Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Leafs : Round 2 Game 5

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1683819079437.png

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
If they play a full 60 like they did last night, as close to a perfect playoff game (esp. on the road) as I've ever seen from this team, they can push this to 6.

Given this team's recent playoff history though I am still skeptical, plus only scoring 2 a game isn't sustainable. Bad bounces, puck luck and all that. But at least for one game we saw this team's potential. If they do it again tomorrow, I may just have to start believing.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
we need to play with the same anger as the florida pa announcer. Last game that was easy, this game they will have to somehow channel that energy. Then win game 6 because you can’t have your final game of the season end with that rendition of the national anthem

Reactions: WillNy29

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
One game at a time

A blowout would be real nice here, get the offense going and the crowd alive
This is what I have been envisioning. Start like game 2, but no slacking off and f***ing it up.

I think a trouncing would go a long way in putting the Panthers back on their heels mentally.

There are a lot of people who believe in manifesting things into reality, I am firmly on that train for the time being. Right now, the focus is on manifesting a game 5 win.

Last edited:

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
as silly as it sounds, i have always believed in the "one game at a time" theory - just win the next one. Don't think 'we have to win four straight'. Just think we have to win the next game.
Obviously, statistically, easier said than done.

Also, I have been asked to go to tomorrow's game - i politely declined - I have been to one game in each of the first two rounds, and they lost both. As Stevie Wonder would say..."Very superstitious...." :)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
as silly as it sounds, i have always believed in the "one game at a time" theory - just win the next one. Don't think 'we have to win four straight'. Just think we have to win the next game.
Obviously, statistically, easier said than done.

Also, I have been asked to go to tomorrow's game - i politely declined - I have been to one game in each of the first two rounds, and they lost both. As Stevie Wonder would say..."Very superstitious...." :)
Exactly, not 4 straight. Just win one game 4 times.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I don’t wanna jinx it, but Barkov is so overrated.

Looks like Tavares out there.
Panthers fans are not happy with him. Outside of game 3 and his lucky goal in game 2 he's been pretty ass.

If anything we've been getting cooked by Lundell's line.

Reactions: ruaware41

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad