcast and more functions by nhl.tv, because a Viasat owns the rights to NHL (and their broadcasts are inferior to nhl.tv broadcasts). It has a lot of annoyance in Finnish NHL-viewers and for example in February an adress was made, by users of jatkoaika forums, towards this problem, but unfortunately it never got the attention it deserved.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Aksu, the gamecenter/nhl.tv is blocked in Finland, because Viasat owns the exclusive rights to NHL. Therefore, the best option is to subscribe to Viaplay urheilu that costs 26.95€ /month (or 29.95€ for the Viaplay total that contains a few mediocre movies).

The good thing about it is that it contains a lot more than NHL. Lot's of football; Barclays PL, FA Cup, Champions League, Serie A, Ligue 1 & La Liga. Then there's NHL, KHL, World Cup, Nascar, Speedway GP, UFC and a f***ton of golf.

Well crap. I guess thats the only option then. Do they have every cats game? And which broadcast do they use? Will I be able to hear uncle Potvin's drunk comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad