Rumor: Panarin only wants to play in NYC, LA or CHI

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
I know the penguins rode diving two there last two cups. Glad Wash won playing a more physical less intentional diving.
Yes diving won them cups......that no talent, no good team.....i mean they have, up for debate, the best player in hockey (Sid) along with Kessel, Malkin, Letang etc. etc. Nothing to do with talent what so ever...if diving wins cups the Leafs would have been trying that since 67.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Why would any of these teams (LA, CHI, NYI, NYR... and NJD) trade for him? 2 or 3 of them likely won't have the cap space (to land him and then re-sign him) unless they are trading one of their own big contracts... not sure how they are going to do that unless they are giving up a very good player (Kane Toews, Doughty, Kopitar, etc)... so why would they do that?

The other 2 are going head to head for the same player as a UFA.. why would they give up any assets when it is 50/50 they land the player as a UFA??

Panarin is the typical Russian player... most are motivated by money vs. team success, they are shrewd (can be viewed as greedy) negotiators, they get "moody" when things are not going their way on their current team, they strongly prefer big city markets, they are a higher risk to move back to their home country to play in the KHL... even mid-contract. For these reasons, I am against the Oilers using high draft picks or blue-chip assets going after any Russian players.

Some might view the fore-mentioned statement as being negative towards Russians... I will agree a couple points are, but I would suggest it is more so realism. I understand it is a very stereotypical statement and does not agree with all Russian players.

I also understand that some of the above statements can be applied to some Americans, Canadians, etc... but I would say it is more evident with Russian players.
Ya and those greedy Jewish players and those thug black players right? Oh is it only okay to say this BS about Russians? Dont generalize it's not a good look.

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Jackets lack great offensive talent, and the coach has a spotty past when it comes to player dealings. They aren't even close to being cup contenders. Don't blame him for wanting out.

That said, I find it odd that he'd prefer to sign with a NY team. They lack offensive depth like CBJ. Unless of course, location is more important than winning.

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Jackets lack great offensive talent, and the coach has a spotty past when it comes to player dealings. They aren't even close to being cup contenders. Don't blame him for wanting out.
Yes as opposed to the NYR, NYI, and Florida who are oh so close.

If he wants to win the Cup, he's looking at different teams. Here, he just maybe cares about the lifestyle.

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Don’t sleep on teams.
I'm not.

It's not like Florida is suddenly super close or closer than the Jackets. It'd be a lateral move. Panarin is good, but he's not good enough to take a team that barely missed the playoffs all the way to the Cup.

Also if winning the Cup was his priority, New York wouldn't be on there. The Rangers are rebuilding. The Islanders may lose Tavares and are rebuilding.

If Panarin were leaving to win the cup, his list would be as follows:
Washington
Tampa Bay
Vegas
Nashville

And maybe Toronto/Boston/San Jose/Pittsburgh

Last edited:
Reactions: shadowsonic1998

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I'd love Panarin on the Kings and depending on what they're looking for we could offer a winger of similar age and a veteran defenseman to help CBJs stay playoff bound while the Kings add much needed firepower..

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I mean the jackets are one year removed from one of the nhls best records, and lost to eventual cup champs in the last couple of years...its not like they're that far off comparably...a top 6 C would change things dramatically...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I mean the jackets are one year removed from one of the nhls best records, and lost to eventual cup champs in the last couple of years...its not like they're that far off comparably...a top 6 C would change things dramatically...
That's where team management is at. They think they're closer than it appears on paper because of who they ran into the first round of the playoffs the past 2 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad