Prospect Info: Owen Tippett (2017, #10 overall), Saginaw Spirit (OHL), signed ELC on 7/19/17

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Tippett is basically vatrano with a little less physicality. But his shot and hands r well above. And I think his speed is slightly above. Picture a more lethal vatrano with a bit
More development. I see very similar game
I’m them. Straight ahead shoot first but tippet can undress a defender when needed

Reactions: harv33173

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Tippett is basically vatrano with a little less physicality. But his shot and hands r well above. And I think his speed is slightly above. Picture a more lethal vatrano with a bit
I’m them. Straight ahead shoot first but tippet can undress a defender when needed

... sounds like Nathan Horton

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Tippett can shield the puck a lot better than Vatrano can and work down low taking punishment but ya don't expect a big hit from him. He's got a strong lower base and isn't knocked off the puck easily.
I'd say he's closer to Hoffman than Vatrano in terms of similarity but both their shots are quick and very heavy and accurate.

Kessel lite would be my exact comparison of Tippett. Doesn't give it 100% all the time but will turn on the jets when he enters the neutral/offensive zones. Has the skill, speed, shot and decent playmaking to become a solid top 6 winger/lethal PP threat.

Reactions: harv33173

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Tippett can shield the puck a lot better than Vatrano can and work down low taking punishment but ya don't expect a big hit from him. He's got a strong lower base and isn't knocked off the puck easily.
I'd say he's closer to Hoffman than Vatrano in terms of similarity but both their shots are quick and very heavy and accurate.

Kessel lite would be my exact comparison of Tippett. Doesn't give it 100% all the time but will turn on the jets when he enters the neutral/offensive zones. Has the skill, speed, shot and decent playmaking to become a solid top 6 winger/lethal PP threat.
More of a north south player than
Phil. That’s why I compared him to vatrano.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tipp on a podcast (2nd time being on it) with his old OHL teammate talking shortened season, getting better as year went on, playing with Hubey and Benny (about his trade as well), playing TB, what his off-season looks like, the Yandle situation and other things.
Answers some fan questions as well.

His part starts at the 13:40 mark.

And the hosts also interview the first female, Taya Currie, drafted to the OHL, pretty cool to see.
And she's a tendie!!

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Tipp on a podcast (2nd time being on it) with his old OHL teammate talking shortened season, getting better as year went on, playing with Hubey and Benny (about his trade as well), playing TB, what his off-season looks like, the Yandle situation and other things.
Answers some fan questions as well.

His part starts at the 13:40 mark.

And the hosts also interview the first female, Taya Currie, drafted to the OHL, pretty cool to see.
And she's a tendie!!

Fun fact, the female goalie is from the same small town as me, Parkhill. Under 2,000 people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad