Post-Game Talk: Panthers lose again but clinch playoff spot for 5th straight season

Preferred first round opponent?

• Tampa

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
I wish someone in the organization would blast the reffing.
Publicly putting this issue out front.
Putting the focus on the refs and the league.

Challenge the status quo.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I don't envy Bill Zito's decision on what to do with Brandon Montour. He looked fantastic in last year's playoffs, and has looked absolutely dire for most of this season since coming back from injury. I can excuse some rust after an injury, but his decision-making continues to be bafflingly bad.
Wanna see him gone if wants more than Forsling even then.. meh..

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
No because you didn’t make the GDT
IMG_7907.jpeg

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
What do we have here? A 46 win team about to enter the playoffs after winning the Eastern Conference last season or a bunch of shitters that can't beat a lowly Isles team on a Thurs night with 10 to go? Think about that a little.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
one skate touching the blue paint won't do it.

I'm watching the isles feed (because, of course...) and at first, they thought it was coming back. but after multiple looks, including from the back side, you could see stolie was almost entirely outside the paint. AND he fell back to try and sell it.

I think it was the right call.

in any event, this is not winning (or panthers) hockey.
Mo challenged it just so the refs could get a good look at the trip that they missed just before contact with Stolie.

“You’re missing a pretty good game out there, fellas...”

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think this team just can't summon the desperation right now

I just don't see the passion in their play. I see a team going through the motions and focused on preservation

Reactions: Vilam

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
They saw themselves at the top of the league standings and decided to stop trying and coast into the playoffs, it seems

Reactions: Vilam

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I very rarely complain about the refs and bringing up the last 7 games about this call is irrelevant

They are losing because they look bad

A bad call is a bad call

point is, a bad call here and there shouldn't be (and very rarely is...) the determining factor in a W/L.

losers complain about the officiating.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
It wasn’t G interference. The missed call on Cizakas is another debate. Probably was valid. But the challenge on G just wasn’t there .

not sure that was a missed call either.

I’m sorry but if you think going against the grain to be “white knight” of goalie interference is the play then LOL. We have seen plenty of goalies out of the crease still get the call for much less. Horrible call for league standards.

that's your opinion.

I don't think there was a lot of contact but stolie clearly tried to sell it, taking himself out of the play. GM's snapshot is misleading. @PSLguy 's highlight clearly shows stolie completely outside the blue just before contact.

anyway... this is all loser talk. we're simply not playing the swarming forecheck that we can/need to play and the result is that we are getting exposed defensively (in transition and in zone). that's also why we can't hold a lead of late. and it's not for lack of effort, imo.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
point is, a bad call here and there shouldn't be (and very rarely is...) the determining factor in a W/L.

losers complain about the officiating.
Based on your posts tonight it seems like you feel the officials were fine.

I disagree. Especially the Bennett trip which directly led to an Isles goal. You don't feel Bennett was tripped on that play?

Not saying the Panthers deserved a win but 6-1 penalties called is a bit ridiculous.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
start playing the guys that got them here.. lombo gadjo
I'm not gonna lie.

I'm sorta on this boat right now

Verhaeghe Barkov Reinhart
Cousins Benny Tkachuk
Luostar Lundell ERod
Lombo Stenlund Gadjo

I don't wanna hear shit about Cousins on the 2nd right now being bad tbh lol

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Is there a reason Tkachuk isn’t allowed to play left wing? He did in Calgary. It would open up interesting combos for us.

Tkachuk-Barkov-Tarasenko
Verhaeghe-Bennett-Reinhart
Luostarinen-Lundell-Rodrigues
Lomberg-Stenlund-Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad