Confirmed with Link: Panthers invite M. Havlat on a PTO

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
So can we sign them both to one contract? There should be about 40 games between them.

Edit: Damn you Mogo, stealing my thunder :lol:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
This just also shows there more to Boyes being bought out than just numbers. Boyes must burnt some bridges

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
This just also shows there more to Boyes being bought out than just numbers. Boyes must burnt some bridges

I think it was just to shed salary.

The Booth and Havlat pto are just to give the young guys competition. If the young guys practice/play like they should, these guys remain free agents. Someone gets injured, regresses, and one of Booth or Havlat show some gas in the tank, then we have a backup plan.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
It's good to have competition and extra bodies during camp. I'm sure Jagr will be taking camp at his own pace so having an extra winger or two can't hurt.

Havlat won't make the team.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
can't see him realistically making it unless he's ok with a 2way deal and play in the ahl. but for that he could go back to the czech republic and play at home. it just gives everyone more competition. they always preach every season they love having competition, we got a former panther fan fav, and a former tallon guy, neither could get signed but it gives everyone competition and helps both guys out regardless what happens.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Tallon has a long-running man crush on Havlat, who like Jussi can also play RW. Assuming that Havlat is healthy and has gas left in the tank (both questionable assumptions IMO), he is capable of providing offense on a cheap one-year contract.

I am starting to get the feeling that the Panthers have doubts about the readiness of some of their AHL prospects (Grimaldi, Howden etc.) and that Tallon may be concerned about offense and serious about creating genuine competition.

I am intrigued by a 2nd line consisting of Crouse, Bjugstad and Havlat or a third line of Crouse, Bolland and Havlat.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
It's good to have competition and extra bodies during camp. I'm sure Jagr will be taking camp at his own pace so having an extra winger or two can't hurt.

Havlat won't make the team.

Jagr goes hard in training camp. It's not like he shows up just to show up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad