ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Same Panthers lineup

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Teravainen-Hinostroza-Garbutt
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

x-Tikhonov (healthy), Keith (on IR with a LBI)

Svedberg-Seabrook
Trevor van Riemsdyk-Hjalmarsson
Daley-Runblad

Crawford

Can we not be the fans that blame the refs?

I was torn to shreds for suggesting that Dallas would be better than Chicago, I'm on my way to many I told you so's :laugh:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
(i wouldnt have laughed at you on that prediction, they struggled to make the playoffs last season and they lost sharp, saad, oduya, and versteeg. meanwhile dallas has 2 of the top-10 forwards in the league, nichushkin back, got sharp, have spezza, their d may be a little weak but they also have a solid goalie tandem)

keith out is big. they know todays wasnt the prettiest game and neither was the stars game, or some of the others for that matter, hopefully they come out hungry and determined. we lost to dallas 4-2, who scores all 4? seguin and benn. we lose 3-2 to pittsburgh, who scored all 3? crosby, malkin, kessel. toews and kane should be guarantees to score on us so we'll need at least 2 :laugh:

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
I can't even be mad at the refs. Andrea Ocampo tweeted me :heart:

Oh and Goldie. Apparently Potvin is buying dinner...

That left side D looks sketchy at best. Hawks without Keith is a game we can win.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Calling the penalty on huberdeau after the non-board call in the 1st was b.s

Ok I'll bite. How? A ref missing a penalty 2 hours previously means that a very obvious penalty should be ignored to make it up? It was an idiotic play from Huberdeau that was called correctly.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Ok I'll bite. How? A ref missing a penalty 2 hours previously means that a very obvious penalty should be ignored to make it up? It was an idiotic play from Huberdeau that was called correctly.

To me the issue is rather that they don't call it once but then call it after. No consistency.

Potvin was talking about a cross check from behind into the boards by Letang earlier in the game (I have to admit I did not see it).

If they let stuff go in the beginning, they set the tone for the game. So either call it always or never.

I have to agree though that it was not one of Huberdeau's smartest moments (see also Bjugstad's hooking just prior to it)

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
isnt that like the whole "well he was speeding too officer"? it sucks that they didnt call the one on smith but huberdeau still shouldn't have done that. its not like they weren't gonna call that because of the earlier one, rather they should've just called them both because they were both wrong. may feel unfair, but they should've both been called. its not like he was gonna get a pass on it, although it would've been nice. you shouldn't be cross checking guys in the numbers when theyre facing the boards and head down with less than a minute left in a tie game giving one of the deadliest pp units a long 4-3 pp in ot. thats a death sentence. although mac had 2 fantastic face-off wins in the ot, unfortunately that wasnt enough.

actually, after the smith one, there were 2 straight times where ekblad got physical and shoved the guy into the boards, crowd got worked up and i thought they couldve called that if the refs wanted to, so maybe that was the one they let pass instead?

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Same Panthers lineup
Have to believe Kampfer gets the start in this game. The backend has been missing in action in the O zone. Petro will probably take a seat, but I wouldn't be against them resting one of the old men....Campbell/Mitchell.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Have to believe Kampfer gets the start in this game. The backend has been missing in action in the O zone. Petro will probably take a seat, but I wouldn't be against them resting one of the old men....Campbell/Mitchell.

Eh, dunno bout that. Petrovic and Kulikov have played quite well this year. Going up against a west team that has some size, keeping Petrovic would be the best option. Maybe Petrovic will cause Kane not to fight for pucks around the boards :sarcasm:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
isnt that like the whole "well he was speeding too officer"? it sucks that they didnt call the one on smith but huberdeau still shouldn't have done that. its not like they weren't gonna call that because of the earlier one, rather they should've just called them both because they were both wrong. may feel unfair, but they should've both been called. its not like he was gonna get a pass on it, although it would've been nice. you shouldn't be cross checking guys in the numbers when theyre facing the boards and head down with less than a minute left in a tie game giving one of the deadliest pp units a long 4-3 pp in ot. thats a death sentence. although mac had 2 fantastic face-off wins in the ot, unfortunately that wasnt enough.

actually, after the smith one, there were 2 straight times where ekblad got physical and shoved the guy into the boards, crowd got worked up and i thought they couldve called that if the refs wanted to, so maybe that was the one they let pass instead?
I'd understand the non-call on the Smith hit if the refs didn't see it properly etc., but they were both looking straight at it and decided not to call it.

As austropanther already said, no consistency (and I'm not just talking about Letang vs. Huberdeau hits, Penguins were hooking all night long and those clowns only called 2 penalties on that). The refs set the way they whistle for the night and it's complete BS that they determined who's going to win the game by gifting Pittsburgh a PP right before OT.

Eh, dunno bout that. Petrovic and Kulikov have played quite well this year. Going up against a west team that has some size, keeping Petrovic would be the best option. Maybe Petrovic will cause Kane not to fight for pucks around the boards :sarcasm:
I know he isn't going to sit since he's the captain and all, but Mitchell has been really weak the last few games. He's given up goals from the front of the net in 3 consecutive games, goals where he's just completely lost his man to man coverage and allowed that player to score or screen Lu.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Nothing to do personnel, but deployment. Gallant can't keep giving H-B-J Willie and Guds and expect to have support from the blue line. That pair maybe will put up 20 points between them if all goes well. Ek-Soup and Kuli-Petro need to be getting the lions share of Ozone deployments with the top 6.

H-B-J can consistently pull down defenders to leave the points open, now though those points are dead weight offensively and kill the cycle. We need our best offensive Dmen with our best offensive lines.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I know he isn't going to sit since he's the captain and all, but Mitchell has been really weak the last few games. He's given up goals from the front of the net in 3 consecutive games, goals where he's just completely lost his man to man coverage and allowed that player to score or screen Lu.

Very intriguing idea. Yes, he is the captain but how many seasons longer?

Let's just scratch all our veterans for one game (except Jagr) for "maintenance":sarcasm:

It won't be Kampfer though besides Gudbranson, GG will never put 2 righties together. And Olson will hardly get anothe shot so quickly which I am absolutely fine with

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
The fact that Gallant wasn't allowed to challenge Kessel's goal is bush league. Not to mention all the other calls that went against the Panthers. Refs had a bad game.

Not to mention the call on the goal that was decided after the fact that the goal was never called. This game was definitely decided by poor reffing.

Edit:
Even the NHLPR statement said the review was called by Pitt's coach. If the damn orginal call was no goal, why the hell would Pitt contest it?

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Not to mention the call on the goal that was decided after the fact that the goal was never called. This game was definitely decided by poor reffing.

Edit:
Even the NHLPR statement said the review was called by Pitt's coach. If the damn orginal call was no goal, why the hell would Pitt contest it?

Didn't know that, wow. How can you not critize the refs after a game like this.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Jokinen needs to sit and at least taken off the PK unit right away. He just stands around

GG better not break up that 4th line anymore

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
While I'm beating the drum of Dmen deployment:

Surprise, surprise the stats back it up. We're playing Willie and Guds way too much.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
(i wouldnt have laughed at you on that prediction, they struggled to make the playoffs last season and they lost sharp, saad, oduya, and versteeg. meanwhile dallas has 2 of the top-10 forwards in the league, nichushkin back, got sharp, have spezza, their d may be a little weak but they also have a solid goalie tandem)

keith out is big. they know todays wasnt the prettiest game and neither was the stars game, or some of the others for that matter, hopefully they come out hungry and determined. we lost to dallas 4-2, who scores all 4? seguin and benn. we lose 3-2 to pittsburgh, who scored all 3? crosby, malkin, kessel. toews and kane should be guarantees to score on us so we'll need at least 2 :laugh:

Kessel was terrible. So glad we didn't trade for him.

Seguin and Benn are scoring against everyone!

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Petro has been good. Dropping him makes no sense.

Then if Brickley doesn't play next game, that wouldn't make any sense!

Kulikov has been great, and the points are bound to come with a little puck luck.

Our D will start putting up points soon enough. I might be old fashioned, but I prefer our D to work best preventing goals. I'm more concerned about our 2nd and 3rd lines. Time to mix it up a bit.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Take my word for it, don't underestimate the Blackhawks whether or not they're missing their best defenseman. Last season Patrick Kane got hurt the first game we played them and then they beat us 3-0 the next game.

A problem I've been noticing resides in the fact we have a loser mentality, thinking we only have a good chance of beating a team like the Blackhawks when one of their best players is hurt. We focus too much on who is not playing for a team when we should be focusing on who is. That won't work in the long run. Chicago in particular is notorious for having a young guy come in the clutch when one of the stars goes down.

Also, if anyone thinks Chicago is going to roll over and go 3-4 on the season has not payed attention to hockey in the last 6 years. They've had a week to prepare for Keith's absence. We better be prepared for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad