GDT: Panthers @ Devils again? It's ok, I have Holy Water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
+1. As long as Barkov is happy and smiling, we're all good. Loving the effort on the road but we need HOME games like this as well.

t2-1435329375.gif

Ekblad kinda looks like Arnie

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Just came back from the movies. 5-1? Seems like the force was with the cats tonight! Could someone give me quick cliffs on how the guys looked?

EstConf96*

Just came back from the movies. 5-1? Seems like the force was with the cats tonight! Could someone give me quick cliffs on how the guys looked?

Jussi turned into sniper. Knight is our faceoff king. Kulikov solid 2 point game. Cubano being solid. Thornton having a breakaway and 3 shoots on goal.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Que all the fb posts questioning why Montoya doesn't start more. Lu made more saves in the 1st vs NYI than Montoya all game :laugh:

Yeah but that's why I'd like to see Montoya start a little bit more just to give Lu a rest. I don't want 50-50 or anything like that but a few more games here and there and if he stinks it up go back to riding Lu.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL

Problem was Thorton hadn't had a shot on goal in so long he forgot how to shoot. One shot he literally just skated the puck into Schneider's pads on the breakaway. His second shot may have been the weakest shot I've ever seen. It looked like he was tossing the puck to a linesman.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Lot's of people on facebook fan club have been lighting candle's for the cats and they've won back to back. They're all sharing pictures and it's hilarious. It was only a matter of time before South Florida began drumming up those Santeria spirits for the win.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I just see that he's a lot more aggressive on the ice, challenging shooters and going post to post.

True though, his team let him down a few times last season.

I think it's the opposite. Didn't the team talk about him not overplaying angles and not reacting aggressively to every shot attempted and letting the puck play him more. Opposite approach of Lou but both styles working for both guys.

Compliments to Gallant and the coaching staff throwing some new PP breakouts in that worked. Well designed and well executed.

See : Jokinen link above

Last edited by a moderator:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
its awesome to see pretty much everyone playing well.

trocheck and smith are doing incredible and scoring.
jokinen has looked better from last season and scoring more goals too.
huberdeau has looked better the last 15 games, although id still like a few more goals here and there.
barkov and jagr are doing their thing.
pirri has actually been looking better imo the past 2 games from what ive noticed.
guys like shaw, knight, brickley, howden, are all playing hard, hustling, playing hard-nosed and competing.

on d ekblad has been incredible and scoring goals.
gudbranson has looked awesome all-around.
olsen has looked great.
kulikov has looked great defensively.
campbell does his thing.
the goaltenders are playing well.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
even when bjugstad and mac are healthy, i don't wanna mess with the current lines as long as we keep playing like this. keep the top-2 together, i think howden and shaw with bjugstad would make for a big hard-nosed line, with knight centering brickley and pirri. nothing against mac but if knight keeps it up then he should stay. but we all know he'll get the brickley treatment and once the vet is healthy then he'll go back. not like I'm completely against that or anything, just seems like the thing that'll happen. I'm happy knight is getting his chance though, i assumed in the offseason that he was going to be the 5th center. brick has been the 13th but then we've had grimaldi, shaw, and wilson all called up before him. was glad to finally have him up and see what he could do and he's doing well so far.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Loved what I saw from gudbranson last night, he played a very solid game (other than his shooting obv which somehow always ends with the puck bounching down behind montoyas net). Those 30 secs when he was just standing on the puck not letting anyone get to it was awesome.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Great win! :handclap: The entire team, more or less, played very well. I'm on the Knight bandwagon right now. Unless Bolland turns up in his AHL stint, I think Knight should be our 3rd C. Great in the faceoffs and has played well. Of course he too have to keep play up. Can't wait untill Mac comes back so we have a proper C on the 4th again. Really liking the look of the current lines right now, so far. Put Brickley in for Thornton and we are set. Though, I thought Thornton actually had one of his better games. At least he wasn't throwing the puck around like it was a piece of hot coal, like he did at Islanders. Some better passing and even shots on goal. :nod:

Just think, Florida is just 7p (potentially 5) behind Montreal. Who would have thought that not too long ago? Talk about Montreal come crashing back down to earth after their superb start to the season.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
Lot's of people on facebook fan club have been lighting candle's for the cats and they've won back to back. They're all sharing pictures and it's hilarious. It was only a matter of time before South Florida began drumming up those Santeria spirits for the win.

Sorry, I don't practice Santeria. I ain't got no crystal ball.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Anyone still think we're trying to trade Pirri? Gets promoted to the 1st and now is putting points.

The Eberle treatment. Eberle did not want to leave EDM, and same can be said it seems for Pirri in FLA:handclap:

Pirri has been playing better since that rumour of him being on the trade block came out.

That was a great move by Tallon and co to jumpstart him. I wish the same was tried with Booth because he deserved one last chance before the sudden early trade in season.

According to the Devils announcer Huberdeau was touted more as a goal scorer. Good one.

The Devils announcers GUSH over Huberdeau. The Islanders announcers GUSH over Tro. Everyone has their favs in this world :heart::tinker::heart:

Smith is a million times better than Hayes and that was a Hayes type goal.

No doubt. Did you see how he posted up on Schlemko I believe it was in front of the net. That's a MANS MOVE ! (In Ian Eagle voice):laugh:
Peace out Hayes.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
That was a great move by Tallon and co to jumpstart him. I wish the same was tried with Booth because he deserved one last chance before the sudden early trade in season.

Have to disagree with you here. That deal was brilliant. Got rid of a terrible contract for expirings. Booth was done after the b2b concussions. It sucks because he was a fan favorite, but holding on to booth until the end of that season would have ended up with us being stuck with him up until 2 years ago.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
its awesome to see pretty much everyone playing well.

trocheck and smith are doing incredible and scoring.
jokinen has looked better from last season and scoring more goals too.
huberdeau has looked better the last 15 games, although id still like a few more goals here and there.
barkov and jagr are doing their thing.
pirri has actually been looking better imo the past 2 games from what ive noticed.
guys like shaw, knight, brickley, howden, are all playing hard, hustling, playing hard-nosed and competing.

on d ekblad has been incredible and scoring goals.
gudbranson has looked awesome all-around.
olsen has looked great.
kulikov has looked great defensively.
campbell does his thing.
the goaltenders are playing well.

So with pretty much everyone playing well, this team is only tie for the last spot of the playoffs. That's pretty sad.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
So with pretty much everyone playing well, this team is only tie for the last spot of the playoffs. That's pretty sad.

Well, it's not like they been playing like this from the start.

We are 7-3 in our last 10 games. And I think we are 8-3 in the last 11(IIRC).

So the team has been trending up.

Pretty sure most expected this team to compete for one of the wildcard spots, so it's not disappointing that we are tied for 8th.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014

Yeah, we haven't had any injuries right? :laugh:

We've been dealing with what Columbus had last year (minus a starting goalie injury) and are we in last? Team has won 9 of 11 and climbing, you'd hate to enjoy it wouldn't you?

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Well, it's not like they been playing like this from the start.

We are 7-3 in our last 10 games. And I think we are 8-3 in the last 11(IIRC).

So the team has been trending up.

Pretty sure most expected this team to compete for one of the wildcard spots, so it's not disappointing that we are tied for 8th.

I will take it

Played really well last night and against the Caps.

There were some games we didnt play well but eventually which is also good but then there were games like against Boston where there was no team on the ice at all.

If we can minimize those games we played vs Boston, we should be alright going forward

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Have to disagree with you here. That deal was brilliant. Got rid of a terrible contract for expirings. Booth was done after the b2b concussions. It sucks because he was a fan favorite, but holding on to booth until the end of that season would have ended up with us being stuck with him up until 2 years ago.

And I don't disagree there. I get the timing in hindsight, but not in that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad