Eklund Rumor: Pacioretty to Dallas

Jan 21, 2018
Shore may get offered a lot in proposals from Stars fans, but he is expandable with the likes of Dickenson, Hintz, Guryanov, Nichushkin fighting for a top 9 winger spot next season. That and he holds some value, being a young, very versatile top 9 forward, capable of 40/50 points.

Ah typical HFboards logic. Let me trade my player who has to fight for a top 9 spot as the centerpiece for a proven commodity.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
He is much better than Danault and is an excellent two way center, but he is unavailable so you guys would have to look elsewhere. He is more important to our team than Pacioretty would ever be

Lol sure he is. Keep him then, we don't need another #3C.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Quoted this bad boy just for when he is actually moved.

Young top 6/9 player + potential first + B prospect is what Montreal should be happy with.

So Ryder + Halak + 2nd pick that can turn into a 1st if you end up 1st or 2nd place out of 31

Reactions: Kcoyote3

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Would rather pay a shit ton for Galchenyuk than pay a high price for Patch personally.
I can't see Dallas offering more than a 1st (Conditional likely) Shore and Some b prospect (Guryanaov, Bay, etc) for Pacioretty. Especially with his struggles this season

Reactions: Peanut and Kcb12345

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

No one offered him for Patches
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Faksa will be our 2nd C after Spezza's contract ends. Actually, Faksa pretty much is our 2nd C right now, but you get the point.

I can see why some people don't want Shore as his stats don't look special. He could turn into a very useful top 6 forward, but that could be said about alot of players lol

Dickinson or Hintz would be a better choice for Montreal. Maybe even Nichuskin. I could see Dickinson and a conditional first and something else from Dallas like Ritchie for salary

Reactions: Kcb12345

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe they won,t trade him this year but next year there is a very high chance that Pacioretty is gone at some point. Otherwise MB is the worst GM in all sports history. You don't build your future by signing your vets to long term lucrative contracts, unless they are franchise players, and Pacioretty isn't.
Montreal will sign Pacioretty to an extension instead of trading him for players they don't really value.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Yikes someone who has no clue who Faksa is and just saw him listed in the Stars lineup is trying to judge his value...most people know Radek Faksa will be a legit #2C at this level. It's pretty obvious and he is already playing like one and is one of the brightest young defensive/2-way forwards in the NHL.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Pacioretty + Plekanec 50% retained for Shore + 1st + 2nd?

Too much from Dallas?

Horrible. Wouldn’t even entertain that for Pacioretty alone

No need or room for Plekanec.

I think there’s a consensus on Shore + 1st/2nd around here. Shore may get offered a lot in proposals from Stars fans, but he is expandable with the likes of Dickenson, Hintz, Guryanov, Nichushkin fighting for a top 9 winger spot next season. That and he holds some value, being a young, very versatile top 9 forward, capable of 40/50 points.

Pacioretty and Spezza could mesh well together.

Yeah... NO! The only side where there’s a consensus Shore is a main piece for Pacioretty is from Dallas.

Would rather pay a **** ton for Galchenyuk than pay a high price for Patch personally.
I can't see Dallas offering more than a 1st (Conditional likely) Shore and Some b prospect (Guryanaov, Bay, etc) for Pacioretty. Especially with his struggles this season

I can’t see Montreal not laughing at this package. Horrible.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Would rather pay a **** ton for Galchenyuk than pay a high price for Patch personally.

As a Hab fan, I'd rather you do this as well. Pacioretty at his worst is better than Galchenyuk at his best, but if you prefer the inferior player, so be it.

You do realize Pacioretty leads the team in scoring despite his struggles right?

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
As a Hab fan, I'd rather you do this as well. Pacioretty at his worst is better than Galchenyuk at his best, but if you prefer the inferior player, so be it.

You do realize that Pacioretty leads the team in scoring despite his struggles right?

Yes i do realize that historically Pac>Gal, butI also realize that a 29yr old declining hard winger is not as valuable as a 23yr who has been mismanaged and continuing to get better.
I also know that despite how "great" you people are trying to make Pacioretty sound, despite his struggles, he's outscoring Devin Shore by 8 whole points (with the same amount of PK and roughly half the pp time of Pac, and 4 mins overall less ice time),
and considering he's bounced around every line the stars have and has struggled quite a bit himself this season That's not that impressive.
As for the bold statement 3 points separate the 29yr old declining winger from the 23yr od who's continuing to grow yet a "inferior" player, and that 23yr old also gets less playing time by about 4mins. Then you have the fact that Galchenyuk is signed longer and fits in better with the makeup of the team.

Yeah I'd take Galchenyuk Over Pac, and as i stated earlier the most I'd give up for Pac is shore, conditional 1st, b prospect. He's going to be looking for 7-8+mil on his next contract.
Dallas would be wasting assets for a 100 or so regular season game NHL rental. Going above Shore, 1st, b prospect for that is nonsense. hell that is probably too much even

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

You do realize Pacioretty leads the team in scoring despite his struggles right?

I'd take Galchenyuk too over Pacioretty in a heartbeat. A young 23 year old who can play as a winger on our 2nd/first line (depending on how the lines are setup) and already has a 20 and 30 goal season on his resume to go along with what's probably going to be his 4th straight 40+ point season. Heck yeah I want him and would certainly pay more for him. I have always liked his game and with the right teammates he could easily be a 50-60+ point guy and 20-30+ goals a season guy. Galchenyuk with Seguin as his center or even Spezza would be a beast and could easily slide in our top 6.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Yes i do realize that historically Pac>Gal, butI also realize that a 29yr old declining hard winger is not as valuable as a 23yr who has been mismanaged and continuing to get better.
I also know that despite how "great" you people are trying to make Pacioretty sound, despite his struggles, he's outscoring Devin Shore by 8 whole points (with the same amount of PK and roughly half the pp time of Pac, and 4 mins overall less ice time),
and considering he's bounced around every line the stars have and has struggled quite a bit himself this season That's not that impressive.
As for the bold statement 3 points separate the 29yr old declining winger from the 23yr od who's continuing to grow yet a "inferior" player, and that 23yr old also gets less playing time by about 4mins. Then you have the fact that Galchenyuk is signed longer and fits in better with the makeup of the team.

Yeah I'd take Galchenyuk Over Pac, and as i stated earlier the most I'd give up for Pac is shore, conditional 1st, b prospect. He's going to be looking for 7-8+mil on his next contract.
Dallas would be wasting assets for a 100 or so regular season game NHL rental. Going above Shore, 1st, b prospect for that is nonsense. hell that is probably too much even

Pacioretty is the Habs best forward and has been for the last 7 years (yes, that includes last year when Radulov was on the team). I'm not trying to push him on you or convince you of anything. If he doesn't work fit-wise or contract-wise, I get it. I'm much more interested to hear what you would be willing to offer for Galchenyuk (assuming it's more than Shore, 1st, prospect).

Just a word of caution with Galchenyuk though: not the kind of player you really want to go to war with in the playoffs. The guy is arguably the worst defensive forward in the league; rarely wins a 50-50 puck battle, can't forecheck, is easily fooled by deception, can't PK or be trusted to be on the ice in the last minutes of a close game. He's a mediocre 2nd line winger, a clear step down in every facet of the game than Pacioretty.

What is your offer?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pacioretty is the Habs best forward and has been for the last 7 years (yes, that includes last year when Radulov was on the team). I'm not trying to push him on you or convince you of anything. If he doesn't work fit-wise or contract-wise, I get it. I'm much more interested to hear what you would be willing to offer for Galchenyuk (assuming it's more than Shore, 1st, prospect).

Just a word of caution with Galchenyuk though: not the kind of player you really want to go to war with in the playoffs. The guy is arguably the worst defensive forward in the league; rarely wins a 50-50 puck battle, can't forecheck, is easily fooled by deception, can't PK or be trusted to be on the ice in the last minutes of a close game. He's a mediocre 2nd line winger, a clear step down in every facet of the game than Pacioretty.

What is your offer?

I'd offer Honka+...What would you guys want as the plus though is the question. I know you need a young center but unfortunately Dallas doesn't have any that are really standing out as potential top line centers (Dickinson is good, but likely not what you guys want + Nill said he is part of Dallas' long term plans). Maybe a draft pick, Gurianov, Tufte, Shore, Ritchie, or someone else? Wouldn't be a HUGE plus, but we would definitely need to add. Honka is only 22 and could replace Sergachev, and given more ice time he could strive (Hitch doesn't play him enough, but he is an amazing skater and transition guy who can make very crisp passes and has a really hard shot. Can quarterback a powerplay). It's tough to give up Honka because it is very clear his confidence is growing but I'd be willing to in the right deal for a young player

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I'd offer Honka+...What would you guys want as the plus though is the question. I know you need a young center but unfortunately Dallas doesn't have any that are really standing out as potential top line centers (Dickinson is good, but likely not what you guys want + Nill said he is part of Dallas' long term plans). Maybe a draft pick, Gurianov, Tufte, Shore, Ritchie, or someone else? Wouldn't be a HUGE plus, but we would definitely need to add. Honka is only 22 and could replace Sergachev, and given more ice time he could strive (Hitch doesn't play him enough, but he is an amazing skater and transition guy who can make very crisp passes and has a really hard shot. Can quarterback a powerplay). It's tough to give up Honka because it is very clear his confidence is growing but I'd be willing to in the right deal for a young player

Hmm...interesting. I do think Honka is a better piece than Shore to build an offer around so maybe a Galchenyuk trade is a better fit for both teams. The unfortunate thing with Honka is that he's RD, which is really the one position the Habs don't need. I'm not too familiar with the Stars' prospect pool, but Gurianov or Hintz might be of interest. Not sure if there is a deal to be made, but I think Dallas could put together a compelling deal for Galchenyuk. A deal around Honka might also give the Habs flexibility to deal an RD (say Petry) for more futures if they really want to rebuild.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

The struggle of leading his team in goals and points?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hmm...interesting. I do think Honka is a better piece than Shore to build an offer around so maybe a Galchenyuk trade is a better fit for both teams. The unfortunate thing with Honka is that he's RD, which is really the one position the Habs don't need. I'm not too familiar with the Stars' prospect pool, but Gurianov or Hintz might be of interest. Not sure if there is a deal to be made, but I think Dallas could put together a compelling deal for Galchenyuk. A deal around Honka might also give the Habs flexibility to deal an RD (say Petry) for more futures if they really want to rebuild.

Would be fine with giving up Gurianov, but Hintz is a player I'd like to see get a NHL chance first before we deal him. He could end up being a good top 6 winger for us. As could Gurianov but I'm not sure when he would get his chance and it's probably better to deal him away as part of a package for a better player. Also, that's what I was thinking. Habs deal Petry for draft picks/more prospects and get younger in the process by adding a solid replacement in Honka. Definitely a deal could be made around these players but Dallas would likely go after Pacioretty to get a more experienced player with more veteran leadership for the playoffs. But personally as a fan I'd want Galchenyuk so we at least have a good future piece so it doesn't hit as hard if we miss the playoffs or get out early this year. Pacioretty isn't a guy we would resign unless he was just outstanding here

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Fyi...for OP Eklund is almost never right unless its been reported by I real reporter..fun though we are all fiening for a trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad