Online Series: Outer Range (Amazon Prime)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The trailer is so confusing, I literally have no idea which way they are trying to go with this show. I'll wait for the reviews and decide if I'm going to watch.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The trailer is so confusing, I literally have no idea which way they are trying to go with this show. I'll wait for the reviews and decide if I'm going to watch.

I like that the trailer doesn't give anything away. It actually makes me more curious to check out the series because I really enjoy mysteries.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
All 8 episodes are now available for binging.

I started it a few days ago and am halfway through. I like it so far. It's like Yellowstone meets Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Twin Peaks. There isn't a whole lot of cowboying or otherworldly elements so far, though. It's more about family secrets and local issues than big conspiracies and such, at least so far. It's a little slow and mysterious, but not boring. Probably the best thing about it is the acting. Every actor, including Brolin, is really good. That and the direction give the series a premium feel, even though it couldn't have been a very expensive series to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Ultimately not much of a payoff unless another eight episodes are coming up quick

Seems like some scriptwriter's guess at something derivative that might be successful.Doubt I come back for more.

Reactions: Osprey

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
With Yellowstone being such a big hit and Mandolorian being a space cowboy show, no surprise if there is an increase in stuff like this

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Ultimately not much of a payoff unless another eight episodes are coming up quick

Seems like some scriptwriter's guess at something derivative that might be successful.Doubt I come back for more.

I finished it last night and see what you mean. Saying that there's not much of a payoff is sort of an understatement because there's not even a conclusion. When the credits rolled, I seriously wondered if I was wrong about the 8th episode being the last because it didn't feel like it at all. It ends with as many questions as answers. They definitely designed the series for multiple seasons, but maybe took for granted that viewers would be happy with cliffhangers and that there'd be a second season. If there is one, I may watch it, but I'm worried that it'll end as unsatisfyingly.

Reactions: kihei

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
This was actually pretty good. Thought it could use a bump. I think this is a show that could definitely run a couple more seasons. I thought the story behind the hole was a neat idea. Definitely my kind of show, I knew I could count on this one to be good.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
This was actually pretty good. Thought it could use a bump. I think this is a show that could definitely run a couple more seasons. I thought the story behind the hole was a neat idea. Definitely my kind of show, I knew I could count on this one to be good.
I liked it quite a bit too. Good acting and an intriguing plot. The end of the finale was a bit disappointing but hopefully we get some answers early in season 2.

Reactions: Magic Man

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

Drops May 16th. I'd forgotten about this show.

I've read that shows like this are often contracted for two seasons, so that could be why Season 1 didn't have much resolution and could mean that this season will have more.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad