Post-Game Talk: Panthers lose again but clinch playoff spot for 5th straight season

Preferred first round opponent?

• Tampa

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Well… Another one for the black and white team…

Get back on your horses next one.

We have to bounce-back !

Still ridiculous to get that kind of officiating at this level… Keeping lousy untalented teams in the hunt, guess that’s the memo…

Credits to Roy though.

Temper/emotions/concentration and zebras are the only two things keeping us from another lengthy-run IMO.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
1-6 the last two weeks.

Not really getting outplayed, just giving up goals off skates, legs, sticks, etc.

It seems like when they want to they can shut down the other team and limit their zone time. I think they want to get to the playoffs healthy. There's still more than 2 weeks left in the regular season.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I don’t get why some of us are panicking. Who gives a f*** lol. I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt from their run last year.

Because the team looks sloppy and genuinely looks like they just aren't trying in these home games. The effort was good in the first and then late in the third tonight, but in the second period they were dumping in and not even skating to loose pucks. If you think they're just gonna turn it back on for the playoffs, well, that's good, I guess.

Reactions: Vilam

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
1-6 the last two weeks.

Not really getting outplayed, just giving up goals off skates, legs, sticks, etc.

It seems like when they want to they can shut down the other team and limit their zone time. I think they want to get to the playoffs healthy. There's still more than 2 weeks left in the regular season.

Not generating much offense at all. Each defensive breakdown somehow leads to a goal. They'll make 3-5 a game and they score 3-5

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don’t get why some of us are panicking. Who gives a f*** lol. I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt from their run last year.
I think playing Washington/Philly would be a huge advantage over Toronto/Tampa. That dream is finished but it'd be nice to see them play well again before the season ends.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
I don't envy Bill Zito's decision on what to do with Brandon Montour. He looked fantastic in last year's playoffs, and has looked absolutely dire for most of this season since coming back from injury. I can excuse some rust after an injury, but his decision-making continues to be bafflingly bad.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
If Im Paul Maurice Im going absolutely ballistic in the dressing room after this. These shitters will be done in 4 if this is the effort level we put out. Especially against shitty bubble teams like the Isles.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Because the team looks sloppy and genuinely looks like they just aren't trying in these home games. The effort was good in the first and then late in the third tonight, but in the second period they were dumping in and not even skating to loose pucks. If you think they're just gonna turn it back on for the playoffs, well, that's good, I guess.
So the first 60ish games mean nothing where they were just rolling? These games mean NOTHING right now. You think they just forgot how to play hockey? lol. They sucked all last year and then in playoffs the switch clicked.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I don't envy Bill Zito's decision on what to do with Brandon Montour. He looked fantastic in last year's playoffs, and has looked absolutely dire for most of this season since coming back from injury. I can excuse some rust after an injury, but his decision-making continues to be bafflingly bad.
Rust should have been shaken off by now!

Let's see how he does in the playoffs.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
So the first 60ish games mean nothing where they were just rolling? These games mean NOTHING right now. You think they just forgot how to play hockey? lol. They sucked all last year and then in playoffs the switch clicked.

I personally tend to think that success becomes habitual, as does losing.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I personally tend to think that success becomes habitual, as does losing.
So by that account, Florida should’ve been swept last year since they lost all year and got used to it. I could care less if this team dominates every game if they can’t win in the playoffs. Worked amazing for Boston last year.

Reactions: PSLguy

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
People pointing to last year’s playoffs forget we actually ended the season on a high note and had a six game win streak to right the ship. Right now we look like we did during the worst parts of last year and completely lethargic. If this is how it’s going to continue we’ll be a quick out in round one. Limping in is not a recipe for success.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
People pointing to last year’s playoffs forget we actually ended the season on a high note and had a six game win streak to right the ship. Right now we look like we did during the worst parts of last year and completely lethargic. If this is how it’s going to continue we’ll be a quick out in round one. Limping in is not a recipe for success.
I believe @FrolikFan67 posted an amazing stat line of the last couple teams that have won the cup have limped into playoffs.

Reactions: BabyBennettov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad