Pre-Game Talk: Panthers-Flyers 10/12/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Have to play the next game like we got blown out, can't get too high off the win because it's Philly's home opener and they will be out for revenge.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Have to play the next game like we got blown out, can't get too high off the win because it's Philly's home opener and they will be out for revenge.

You would think the vets get the team ready, not too worried about that. Even if Philly comes out stronger I don't know how they can fix that D, it looked terrible.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
You would think the vets get the team ready, not too worried about that. Even if Philly comes out stronger I don't know how they can fix that D, it looked terrible.

Did anyone see Jagr's interview from last night? Everyone else were really pumped about the blowout win but Jagr just said it was just one game, we have to foget about the game and concentrate on the next one. Lemme see if I can find the interview somewhere

edit:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Need to play better than yesterday to even think about winning a close game.

Mason is a damn good goalie and their top end talent can play much better.

Gotta be ready

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Stomp them when they are down. I see bounce back from Simmonds, but that dcore is trash. I want to hear whiney Philly crowd boo home team off the ice after 20. That will put smile on my face.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
it's going to be their first home game, they are yet to win, and we humiliated them, so it's fair to say it's going to be a different Flyers team. They're expected to come out flying to bruise us bad. We better be ready. First goal would be crucial, also to keep composed. They will lose their heads first if it's not going their way and we're frustrating them.

I for one welcome this, we need some rivalries and some teams to start hating us. For once some passion towards our team in the NHL is welcomed.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Things to avoid Monday night VS Flyers:

1) Giving them peco or pico powerplays for tastycakes

2) Succumbing to their offensive pressure & goonery

3) Starting at 7:30p, because the game is at 7:00 aka slow start

Things to accomplish Monday night VS Flyers:

1) Start fast and furious, dictate the pace and control it throughout - Like Saturday

2) Capitalize on chances early, killing the confidence on their netminder - Like Saturday

3) Be dialed in the whole time, focused and not too cocky - Like Saturday

Flyers are still sending out goons who agitate and try to get us to drop 'em first (with no intention of dropping their mits themselves). Gotta be mindful of that. So, Thornton being in the game again might be a good idea. Howden is a great addition to speed/skill teams though. So, I'm not sure what we're gonna see out of them Monday. Probably a speed/skill attack again with tons of pucks on net. They are good at that for sure. Gotta control the play.

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'd guess no lineup changes for this one, then put in Howden and Montoya Tuesday. There is no reason for Thornton to play against Carolina, they're probably the softest team in the league, and Lu doesn't play b2bs

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Tough game for sure coming up tomorrow night. Potvin said it best during last nights broadcast, about how we are likely to see a playoff type atmosphere tomorrow night. Its going to be tough, and the Flyers are going to come out strong, so that first 10 minutes or so is going to be crucial for us. We are a better team, and I expect two points, but leaving with a point is good as well.

And who didnt love Randy on the telecast? His voice is much more soothing than Lindsay, and he really knows his stuff as well. Would honestly like him and Potvin to switch roles.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
And I want to comment on that Boyes opinion on Bjugstad's playmaking abilities. I mean, if you were Bjugstad, would you keep it yourself or pass it Boyes/Upshall/Jokinen etc.? I think instinct would tell him he's the best option to keep the puck and drive the net, than any other one he had playing on this team in the past.
The one time he would pass the puck more was when he had Huberdeau on his line, and what do you know, that line became pretty productive.
I wouldn't pass the puck much either if I was in Bjugstad's shoes. The best option easily, was for him to keep the puck and drive the net, not pass it to Boyes or Upshall or whatever.
Now, he's got to good linemates who are actually a threat offensively, and low and behold, he passed the puck a whole lot last night. What do you know, he can pass and will pass if he doesn't have junk to pass it to.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
We can't go in thinking this game will play out like last night's. We're a victim of this every year it seems. Win big in the 1st game and expect the rest to be handed too us. The difference this year, will be Jagrs experience, IMO.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
And I want to comment on that Boyes opinion on Bjugstad's playmaking abilities. I mean, if you were Bjugstad, would you keep it yourself or pass it Boyes/Upshall/Jokinen etc.? I think instinct would tell him he's the best option to keep the puck and drive the net, than any other one he had playing on this team in the past.
The one time he would pass the puck more was when he had Huberdeau on his line, and what do you know, that line became pretty productive.
I wouldn't pass the puck much either if I was in Bjugstad's shoes. The best option easily, was for him to keep the puck and drive the net, not pass it to Boyes or Upshall or whatever.
Now, he's got to good linemates who are actually a threat offensively, and low and behold, he passed the puck a whole lot last night. What do you know, he can pass and will pass if he doesn't have junk to pass it to.
Much like the comments that were misconstrued as Boyes ripping Florida fans, this doesn't seem like something he'd say. I'd like a link to him saying this.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Tough game for sure coming up tomorrow night. Potvin said it best during last nights broadcast, about how we are likely to see a playoff type atmosphere tomorrow night. Its going to be tough, and the Flyers are going to come out strong, so that first 10 minutes or so is going to be crucial for us. We are a better team, and I expect two points, but leaving with a point is good as well.

And who didnt love Randy on the telecast? His voice is much more soothing than Lindsay, and he really knows his stuff as well. Would honestly like him and Potvin to switch roles.
This I would be fine with, as long as they cut Potvin's mic when ever the puck is dropped all game.
And I still was fine with Billy on the broadcast.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
3) Starting at 7:30p, because the game is at 7:00 aka slow start[/U][/B]
The game is going to start at 7:30 anyway, it's the Flyers first home game.

Besides, NHL games always start at least 10 minutes (if it's a big game on NBC/HNIC, make that 30 minutes) past the announced "start time", always.

I'd guess no lineup changes for this one, then put in Howden and Montoya Tuesday. There is no reason for Thornton to play against Carolina, they're probably the softest team in the league, and Lu doesn't play b2bs
I'd put Howden in for tomorrow, get him going as well.

edit: To clarify, Howden in for Brickley.

Last edited:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Much like the comments that were misconstrued as Boyes ripping Florida fans, this doesn't seem like something he'd say. I'd like a link to him saying this.
I don't know maybe it wasn't Boyes, I can't find the quote/don't feel like looking for it. But the point is it was some second hand info that someone got, about how Bjugstad is not a good playmaker that lead more of a push towards moving Bjugstad to wing.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I'd put Howden in for tomorrow, get him going as well.

edit: To clarify, Howden in for Brickley.

I wouldn't like that, Brickley had a good game and it's clear that Thornton is the weakest link on that line when it comes to making plays. The puck just dies on his stick.

Rather just play Thornton against Philly and switch him with Howden against CAR for more energy on a b2b.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Did anyone see Jagr's interview from last night? Everyone else were really pumped about the blowout win but Jagr just said it was just one game, we have to foget about the game and concentrate on the next one. Lemme see if I can find the interview somewhere

edit:

Seems kinda speechless to me :sarcasm:

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
We can't go in thinking this game will play out like last night's. We're a victim of this every year it seems. Win big in the 1st game and expect the rest to be handed too us. The difference this year, will be Jagrs experience, IMO.

No way 2nd (or any other) will be anything like the first, Flyers will regroup and it will be a close game. I watched other games too (same time) and noticed they had so much more speed & intensity, especially at central division.

Last edited:

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
It will be a big game tomorrow night, can't believe I am saying that right off the bat, but it's rather true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad