Post-Game Talk: Panthers improve to 19-3-2 over their last 24 with a 3-2 OT win vs Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Tarasenko ain't what we need at all.

Need some grit AND scoring for the bottom 6, not an overpaid floater.

I wouldn't hate it, I can imagine him working well with Barkov and he is playing for a new contract so I don't think he would float here. But it would have to be dirt cheap.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Currently I keep Ekblad over Monty, come at me bros

Is there doubt in anyone's mind Mikkola - OEL couldn't be a thing?
Put OEL with Lundy, Ekblad with Monty, Mikkola with Kulikov. That would be 3 very strong pairings.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
That should be the expectation when comparing a $7.5mil dman to a $3.5mil dman.
Now what is the expectation? Drop the better player for most of their careers? Or stick with a player who seems to have had what now looks like an outlier year.

Rest assured Montour will ask for an Ekblad level salary, is as old as Ekblad, with a lesser track record. I'd prefer the Forsling and Ekblad duo moving forward over the alternative.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Now what is the expectation? Drop the better player for most of their careers? Or stick with a player who seems to have had what now looks like an outlier year.

Rest assured Montour will ask for an Ekblad level salary, is as old as Ekblad, with a lesser track record. I'd prefer the Forsling and Ekblad duo moving forward over the alternative.

He's two years older than Ekblad.

Definitely a "fun" season/off-season for Zito to figure out.

Maybe he's coming back into last years groove with some goals the past couple of games.
I think if Ekblad can stay healthy, I would prefer him due to his overall game. That being said he needs to show he can somehow avoid these leg injuries later into the season.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He's two years older than Ekblad.

Definitely a "fun" season/off-season for Zito to figure out.

Maybe he's coming back into last years groove with some goals the past couple of games.
I think if Ekblad can stay healthy, I would prefer him due to his overall game. That being said he needs to show he can somehow avoid these leg injuries later into the season.
Literally the only knock on Ekblad is his injury history, but he is not injury prone per se, just had some freak accidents.

Guy is a warrior and the heart and soul of our D, every player to be paired with him except for Soupy when he was a rookie, puts up career years.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Forsling and Ekblad, while being a true #1 pair at 5v5 and on the PK, don't have the offensive chances Montour does and still are comparable there too.

I get the conversation, I know there is the cap, I would love to keep all 3 but like Zito says, we will have to see.

But I don't see any of them getting more than Ekblad currently on a long term deal. Here anyways.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Forsling and Ekblad, while being a true #1 pair at 5v5 and on the PK, don't have the offensive chances Montour does and still are comparable there too.

I get the conversation, I know there is the cap, I would love to keep all 3 but like Zito says, we will have to see.

But I don't see any of them getting more than Ekblad currently on a long term deal. Here anyways.

I'm with you on this. Ekblad in my opinion is better than he gets credit for and has been a defensive stalwart for us for a long while now. Him and Forsling are a great top pairing and very reliable. If I have to choose between Ek and Monty, I'm picking #5 every time.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I'm with you on this. Ekblad in my opinion is better than he gets credit for and has been a defensive stalwart for us for a long while now. Him and Forsling are a great top pairing and very reliable. If I have to choose between Ek and Monty, I'm picking #5 every time.
The issue is that for next season, yes I'd take Ekblad every time. But in terms of who I want for the length of their next contract, that'd probably be Montour.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I am starting to wonder if the game against Ottawa was more of a look ahead game as they look forward to tonight's road. Matchup against Carolina.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
For the above posters who are all in on Ekblad next season, do you prefer him over Reinhart and/or Bobrovsky? Moving either Ekblad or Bobrovsky is pretty much the only way that the team has the money for Reinhart.

Which 2 of the 3 would you recommend Zito keep - Ekblad, Bobrovsky, or Reinhart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad