GDT: Panthers at Flames: Why do they hate us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
We need to get Smith-Bjugstad together. Pirri needs to sit. I'd rather see Thornton out there. He might even be faster

Call up Harper or Rau

Harper/Rau-Bjugstad-Smith
Jokinen-Trocheck-Shaw
Howden-MacK-Knight

Tallon needs to work some magic and trade Pirri + pick/prospect for even a rental for top 6

I say:

Obvious line
Jokinen-Trocheck-Smith
Pirri-Bjugstad-Harper
Howden-MacKenzie-Shaw

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I say:

Obvious line
Jokinen-Trocheck-Smith
Pirri-Bjugstad-Harper
Howden-MacKenzie-Shaw

Pirri just doesn't work with anyone. He's pretty much useless 5 on 5. We need to upgrade him

JokTroSmith line aint really clicking anymore either

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
OK I never got an anwser earlier, and I still haven't even made it through the 1st period (just so bad to watch!)

Flames announcers on the radio said Pirri was our 2nd best player vs CAL (behind Barkov). Thoughts about this statement?

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
he just needs to work on his acceleration... he looks like his feet are in quick sand when hes trying to get back.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
OK I never got an anwser earlier, and I still haven't even made it through the 1st period (just so bad to watch!)

Flames announcers on the radio said Pirri was our 2nd best player vs CAL (behind Barkov). Thoughts about this statement?

Pirri needs to improve, but I wouldn't say he is been useless.
Take the board comments with a grain of salt... Two years ago we were trading Barkov and Kuli, last year the board was tired of Guddy, I think this year it is Pirri (besides Bolland, but he is not playing anymore).

As far as the CAL game, everyone played bad... Didn't particularly notice Pirri doing anything to stand out. He does seem to be putting forth more effort, but still is easily pushed off the puck and his board game needs some serious improvement, IMO.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Pirri just doesn't work with anyone. He's pretty much useless 5 on 5. We need to upgrade him

JokTroSmith line aint really clicking anymore either

He needs a distributor (among other things) which is why I think Harper can work with him. Harper is a Jokinen-esque player

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
Take the board comments with a grain of salt... Two years ago we were trading Barkov and Kuli, last year the board was tired of Guddy, I think this year it is Pirri (besides Bolland, but he is not playing anymore).

As far as the CAL game, everyone played bad... Didn't particularly notice Pirri doing anything to stand out. He does seem to be putting forth more effort, but still is easily pushed off the puck and his board game needs some serious improvement, IMO.

This and his skating. If he improves in those areas his game will elevate.

Also he needs to picks his shots a bit better as he tends to shoot wide or straight into someones shin pads, but I'd rather have at least someone on the team that thinks shoot first pass later.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

As I said on another thread, if it was down to this board, all of our players would have been traded!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
He needs a distributor (among other things) which is why I think Harper can work with him. Harper is a Jokinen-esque player

Then I see no reason why not to try Harper with Pirri and Bjugstad

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Then I see no reason why not to try Harper with Pirri and Bjugstad

Agreed. I think Shaw is the odd man out on the 3rd line...only place he makes sense is the 4th line or a line with a passer.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
They sure did. OMG, haven't scored for one game, it is not working!

My GDT didnt get us a win for the first time. Are you going to blow me up too?

giphy.gif

I dont wanna be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad