News Article: Ownership not planning on firing Poile

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I read the full article and didn't really feel strongly that they aren't looking at him for change. It certainly wasn't a strong endorsement if it was any endorsement. He said Poile was part of the evaluation process. He mostly gave non answers which Henry is especially good at.

Reactions: triggrman

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
How the hell do we have a 17 person ownership group? I thought it was 7 or 8 before Wilson bought in. Did any of the original group die and split their shares between multiple kids or what?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah, the expansion of the ownership group (????) was the most interesting part of that article.

I remember the originals being Freeman, Cigarran, Fritch, Dobberpuhl and Thompson. Obviously there are now 3 Thompsons.

I also dont remember the three Jacobs being in the initial group. Anyone know who they are/what their other business is?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing. I'd generally think that the goal would be consolidating ownership, buying out smaller shareholders as the bigger shareholders grow and are able to do so. Expanding the group means that they either needed the cash infusion, which would be bad, or that the popularity of the team caused more interest from potential partners. While I'd love to believe it's the latter due to the Finals run, I'd bet it's the former because even with increased interest, the current group would have no incentive to let others buy in and dilute their earning potential on the franchise.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I always thought Cigarren was the majority stake holder but clearly majority won’t be by much

They dont have anyone who even owns close to 50%. After Freeman was deposed due to his financial problems, Cigarran took over as the voting owner for NHL purposes but IIRC his stake was significantly less than Freeman and Fritch and Fritch to begin with. Now, he may have been the main one to buy out Boots shares, and that may have made him have a lot more than the others, but I'm guessing everyone has 5 to 10 percent at most.

Jul 12, 2007
How the hell do we have a 17 person ownership group? I thought it was 7 or 8 before Wilson bought in. Did any of the original group die and split their shares between multiple kids or what?
They’ve been giving out shares to homeless people. They’re wonderful folks.
Gonna be just as sweet to Poile and Hynes; give them a nice full season; all the way to a 6-50 record.

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
They dont have anyone who even owns close to 50%. After Freeman was deposed due to his financial problems, Cigarran took over as the voting owner for NHL purposes but IIRC his stake was significantly less than Freeman and Fritch and Fritch to begin with. Now, he may have been the main one to buy out Boots shares, and that may have made him have a lot more than the others, but I'm guessing everyone has 5 to 10 percent at most.
Yeah that’s what I though. Crazy to think we have that many owners

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It also makes it harder to get changes made. Instead of one owner needing to sour on the GM and/or coach, at least 9 must. The more owners, the safer Poile's job is and, by extension, the coach's.

Reactions: GoldOnGold

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That’s why they pay a CEO

That's why he has to answer to them and it sure sounded like he's deferring to them and isn't going to do anything unless they're in favor of it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad