Over-Agers for 2018 Draft

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Anyone have any names of guys who were passed over or weren't ready to be drafted in their previous drafts that they were eligible - that could be drafted this year?

One possible name I've heard - Tyce Thompson a '99. Plays with Dubuque in the USHL this year after playing prep school last year. Not scoring a ton of points, as he did last year - but is the younger brother of Tage (Blues), and teams seem to love the bloodlines angle.

Anyone else?

newdimension

May 18, 2013
Just off the top of my head:

Sean Durzi
Linus Nyman
Severi Lahtinen
Scott Perunovich
Jerry Turkulainen
Hugo Leufvenius
Patrik Hrehorcak
Alexei Polodyan
Ryan Keane
Zach Solow
Justin Brazeau
Saku Vesterinen
Radim Salda
Einar Emanuelsson
Matthew Kellenberger
Jesper Sellgren
Martin Bodak

A few of these guys might get a pickup. Durzi and Nyman are probably the ones with the highest chance of going early. For the others, it could be all over the board for them, to not even drafted. I think Durzi, Nyman, Lahtinen, Perunovich, Keane, Leufvenius will get drafted... the others, it's up in the air, depending on if a team wants to take a flyer on them or not. On top of that, I'm sure I'm forgetting some others, too.

Reactions: Teemu

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Connor Dewar. Hard to ignore 36 goals and counting. Hard working player too. Doesn't turn 19 until June 26 so he's still pretty young as well. No idea how he went undrafted last year.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Mikael Hakkarainen - the Finn plays in the USHL with Muskegon. Had some good draft buzz when he was first draft eligible but went undrafted. He's a '98, so last year eligible. NCAA bound next year (Providence).

He's been hurt this year, but in only 25 games, he's 13-21-34 - very impressive numbers in the USHL.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Sharangovich
Joey Keane
Nikita Anokohovsky
Jesse Kosenkorva- Was a Leafs camp invite that didn't standout in the scrimmages last year. I'm sure the Leafs have been tracking his progress this year.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Wanted to bump this to inquire about Stephen Dhillon - couldn't find a thread for him. Noticed he's been getting peppered with shots in the playoffs, but still putting up a .929 sv %. Has face 47/50/50 shots in the 3 games vs Hamilton so far. He had pretty bad regular season numbers, but he might still be worth a shot. Anyone who follows the OHL more closely think he has a shot at being a late round pick this year?

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
Veini Vehviläinen enters once again. This time with a really good season in FEL with team leading the league after regular season and now playing in semifinals.

Reactions: CapSpace and LAINEC

Mountlaine

Feb 8, 2018
Lauri Pajuniemi played great playoffs in FEL for TPS. Not much ice time (under 10 minutes on average) but still managed to produce 3+1 in 8 games. Good hands, good speed and played physically. I'd pick him up in later rounds.

Reactions: Fault and Fracture

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I would also mention Dronov. He got injured right before the WJC, but was considered Russia’s best D before that. He is already a KHL regular and playing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad