Panthers @ Lightning, Game Preview

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I like how we're being tested with our Achilles heal right off the bat. Teams build, designed and run on skilled, high paced offensive attack like Dallas and TB. Dallas didn't have most of their vets, but they still played the same style. They tried to come at us, moved the puck quick, quick decisions and everything quick. TB will be a good benchmark.

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
Grimaldi out at least a week which probably translates to three months...hopefully at least a week though.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Grimaldi out at least a week which probably translates to three months...hopefully at least a week though.
That means the soonest he could line up will be the last exhibition game on Sat, Oct 3. Wouldn't surprise me to see him sit that one out too just to make sure he's healed.

The more I think about it, I think Crouse won't be sent to juniors unless he absolutely stinks up the joint in his 9 games. He's physically ready and responsible defensively, so I think he gets a green light. Don't think he'll line up every game, but that won't be a bad thing.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
That means the soonest he could line up will be the last exhibition game on Sat, Oct 3. Wouldn't surprise me to see him sit that one out too just to make sure he's healed.

The more I think about it, I think Crouse won't be sent to juniors unless he absolutely stinks up the joint in his 9 games. He's physically ready and responsible defensively, so I think he gets a green light. Don't think he'll line up every game, but that won't be a bad thing.

sounds like 9 games at least. If crouse goes back does he have a team that can help him develop offensively or is he it?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
sounds like 9 games at least. If crouse goes back does he have a team that can help him develop offensively or is he it?

I'd much rather give Matheson a 9 game try-out. Is he eligible for that?

I want to see maybe

Soup - Ekblad
Matheson - Kulikov
Mitchell - Gudbranson

Send Crouse for development

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I'd much rather give Matheson a 9 game try-out. Is he eligible for that?

I want to see maybe

Soup - Ekblad
Matheson - Kulikov
Mitchell - Gudbranson

Send Crouse for development

Matheson's ELC kicks in this season regardless of where he's playing. Also, I agree...send Crouse back, no reason to rush him at this point. I'd rather sign Booth for 1 year at like 750 to 800k.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He already has an ELC and he's over 20 so he'll start season with Portland in AHL but more than likely get called up later given injuries.

Then if he is waiver exempt, I'd sooner start him opening night with the pairings above and have Petro waiting in the wings if it doesnt work out.

send Crouse down, keep Booth, and go from there.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Kingston will probably be a fair team this year. Most of the guys they signed including their #1 draft pick are big power forward types. I don't think they really have standout centers on the team to get him the puck since Bennett is gone. Lammikko is back with the team, but again I believe he is another big winger. They do have an excellent goalie. So in summary, I think he is better served playing with the Cats.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
No stream from TB. Notables are that Pirri-Bjugs-Smith is the top line, Matheson/Ekblad is also a pairing for tonight.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We really need to find some real backups

Kinda worried nobody except HBJ line and Bjugstad can score

Sure it's pre-season but you'd think with so many fighting for spots theyd get something done

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Havlat-Bolland-Trocheck all -2

In other news. Ekblad played over 17 minutes in 2 periods

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad