NHL Out of Town Thread IX: Long suffering Vegas fans rejoice - VGK wins the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Vegas wins and Phil Kessel's name will be engraved on the cup more times than Bobby Orr's.
Yikes.
I kind of forgot Kessel was on Vegas. I paid little attention to that series but never heard his name. Is he even dressed for games? I think even Kolasar has a bigger impact than Kessel.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yikes.
I kind of forgot Kessel was on Vegas. I paid little attention to that series but never heard his name. Is he even dressed for games? I think even Kolasar has a bigger impact than Kessel.
He dressed the first four games against Winnipeg but hasn't played since. Not sure if he's injured or if it's a healthy scratch thing. But his ironman streak still counts.

• Haha
Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Vegas will be FLA's toughest matchup yet. Gudas, Bennett, and Lomberg are going to have a tougher time bullying and pesterizing VGK.

Bobrovsky likely needs to stand on his head for FLA to win. Hill just needs to be very good.

Vegas the better team on paper. FLA the hottest team in the playoffs.

TV ratings will likely be piss poor based on the teams playing, but I am really looking forward to seeing how these teams stack up against each other.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Vegas will be FLA's toughest matchup yet. Gudas, Bennett, and Lomberg are going to have a tougher time bullying and pesterizing VGK.

Bobrovsky likely needs to stand on his head for FLA to win. Hill just needs to be very good.

Vegas the better team on paper. FLA the hottest team in the playoffs.

TV ratings will likely be piss poor based on the teams playing, but I am really looking forward to seeing how these teams stack up against each other.
Well yes, but Bruins were the "better team on paper" too and so was Carolina and Toronto. Paper means nothing. Nobody on Vegas matches up with Tkachuk. If Bobrovski keeps playing the way he has been, Florida will win the series again.

Reactions: sarge88

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Referees

• Steve Kozari #40 – 4th Stanley Cup Final
  • Wes McCauley #4 – 10th Stanley Cup Final
  • Dan O’Rourke #9 – 6th Stanley Cup Final
  • Chris Rooney #5 – 6th Stanley Cup Final
  • Kelly Sutherland #11 – 10th Stanley Cup Final
First-Timers: None

Out from Conference Finals: Trevor Hanson, Jean Hebert, Chris Lee

Linesmen

• Steve Barton #59 – 3rd Stanley Cup Final
  • Scott Cherrey #50 – 5th Stanley Cup Final
  • Brad Kovachik #71 – 5th Stanley Cup Final
  • Kiel Murchison #79 – 3rd Stanley Cup Final
  • Jonny Murray #95 – 6th Stanley Cup Final
First-Timers: None

Out from Conference Finals: David Brisebois, Matt MacPherson, Bevan Mills

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Lucic playing for Vancouver? He has every right to do whatever he wants, but yuck. 2011 is a long time ago now but that would still just feel really wrong.
He was a big Vancouver Canucks fan as a kid. He played for the Vancouver Giants. Todd Bertuzzi was his favorite player back in the day. I would be fine with him wanting to play for his hometown team despite the negative feelings I have for that organization. I get it.

Thing is, I wonder if the fans would totally embrace him. They were pretty butthurt after the Bs won the Cup. His family's church was vandalized. His grandparents were harassed at Rogers Arena on multiple occasions. He got in that bar altercation in Vancouver a couple years after winning the Cup and was so disgusted with the city that he said he would never set foot in downtown Vancouver again unless he was playing in the arena.

Like you say, it was a long time ago, however it might not seem so long ago to a good part of that fan base that still cannot get over what the Bs did to their beloved Canucks. I won't have any ill feelings at all towards Looch if he ends up playing for his hometown team, but, yeah, it will feel wrong.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
He was a big Vancouver Canucks fan as a kid. He played for the Vancouver Giants. Todd Bertuzzi was his favorite player back in the day. I would be fine with him wanting to play for his hometown team despite the negative feelings I have for that organization. I get it.

Thing is, I wonder if the fans would totally embrace him. They were pretty butthurt after the Bs won the Cup. His family's church was vandalized. His grandparents were harassed at Rogers Arena on multiple occasions. He got in that bar altercation in Vancouver a couple years after winning the Cup and was so disgusted with the city that he said he would never set foot in downtown Vancouver again unless he was playing in the arena.

Like you say, it was a long time ago, however it might not seem so long ago to a good part of that fan base that still cannot get over what the Bs did to their beloved Canucks. I won't have any ill feelings at all towards Looch if he ends up playing for his hometown team, but, yeah, it will feel wrong.

Yeah I get all that and I understand why he's interested. In his situation I probably would be too. I'd like to think even the cranky Nucks fans would let bygones be bygones if he did sign. But yep, it would feel really odd.

Regardless, I hope somebody gives him one last contract to finish up with. The body can't go as it used to, but you still won't find a better guy around the locker room and one more willing to step up for his team than Looch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad