Confirmed with Link: Paajarvi and the Blues agree on a two-year extension, AAV 1.2 million

Deko

Jul 14, 2011
Helsinki
@andystrickland 18m
The #stlblues have reached an agreement on a contract extension with Magnus Paavarvi

Still waiting for details. I'm guessing two years and 3.2 million.

EDIT1.

@jprutherford 1m
#stlblues have agreed to terms with Magnus Paajarvi on a two-year extension. Dollars not yet known.

EDIT2.

@jprutherford 12m
Paajarvi's AAV is $1.2 million for two years.

That is a pretty good deal. Good job by Armstrong again.

Last edited:

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
I still just want Pietrangelo signed lol. All the other signings are just kind of blah until he's signed for me.

It's a pretty decent contract can't really complain about it at all.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Extremely cheap. We were once paying BJ Crombeen almost the same amount.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Very nice contract. He has an extremely good chance to out perform that deal

jarmoismyhero

Mar 18, 2012
St. Louis
So the cap savings did turn out to be bigger than I thought it would be (by just a bit, thought he would get about 1.75).

Now give Petro at least 5 years and call it an offseason. And if AP wants a short term deal I don’t give him a cent over 5.5 million and tell him to go find an offersheat if he don't want to sign 5.5.

This still leaves team with wiggle room to make a deadline move.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
My prediction is he will out perform Perron this year in goals and assists and by Jan 2014 you guys will be loving the trade

I think MPS will out-perform his own historical production, but I expect Perron to have a big year. I think both teams will be happy with the trade. But when looked back on in 5 years, its going to look in favor of the Blues (especially if they get a nice player with that 2nd).

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
So the cap savings did turn out to be bigger than I thought it would be (by just a bit, thought he would get about 1.75).

Now give Petro at least 5 years and call it an offseason. And if AP wants a short term deal I don’t give him a cent over 5.5 million and tell him to go find an offersheat if he don't want to sign 5.5.

This still leaves team with wiggle room to make a deadline move.

WHAT?! NO! We give him whatever he ******* wants!

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I can't believe people actually thought we were only saving 1 mil with the trade. It was pretty obvious that PRV wasn't going to get a shade over 1.5, and at 1.2 we saved 2.5 mil with the trade. Good signing.

FilthyNote*

Conspiracy theory time...

Blues announce big JBo signing, then Paajarvi and were still waiting on Petro.

Keeping us Blues fans minds busy so we dont think about that #1 C that we still very badly need?

jarmoismyhero

Mar 18, 2012
St. Louis
WHAT?! NO! We give him whatever he ******* wants!

Not if he is wanting a short term deal you don't...If he wants big money then he signs for big years...If he only wants 2 or 3 year deal than the Blues better say 5.5 and that's it...We cant start throwing around 6.5-7 if its 6-8 years.

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
Not if he is wanting a short term deal you don't...If he wants big money then he signs for big years...If he only wants 2 or 3 year deal than the Blues better say 5.5 and that's it...We cant start throwing around 6.5-7 if its 6-8 years.

RFA Compensation:
$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

Is that where you are drawing the line in the sand for a franchise defenseman? A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? We could call up any GM in the NHL and get just about anyone we want, straight up. You're ok with 1st round pick and a bag of pucks?

jarmoismyhero

Mar 18, 2012
St. Louis
RFA Compensation:
$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

Is that where you are drawing the line in the sand for a franchise defenseman? A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? We could call up any GM in the NHL and get just about anyone we want, straight up. You're ok with 1st round pick and a bag of pucks?

Did I ever say they don't match the offersheat? They match whatever OS he gets an obviously there is not one out there that he is satisfied with.

I have said before that I wish he would have signed a 7 year OS for about 6.5-7 million.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Keeping us Blues fans minds busy so we dont think about that #1 C that we still very badly need?

I don't think the Blues are timing their signings in order to distract the fanbase, haha. Plus, I didn't think the Blues fans were thinking about the #1 C problem anymore with the Roy signing (this doesn't mean that Roy is a #1 C, but as fans we know that the Blues made their move already, and Roy is it, like it or not).

The real problem is next year with the #1 C, not this year (anymore).

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

We signed Derek Roy to be our #1 center.
IF he rebounds, he's a 60+ point guy and we probably re-sign him.
If he doesn't, it's a 1 year deal and we chase Stastny next year.

JBO and MPS have no bearing on the center situation.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I really don't know why people think the Pietro contract is likely to be short term. Anyway, Armstrong's off-season plan has come together beautifully, despite missing out on his first couple options at Center (and going with Roy). The salary structure makes sense. All the team's holes have been addressed (although you can argue about how well Roy will fit there....but its a 1 year deal so, hard to complain given what other options were left).

There are a few ways the Pietro contract could be shaped. I can see why this negotiation is taking more time....but that makes me think its also more likely that we're looking at a longer term deal, too.

I'm looking forward to this season more than any season I can remember. I think the Blues are a legit contender this year, at least during the regular season. It remains to be seen whether they have the chops to have post-season success, but the team is built to contend.

jarmoismyhero

Mar 18, 2012
St. Louis
I really don't know why people think the Pietro contract is likely to be short term. Anyway, Armstrong's off-season plan has come together beautifully, despite missing out on his first couple options at Center (and going with Roy). The salary structure makes sense. All the team's holes have been addressed (although you can argue about how well Roy will fit there....but its a 1 year deal so, hard to complain given what other options were left).

There are a few ways the Pietro contract could be shaped. I can see why this negotiation is taking more time....but that makes me think its also more likely that we're looking at a longer term deal, too.

I'm looking forward to this season more than any season I can remember. I think the Blues are a legit contender this year, at least during the regular season. It remains to be seen whether they have the chops to have post-season success, but the team is built to contend.

I was probably the most pissed off fan in the immediate aftermath of the Roy signing for a lot of reasons however if he can get Petro signed for minimum of 6 years than he will have performed masterfully this offseason.

I was not a mad as some with the Stewart signing I just came to grip with the fact he is most likely going to be traded within the time span of the contract. I actually really liked the Perron trade and think MSP is going to fit in great with this Blues team and if he lives up to his potential he could blow Perron out of the water. Locking up Shatty and Jaybo to the deals he did was amazing, same with MSP. Just needs to go longterm with Petro and this will be the best offseason the Blues have had that I can remember.

SwedenCanada

Sep 22, 2011
Sweden
I always liked Magnus when I saw him in the SEL(SHL). He worked hard, always seemed happy and was a great talent. I think and hope he'll fit right in with you guys.

For some reason I never saw him as a bust, I knew he would make it back to the NHL. I was more worried about Silfverberg and Järnkrok even though they were the bigger talents, for some reason I always thought and still believe that Magnus will turn out great. After following many young talents in the SEL, Magnus has been one of my favorites both now and then. His raw talent and work ethics reminded me of Forsberg and still does. This guy has potential.

Good luck both to your team and Magnus!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad