Rumor: Panarin only wants to play in NYC, LA or CHI

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Man, why are all Russians so difficult to deal with. Just be like Tarrassenko and play for your team while being a good team player...
Panarin did that with Chicago, then they traded him and he wants to go back. Seems like loyalty to me.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
What’s so funny? Why would LA, who just signed Kovalchuk, trade their top C prospect for a guy they can sign in free agency in a year?

Well, they would have competition for his services. I might agree more if he said he only wants to play in LA

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Your assessment of a PPG player's value is laughable.

No team is going to pay top dollar for a guy who won’t be on their team more than one year.

And the Kings will not trade Vilardi for Panarin when they can sign him next summer. Carter and Kopitar are 33 and 30 and LA will need a replacement sooner rather than later. Having Panarin and Kovalchuk won’t mean anything if they don’t have quality centers to compete with.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well, they would have competition for his services. I might agree more if he said he only wants to play in LA

They will have very limited competition, and will likely be the most competitive team of the options

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't believe this because Vegas is not on that list and that makes no sense, because A Vegas is really good, B it's Vegas you want to play in Vegas you know you do.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Perhaps the point in specifying those three locations was to narrow down which teams he would be willing to sign an extention with right away? Info is paywalled... no idea what the details are.

bobbydigital

Aug 18, 2016
Chicago
No team is going to pay top dollar for a guy who won’t be on their team more than one year.

And the Kings will not trade Vilardi for Panarin when they can sign him next summer. Carter and Kopitar are 33 and 30 and LA will need a replacement sooner rather than later. Having Panarin and Kovalchuk won’t mean anything if they don’t have quality centers to compete with.
Carter and Kopitar's age is even more of a reason to bring in Panarin. LA's time to win is now, while their core is still productive.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Carter and Kopitar's age is even more of a reason to bring in Panarin. LA's time to win is now, while their core is still productive.

Not at the expense of their future 1C.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Portzline is awful. He throws random stuff at the wall and hope it sticks, like implying Dubinsky had a substance abuse issue this past season.

He hasn't had an ear in the organization for the last 5-6 years at least. As much as I respect the Athletic, I give no credence to Aaron Portzline's commentary. Ever.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Well there you have it. I mean, I like Panarin, but this is rather bratty. Then again, at least he's being forthright with the Jackets so they have time to trade him for assets. I guess this time next year he'll have earned the right to work in the market of his choice, but this hurts Columbus quite a bit.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I couldn't care less if LA traded Vilardi for Panarin. I'm just saying Panarin would absolutely return Vilardi in any trade.

No that’s the whole point. LA won’t trade Vilardi for Panarin, therefore Panarin would not return Vilardi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad