PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
here is my preference

Knies-Matthews-Jankrok
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Domi-Marner

run the three lines with about the same TOI and do not tire out you core guys especially Marner

BUT if they want to play the "Core 4" in the top 2 lines then IMO it would be better if. they ran....

Jankrok-Matthews-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Domi-Robertson

reason: Get Knies away from top QoC and let him learn the game and the grind of regular season with relatively easier match-ups. Knies-Domi also had chemistry going; with Domi-Robertson also showing chemistry; IMO that 3rd line would be a handful for opposition

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The schedule is again our friend with Florida on the second night of a back to back, and also playing poorly in the last few games.

Reactions: Cypruss

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Matthews and Marner on separate lines? f***ing finally.

I like the move of changing the lines up but you need to run with this for at least 8-10 games before making any new conclusions.

Don't make this switch, then after 1-2 games of the new lines not immediately lighting it up just quickly go back to the AM/MM setup.

Give AM/WN and JT/MM time to rebuild some on ice chemistry.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The scary thing is the Leafs tend to let advantages slip through their fingers while they put their best foot forward when absolutely cornered. So as often this year it’s a flip of the coin.
I think Florida will probably beat Ottawa tonight. If Bob plays tonight, the Leafs will get Stolarz on Tuesday, which will be another advantage for Toronto (and please let's not have anyone post Stolarz' stats without also referencing the teams he has played this season...).

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
There are currently FOUR teams in the league with LESS Regulation wins than us. Five Regulation wins. Only Minnesota, Chicago, San Jose and Montreal are worse. Chicago and San Jose have ONE less regulation win than us... think about that for a second. Oilers... a team in complete disarray, has more regulation wins than us.

We sit in the last wild card spot in the East.

What do you guys think the ownership's break point is, to make changes?

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

horner

May 22, 2007
The schedule is again our friend with Florida on the second night of a back to back, and also playing poorly in the last few games.
You know that doesn't matter to the Leafs.
Florida will show up

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Would love to see someone fill in Sam Bennett for that knies hit in this game

"accidently on purpose"

I hope Domi jumps him like he did to Ekblad

sorry not sorry

There are currently FOUR teams in the league with LESS Regulation wins than us. Five Regulation wins. Only Minnesota, Chicago, San Jose and Montreal are worse. Chicago and San Jose have ONE less regulation win than us... think about that for a second. Oilers... a team in complete disarray, has more regulation wins than us.

Suits not buying corporate tickets anymore? :dunno:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think Florida will probably beat Ottawa tonight. If Bob plays tonight, the Leafs will get Stolarz on Tuesday, which will be another advantage for Toronto (and please let's not have anyone post Stolarz' stats without also referencing the teams he has played this season...).

Stolarz was actually surprisingly serviceable in Anaheim. Huge goalie who played pretty well in relief of John Gibson. So like I say, any time the Leafs have an on paper advantage, be wary of it blowing up in their faces.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
"accidently on purpose"

I hope Domi jumps him like he did to Ekblad

sorry not sorry

Suits not buying corporate tickets anymore? :dunno:

There are not enough flying fists for deserving recipients on that Florida Panthers team. Ekblad always strikes me as such a pretender, but even then I don’t even know if his treatment of Bunting ranks Top 5 in revenge targets.

• Love
Reactions: PromisedLand

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

January.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

It could also be stated that we're two points out of a tie for 2nd in the division while having a game or two in hand on the teams within striking distance above. The outlook is neither particularly rosy, nor is it overly bleak.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Look forward to seeing if we start out slow and spend the rest of the game playing catch up or if we come out strong stop playing and let the other team come back.
Wonder how many games they score the first goal?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It could also be stated that we're two points out of a tie for 2nd in the division while having a game or two in hand on the teams within striking distance above. The outlook is neither particularly rosy, nor is it overly bleak.

I get that... but the points do flatter how we've gotten there. I suppose you could look at it the other way, that we've accumulated points, despite playing fairly awful

Reactions: Buds17 and 1specter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad