Post-Game Talk: Ovi's 700 Club vs Gilligan's Isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Don’t think this is a good team in a slump anymore. They haven’t played consistently well since December. They have no identity, no system. They are lacking D, lacking scoring depths, and lacking any type of structure /coaching.
Exactly. BMac can trade for D help, but the coaching would still just continue being out coached by every teams coaching. This is very simple, you fire Reirden and his clown assistants and hired either Gallant or Laviolette!

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just a guess, but I am guessing Kuzy misses the road trip at least. Boyd gets some ice time with Hagelin and Panik

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Exactly. BMac can trade for D help, but the coaching would still just continue being out coached by every teams coaching. This is very simple, you fire Reirden and his clown assistants and hired either Gallant or Laviolette!

I think you give Reirden the benefit of the doubt. If he bombs out in the first round again, then Gallant or Lavi would be two good choices.

Not ready to push the panic button yet.

Reactions: Bananas

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I think you give Reirden the benefit of the doubt. If he bombs out in the first round again, then Gallant or Lavi would be two good choices.

Not ready to push the panic button yet.
Agreed. The only thing that worries me is that the same issues they had in the playoffs last year are creeping back up. That is....troublesome.

Last edited:

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018

I’m not a doctor (and that dude is) but six weeks for a collarbone sounds awfully optimistic...

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Reirden may simply be one of those guys who is an excellent assistant coach and tactician but not adept at tying it all together and getting guys to implement his vision..

Ten 4+ goal games in the last nineteen. Pretty good sample size. What really alarms me is that there was not a reactionary defensive tightening, getting the puck deep after the Flyers shellacking. I think Reirden is perhaps a bit too confident in himself, the “stay the course” type who is unaware of the situation’s gravity.

Again, BM needs to get more involved here. Are there any examples of assistants being replaced mid-season?

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
It seems to me the Caps go through one of these perplexing slumps around this time every year. Personally I don’t think it’d be the worst thing if we fell to 3rd or 4th in the East and weren’t being lauded as Cup favorites going into the playoffs...we certainly weren’t in 2018...

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Post-game show, guys talked about how Caps would be good if playing physical.. But nothing about cohesive hockey. Their passing is shit lately, unlike some think December wasnt last good month, it was November. So they suck for half a season.

Backstrom sucks whole season. Now Kuzy has his shoulder dinged (and his history with shoulders is long).

This is not comfortable. Hard to see them winning a lot of games in playoffs with team play. Barry certainly knows what to do against Caps.

Are there positives?

PS: Eller is talking about lacking couple percents of effort as a reason of losing. Cant be that.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
It seems to me the Caps go through one of these perplexing slumps around this time every year. Personally I don’t think it’d be the worst thing if we fell to 3rd or 4th in the East and weren’t being lauded as Cup favorites going into the playoffs...we certainly weren’t in 2018...
If they fell to 3rd or 4th their might be a chance they don’t make the playoffs. Metro is goin off this year

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I was too distracted by the Russian wives to watch a lot of the game.

During the 1st period, 2 fish stick fans sitting next to us were told by security: ‘These are the wives of 3 of the players, anymore derogatory remarks about the players will result in you making them from outside the arena.’ :laugh:

Ps. They weren’t wrong.

Attachments

• 31DDA4B6-2BA3-44A8-B5BC-2289A4E6C42E.jpeg
    31DDA4B6-2BA3-44A8-B5BC-2289A4E6C42E.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 14

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I was too distracted by the Russian wives to watch a lot of the game.

During the 1st period, 2 fish stick fans sitting next to us were told by security: ‘These are the wives of 3 of the players, anymore derogatory remarks about the players will result in you making them from outside the arena.’ :laugh:

Ps. They weren’t wrong.
Why doesn’t Ovechkins wife sit in a suite or something? Seems odd to me.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Concern but no panic yet.

This is Boston's "streak":

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 10.13.23 PM.png

Blues current streak:

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 10.15.41 PM.png

Good teams hit walls, it happens.

Bolts and Pens (my Cup favorite) are the only two top tier teams who haven't really hit a streak of losing.

Good news is there is time to fix things.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Concern but no panic yet.

This is Boston's "streak":

View attachment 319089
Blues current streak:

View attachment 319093
Good teams hit walls, it happens.

Bolts and Pens (my Cup favorite) are the only two top tier teams who haven't really hit a streak of losing.

Good news is there is time to fix things.

TBay started the year pretty uneven.

The Pens haven’t really slumped, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad