HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I’m sorry I just can’t cheer for the oilers. Their HF fans for the most part nauseate me and I can’t bring myself to cheer for a franchise that perfected tanking so pathetically well, the NHL needed to create draft lottery restrictions to limit them from picking 1st OA again and again
gotta love when oilers fans ghost habs board

Reactions: Runner77

Jul 6, 2016
If Demko ( for the whole series) and Boeser (in the Game 7) would had played, I think Vancouver would have had better chances to win it. But losing in Game 7 in not a shame at all against a powerhouse like Edmonton.

AND chucky too. to big fails
Yeah, Short vision.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Most playoff series wins in the last 15 years. The good news for Leaf fans I guess is that they're not last and are tied with the expansion Kraken, who've been in the NHL for just 3 years, with 1 series win. :DD

Playoff.jpg

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
does trotz go after Mitch M in fig land?

Marner - Forsberg would be a hell of a connection. Forsberg is the power forward that Matthews isn't. Forsberg had 48g this past season with Marner he probably goes over 50+ goals.

Nashville's center position isn't great, but they have the money to go after Lindholm, too. Lindholm - ROR as a 1-2 punch.

In 2024 draft, Nashville has a 1st, 3-2nds, 2-3rds.
In 2025, 2-1sts, 2-2nds & 2-3rds.

They have the draft picks to do it. And, some prospects. Would they give up Askarov? Beyond him, they have Matthew Wood, Tanner Molendyk, Joakim Kemell, Fedor Svechkov, and Zachary L'Heureux. I think they have the assets to do it.

A Forsberg, Lindholm, Marner, Josi, Saros core isn't bad.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
HuGo should be all over that if he’s available - would solidify 3C and step change improvement in PK

Cirelli is good, but he isn't $6.25m good. That was a massive over pay for a 40 pt center. On a team as offensively gifted as TB, his career year is 45 pts. He has 7 more years to go on that deal. TB would have to retain. He's 27 in July.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Marner - Forsberg would be a hell of a connection. Forsberg is the power forward that Matthews isn't. Forsberg had 48g this past season with Marner he probably goes over 50+ goals.

Nashville's center position isn't great, but they have the money to go after Lindholm, too. Lindholm - ROR as a 1-2 punch.

In 2024 draft, Nashville has a 1st, 3-2nds, 2-3rds.
In 2025, 2-1sts, 2-2nds & 2-3rds.

They have the draft picks to do it. And, some prospects. Would they give up Askarov? Beyond him, they have Matthew Wood, Tanner Molendyk, Joakim Kemell, Fedor Svechkov, and Zachary L'Heureux. I think they have the assets to do it.

A Forsberg, Lindholm, Marner, Josi, Saros core isn't bad.
the leafs getting askarov, a good young dman (or F) and a 1st worries me

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Cirelli is good, but he isn't $6.25m good. That was a massive over pay for a 40 pt center. On a team as offensively gifted as TB, his career year is 45 pts. He has 7 more years to go on that deal. TB would have to retain. He's 27 in July.
Agreed. It feels like it was a contract to reward the player for his services than a logical one for the franchise.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
And in no state tax FLA that is like 8 per in MTL...way too much for him.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Still it would be nice to have one of the best, if not the best 3rd line center in the NHL. He's also a Selke nominated player usually.

Suzuki
Dach
Cirelli
Dvorak

Cirelli(1.5M retained)) for Evans + 1st Winnipeg?

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Low key, I'd take KK back on a cheaper contract if he gets bought out.

Putting the baggage of the previous regime aside, this is exactly the type of move that's right up Hughes' alley.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Askarov + Molendyk + cap relief asset??
perhaps but I'm concerned they finally get their young goalie + a couple of young pieces that more than make up for losing a soft piece of offence.
Leafs haven't had a quality young dman since Reilly came into the league

Low key, I'd take KK back on a cheaper contract if he gets bought out.

Putting the baggage of the previous regime aside, this is exactly the type of move that's right up Hughes' alley.
no way

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Still it would be nice to have one of the best, if not the best 3rd line center in the NHL. He's also a Selke nominated player usually.

Suzuki
Dach
Cirelli
Dvorak

Cirelli(1.5M retained)) for Evans + 1st Winnipeg?

If they're willing to retain $1.5m then I'd do it. It brings his cap hit down to $4.75m, which is way more reasonable.

That would give TB $9.75m to sign Stamkos & another forward. Maybe Stamkos signs a 4 year, $31m contract, which takes him to age 38. Cap hit is $7.75m. That gives them $2m to sign one forward and have some cap space to accrue in season to add at TD.

We'd probably have to retain on Evans. Lol Maybe 700k, so he comes in at $1m for them.

I mean I'm ok with that trade. Winnipeg 1st, Evans ($700k retained) for Cirelli ($1.5m retained). TB might want more, though, since it's in division.

I can see Utah being interested in Cirelli.

Reactions: EveryDay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad