Injury Report: Out of Town Thread Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
My feeling about the Offer Sheet to Aho(Finnish Center) was Bergevin's way of showing teams that (despite not wanting to sign a UFA to a huge contract that could jeopardize his future salary cap plans) the Habs are not averse to making an Offer Sheet to a young star. The fact is Habs already have a superstar center(Finnish Kotkaneimi) + Domi + Poehling + Danault + Suzuki all of these centers have huge NHL potential, so why the obvious lowball offer to Aho? It appeared Winnipeg's Laine (RW)Finnish would be a great fit with the Habs by trade or Offer Sheet, since the purging of their defence(Wpg's) it looks like that possibility is less likely. Winnipeg is going with their youth at the expense of the veteran defence, certainly Laine's desire to play 1st line icetime could be fulfilled with the Habs. {Laine(RW)- Poehling(C)- Kotkaneimi(LW) a line with size, speed, talent & youth}

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Problems of the rich and infamous ...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Nathan Légaré would have look great in a Habs jersey....you have to wish that both Struble and Norlinder will pan out.....but a scorer like Légaré was a BPA in the 2nd round.

Reactions: Toene

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nathan Légaré would have look great in a Habs jersey....you have to wish that both Struble and Norlinder will pan out.....but a scorer like Légaré was a BPA in the 2nd round.
There was a lot of talent at forward that went around Norlinder... Legare, Puistola, Grewe to name a few... Lets hope its not another Point/Lernout situation.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
There was a lot of talent at forward that went around Norlinder... Legare, Puistola, Grewe to name a few... Lets hope its not another Point/Lernout situation.

Yep. Though, it was clear that Lernout would not pan out that he was a d-man from another era. But seems that it wasn't well known by the scouting group. Insane but true. But yeah, my point is always about BPA. Not sure how to categorize Struble in that regard, I haven't seen him enough. But I saw Légaré play. A lot. And in no way is this guy a 3rd rounder.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Nathan Légaré signs his ELC contract...congrats Nathan. Still, I'm pissed right now. Can't believe we let this kid go.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Halak with the Theodore save in the preseason.

What is the Theodore save?

I think he has two iconic ones.

The one on Bill Guerin in the 2002 playoffs, which is a bit difficult for me to describe.

The other one was against Carolina, where he made a save with his glove/back.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
What is the Theodore save?

I think he has two iconic ones.

The one on Bill Guerin in the 2002 playoffs, which is a bit difficult for me to describe.

The other one was against Carolina, where he made a save with his glove/back.

I always consider the one on Guerin the Theodore save as its arguably a top 5 save of all time and the fact he made that save when we were up 2-1 in an elimination game against the Bruins made it that much sweeter. Although the one against Carolina was pretty good as well. Puck went off the post, bounced out and Halak spun around the same way and gloved it as opposed to blocker, which makes sense because Theodore was a righty.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I always consider the one on Guerin the Theodore save as its arguably a top 5 save of all time and the fact he made that save when we were up 2-1 in an elimination game against the Bruins made it that much sweeter. Although the one against Carolina was pretty good as well. Puck went off the post, bounced out and Halak spun around the same way and gloved it as opposed to blocker, which makes sense because Theodore was a righty.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Yeah, I can't really argue that the Guerin save was a much bigger stage.

The save didn't make much sense, but neither did that entire season for Montreal.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah, I can't really argue that the Guerin save was a much bigger stage.

The save didn't make much sense, but neither did that entire season for Montreal.

We were complete underdogs that entire season. Hadn’t made the playoffs in 4 years. Nobody really knew who Theodore was and he put the team on his back carried the team to the playoffs. Koivu came back from cancer near the end and had a big effect on the team. Knocked out the first place Bruins in the first round and I still wonder what would’ve happened had the Molson Miracle against the Canes in the second round never happened. Easily my favourite season from the non glory days.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We were complete underdogs that entire season. Hadn’t made the playoffs in 4 years. Nobody really knew who Theodore was and he put the team on his back carried the team to the playoffs. Koivu came back from cancer near the end and had a big effect on the team. Knocked out the first place Bruins in the first round and I still wonder what would’ve happened had the Molson Miracle against the Canes in the second round never happened. Easily my favourite season from the non glory days.

Yeah, Gilmour also turned back the clock a little bit in the playoffs. He co-led the team in playoff scoring along with koivu.

Looking back, I don't think the habs would have done much if they got past carolina. The leafs were next, and they were a pretty tough matchup for Montreal. I think that was still the time period where the habs had alot of problems trying to beat the leafs. That tide didn't start shifting until around 2004, I think.

After the collapse in game 4 against Carolina, the habs just looked like a team that had nothing more to give. They were physically, and emotionally spent IMO, and after all that happened during that season, I can't say I blame them for it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The one I was talking about was from just the other night against Philly. This was from 11 years ago. Lol

Well, it's not that difficult to retrieve.

Just use the YouTube search engine and then embed the link address in the prompt provided here.

I've done my part. :wg:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Theodore got a lot of flak for his play and attitude toward the end and most of it was well deserved but for a short while the guy was a beast. 2001-2002 remains one of the best season i've seen by a goalie since i watch hockey (mid 80ies). When you look at the lineup of that team it should have been a top 5 overall pick and the team instead went to the 2nd round. The other goalies all gave well over 3 goals that year. The other goalies (Michaud, Hackett, Fiset, Garon) cumulative stats for that year over 23 games were 3.48 gaa and .896 saves % while Theodore ones were 2.11 gaa and .931 saves %.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad