Pacific Division Predictions

Where will the Kings finish in the Pacific Division?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Flames are too inconsistent, Sharks are old and lost scoring in Marleau, Ducks are going to start the season with a bunch of key injuries, and we've yet to see if last year was just a fluke for Edmonton. I'm gonna be optimistic and say we finish 2nd.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Out of the Ducks, Flames & Sharks, at least two of them will under perform.

1. Oilers
2. Ducks
3. Kings
4. Flames
5. Sharks
6. Coyotes
7. Canucks
8. Golden Knights

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I think we fight the flames for third and both make the playoffs , the ducks defense is hurting plus Getz and perry are in decline , depending on how long before their healthy if they breeze into playoffs like most think

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
I will deny this later but I think the Kings are the second wild card and play the Ducks in the first round.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Along with the injuries to their backend, Kesler is a big loss for the Ducks. Potentially out until around Christmas/New Year's.

I think the Oilers run away with the Pacific. Getting Sekera back will be key for them as he currently is out until the new year, I believe.

Sharks are declining and I don't think they sniff the playoffs this year.

Flames defence is solid, no doubt. Question is how Smith performs between the pipes.

Arizona has some real good young kids. Looking forward to seeing Keller. Their defence is pretty good as well.

I think LA grabbing the 3rd spot is attainable.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Thank goodness there a several awful teams in the division. I say fourth and wild card for the Kings, but third is possible, as is fifth and out of the playoffs.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think we fight the flames for third and both make the playoffs

That's my thought as well, except it will be a dogfight for the WC spot with the Yotes and Sharks as well as us. But I think SJ takes a slight tumble this year.

1. Ducks
2. Oilers
3. Flames
4. Kings
5. Coyotes
6. Sharks
7. Canucks
8. Golden Knights

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
4th just miss the playoffs.

I think some people are underrating the Sharks/Flames/Ducks. The Yotes could always surprise too, they have a lot of young talented players. Sharks have made the playoffs 12 of the last 13 seasons.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm going with 3rd. I think overall we're better than the Flames, especially in goal.Their defense will be good, but I don't see Smith being the factor that takes them to another level.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
That hindsight, ouch Vegas. We basically had 3rd until the last game. Flames and Oilers, yikes.

Playing the Ducks the first round probably would have been our best chance this playoffs. Two teams with equally absent offense, could have been anyone's series, unlike Vegas's relentless puck pressure.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
That hindsight, ouch Vegas. We basically had 3rd until the last game. Flames and Oilers, yikes.

Playing the Ducks the first round probably would have been our best chance this playoffs. Two teams with equally absent offense, could have been anyone's series, unlike Vegas's relentless puck pressure.

Vegas offense was absent as well.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
What's that average out to on a goal-per-game basis?

It is hindsight to say the Ducks were the best chance as most of us expected Muzzin in for Game 1.

Regardless of being swept, I still prefer how the Kings match up to the Vegas roster with Muzzin in and the expectation that Carter wouldn't devolve into whatever he was in the series. Of course, most of us expected Muzzin to start the series and that Carter wasn't going to be that bad.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think the Oilers will be back in a big way next season. Let's see what the off season brings.

We obviously all missed on Vegas. Several people were pretty close in predicting the Kings place in the standings.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
My prediciton:

1. Oilers
2. Ducks
3. Flames
4. Sharks
5. Kings
6. Coyotes
7. Canucks
8. Golden Knights

You heard it here first guys.... the Oilers will miss the PO's again!!!

1. Sharks... I think they resign EK and likely get Tavares
2. Kings... I think we get much needed reinforcements(Vilardi, Voynov, UFA...something)
3. Knights.. I think they add mega talent with their assets.
4. Ducks... they always seems to land here but they suck azz in the PO's
5. Flames... something about that team seems broken/off
6. Oilers... They'll be just as bad next season
7. Coyotes... hope they get Dahlin, just to see him paired with OEL
8. Canucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad