Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
People are so impressed by Eller for what reason? I mean instead of his career high 30 he has 38 points. Wow, what a star.

38 points... while playing on the 3rd line. Some people really seem to have a hard time understanding this concept. Eller also gets most of his points at ES and doesn't get to milk most of his points on the PP like other centers *cough*Drouin*cough*

Eller is playing with confidence right now and is being rewarded. Something he never had while playing for his previous neanderthal coach. If Eller keeps this up he will be a huge boon for the Caps in the playoffs. Mark my words. See how he completely man handled his man in front of the net for the tying goal? Now imagine Desharnais trying to do that because that's who we developed over Eller and Galchenyuk.

Last edited:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Deharnais developement was more important than eller or galchenyuks.
French superstar C's don't grow on trees @Bryson

Hey if they kept on trying one day Desharnais was going to turn into Marty St Louis! Honestly not sure what's going to happen to the future of this team. There's less and less francos in the league and the Habs have most of them lol.

Reactions: DXStriker

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Would like Nashville to win, I want to see Subban get a Cup. Since Bergevin won't get fired, this would be the next best scenario.
This is what I'm hoping for as well. Anyone but Toronto, Boston or Pittsburgh to win the cup if Nashville gets eliminated.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Eller is an elite third line center and would be the best center on the Habs.

Worst combination of words in hockey. Elite player at being okay to pretty good.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Price is Wright

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
People are so impressed by Eller for what reason? I mean instead of his career high 30 he has 38 points. Wow, what a star.
cause had you seen him play, instead of looking at the state, you might an worthwhile opinion to contribute

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Any team except Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Anaheim, Dallas or Saint Louis. I'm ok with the rest, and will be cheering for Nashville, Toronto, and New Jersey and LA if they make it.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Rooting hard for the Jets, but it's not meant to be for them this year. I'm good with any western team taking it.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Near 40 points playing on the 3rd line and a key contributor on one of the top teams in the east? Yeah, why would anyone be impressed by that.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Meanwhile over in Leafs nation, they just broke their franchise record for most wins in a season.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Near 40 points playing on the 3rd line and a key contributor on one of the top teams in the east? Yeah, why would anyone be impressed by that.
I love Eller, almost a man crush. :naughty:

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Nashville or San Jose for me. Washington in the East I guess. Don't really care for teams in the East.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Forgot about Vegas, I would not mind them winning either and it would cause a ruckus on Sports sorry leafsnet (comments section), they have already complained that Vegas got an unfair deal. Vegas reminds me of a pack of dholes, those Asian wild dogs. In large packs they have been known to kill tigers. They just swarm around their prey. I also like Gallant and his KFC habits.

Reactions: Bryson

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What we're seeing with Eller now is what I expect to see when/if Galchenyuk is eventually traded. At this point half the fanbase (more?) is dismissing him as a player who was never legitimate top-3 pick, who is clueless in his own zone, etc. However, given a good coach and a good environment he has a good prospect of emerging as a two-way forward with ~70-point production.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
My team's for the playoffs...first will be which teams I go with in my pool.

Outside of that, in the West I'll probably root for Winnipeg and San Jose.

East, I guess the Caps. I'd like to see OV finally get to the finals. I will definitely NOT be rooting for anyone in our division. Death to them all.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
What we're seeing with Eller now is what I expect to see when/if Galchenyuk is eventually traded. At this point half the fanbase (more?) is dismissing him as a player who was never legitimate top-3 pick, who is clueless in his own zone, etc. However, given a good coach and a good environment he has a good prospect of emerging as a two-way forward with ~70-point production.

Yup. That's pretty much what I would predict happening with Chucky.

Reactions: DAChampion

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
cause had you seen him play, instead of looking at the state, you might an worthwhile opinion to contribute

I watched him play for years. 30 points every year. Now every time he records a point this thread is full of people drooling over him. And in the end he just has 38. There’s a weird obsession with Eller ever since he was a Hab that he was capable of more than 30 a season. Now he’s on an elite team and it’s just 8 more points. I find it hilarious and people can’t let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad