Overall, are you happy with what's happened in the past week?

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
Losing Hall really, really sucks. But we did luck out on Pulju. We finally addressed a team need with Larsson, and the Lucic and Demers news has me excited for Friday.

Overall I think the good things that have happened recently outweigh the one awful, awful thing that happened.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I hate the trade, but I love getting Larsson. I accepted the change and welcome our new top RH D and Love getting Puljujarvi. I can live with this.

Squiggy13

May 19, 2016
The hall trade stings but if you told me at the end of the season that we lose hall and likely yak but draft puljarvi
Add Larson demers and lucic I would be happy with that .time will tell.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm excited to see the team play, but I'm sad we lost Hall. Don't really have a choice but to hope for the best, so I'm not going to harp on losing Hall. Just going to have to see how the next few days shake out.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
is this a joke? of course i'm not happy.... we just traded a top-3 LW in the world for magic beans... oops, i mean a magic bean, singular

larsson hasn't proven a goddamn thing, and is a 2nd pairing guy on over half the teams in the league

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think having Jesse P fall to use sealed Hall's fate

I would rather have him do one more year in Europe--but it looks like the oilers will buy him out of this Euro contract

whether we are willing to admit it or not

We are backed into a corner and need to shoot are way out and teams no we were getting desperate

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
is this a joke? of course i'm not happy.... we just traded a top-3 LW in the world for magic beans... oops, i mean a magic bean, singular

larsson hasn't proven a goddamn thing, and is a 2nd pairing guy on over half the teams in the league

Hall hasn't exactly proven much either in the grand scheme of things.

Curious to see what happens in the next week.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
What's the point of signing demers when we just got larsson. They're the same type of player

Good solid 2Ds who might be able to make the jump to a true number one?

Depending on the night you should be able to ice a solid first defence pairing from: Larsson, Klefa, Sekera and Demers. The competition should help.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Larsson is a good hockey player and a good defenceman who's got a lot of potential. Probably a #2 guy. But we got absolutely hammered on that deal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I found myself asking today 'does Chiarelli need to make this trade if Tambo and MacT didn't **** things up so badly?' Probably not. If we'd retained Petry and not signed Nikitin, And Puljujarvi didn't fall, Hall is probably still an Oiler today.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I found myself asking today 'does Chiarelli need to make this trade if Tambo and MacT didn't **** things up so badly?' Probably not. If we'd retained Petry and not signed Nikitin, And Puljujarvi didn't fall, Hall is probably still an Oiler today.

If we had drafted Murray and not Yak--this deal does not happen

SweatpantsNiceShoes

Jan 1, 2015
People need to stop looking at it as getting Larsson for Hall.
Oilers bring in Larsson AND Lucic for Hall.
How is this not a huge win?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Good solid 2Ds who might be able to make the jump to a true number one?

Depending on the night you should be able to ice a solid first defence pairing from: Larsson, Klefa, Sekera and Demers. The competition should help.

That's getting better, but I think a bit too vanilla to really be effective.

Really need someone dynamic to round off a defence of Klefbom, Larsson, Sekera, Davidson and Nurse/Fayne.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad