Overall, are you happy with what's happened in the past week?

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
I'm so glad Chia actually pulled the trigger with this deal. Value wise is pretty much what I expected as well. Everyone knew one of hall, nuge or ebs had to go. Eberle wasn't going to bring back a impact d, I also believe management values nuge more than hall, Coach likes his centers. having pulju land in our laps pretty much sealed hall's fate.

Moving forward, I Hope we get Lucic and we don't sign demers. I rather try to add a young rhd like dumba to play 3rd pair & pp. keep reinhart and nurse in minors to start year.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm so glad Chia actually pulled the trigger with this deal. Value wise is pretty much what I expected as well. Everyone knew one of hall, nuge or ebs had to go. Eberle wasn't going to bring back a impact d, I also believe management values nuge more than hall, Coach likes his centers. having pulju land in our laps pretty much sealed hall's fate.

Moving forward, I Hope we get Lucic and we don't sign demers. I rather try to add a young rhd like dumba to play 3rd pair & pp. keep reinhart and nurse in minors to start year.

I agree with the trade I've warmed up to it and I also agree about Lucic and not signing Demers. However, Dumba is a big no thanks for me. I don't think he'll ever get the "Jultz" out of his game and its sounds like Minni wanted RNH straight up for him and Chia wanted more so I'm glad that didnt happen.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I was really mad yesterday, but I'm starting to get over it.

If we can land a PPQB this team will be a lot more balanced then it was at the end of the season. We lost the trade, but we might have gained a better team overall.

You have to go back 10 years to find me in a more sour place as an Oilers fan.

MacT's presser where we were in for another "development year" was the worst I've ever been. I'm downright euphoric compared to then.

I think this team is in a far, far, far, better place than it was at that point in time.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Draft was pretty good the Hall trade was asinine. The oilers front office once again have been able to go in half measures and not make the big deal to truly change this team, two true #1 Dmen were available, a very rare thing, we came up with neither.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Draft was pretty good the Hall trade was asinine. The oilers front office once again have been able to go in half measures and not make the big deal to truly change this team, two true #1 Dmen were available, a very rare thing, we came up with neither.

Considering they were traded for each other it's unlikely a deal could've been made.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'll probably wait til the third. Mainly because if I hit the patios on the 1st I won't be coherent, then the 2nd I might have a headache and not think clearly. So the 3rd is judgement day for me.

lol I would agree, but he said "this past week" Friday is still sort of within a week, that's I chose it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad