Music: Ozzy Osbourne cancels tours and retires from live shows

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Osbourne postponed his 2019 tour to recover from the initial spinal injury and said Wednesday, when he canceled the tour, that he was “honestly humbled by the way you’ve all patiently held onto your tickets for all this time.”

His farewell European and UK tour was set to begin in Helsinki, Finland in May.

The heavy metal legend has suffered a series of health setbacks in recent years, revealing his Parkinson’s diagnosis in January 2020, contracting Covid-19 in April 2022 and undergoing surgery two months later.

Osbourne’s team, he added in the statement, is “currently coming up with ideas for where I will be able to perform without having to travel from city to city and country to country.”

He ended the statement by thanking his family, band, crew, longtime friends, Judas Priest and his fans “for their endless dedication, loyalty, and support, and for giving me the life that I never ever dreamed I would have.”

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
:cry:

I've seen him 30x if not more, and this is still not easy to accept. He's earned it, no question, but from all he's ever said he wants to do it until the day he dies. If he ends up doing a couple destination performances, a residency, or anything like that, I will be there. I'd love to bring my son to see him; he's 8 and was way too young to go the last time Ozzy was on tour.

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Glad I got to see him not long ago but you could see this coming. He was struggling mightily to throw buckets of water on the crowd at the time.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
The Prince of Darkness will be missed. Be well Ozzy and thanks for the memories :cool::clap:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
:cry:

I've seen him 30x if not more, and this is still not easy to accept. He's earned it, no question, but from all he's ever said he wants to do it until the day he dies. If he ends up doing a couple destination performances, a residency, or anything like that, I will be there. I'd love to bring my son to see him; he's 8 and was way too young to go the last time Ozzy was on tour.
I was wondering that, with the comment from his people could a residency in Vegas or somewhere in Europe be in the cards?

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I regret not seeing him when I could. I had tix 4 years ago or so when he cancelled. Soon all the original rock guys will all be gone, just like the jazz legends.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I regret not seeing him when I could. I had tix 4 years ago or so when he cancelled. Soon all the original rock guys will all be gone, just like the jazz legends.
Led Zeppelin cancelled their last 2 appearances in Chicago. That is the biggest band that I missed and never got to see live

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I was wondering that, with the comment from his people could a residency in Vegas or somewhere in Europe be in the cards?

It has been said that they planned to move back to England, which makes me wonder if this changes things now that he won't do traditional touring of any sort. Maybe he does a mini/traveling residency every few months at most, or takes a tour on the road but stays in place for a week or so at a time, returns home, then repeats a month or so later. No clue of the logistic sensibility of that, but "knowing him" it seems like something he could pursue. If that's been done before, I'm unaware, but he's done a lot of unique things over the years and something like that wouldn't surprise me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad