HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Desharnais is soooo baad.
Listening to Habs centric podcasts lately I wonder if anyone out east actually watches the Oilers, cause they don’t really seem to have a clue about them and brand them cup contenders while having turds like this on their team.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I mean @MarkovsKnee just laid out why teams were hesitant on Michkov and that he clearly leaned towards going to Philly. I’m just pointing out that it makes sense if his interest is to grow his own brand and make the most money.

It does make sense. He probably knew the top 3 teams were going for the big centers. That left SJS, who are in an even bigger mess than Philadelphia cap wise and prospect wise, Montreal, who is outside the US, Arizona, who he clearly told he wasn't interested in playing there at all, so they took another Russian, and Philadelphia, a big US market with no stars to compete with.

I must be a terrible person but I honestly wouldn't be able to stomach any other Canadian team winning the cup before the Habs do it again! I don't care how long it takes but just like I can't see Fig, Oiler, Jets, Sens, Nucks or Flames fans cheering for the Habs, I would never be able to cheer for them.

I dislike the Rags and the Panthers so, by process of elimination, that leaves Dallas. Let's go Stars, I guess?

I wouldn't worry about it neither Vancouver or Edmonton are beating Dallas. Both are done in 5 games against Dallas - max.

That is soooo weird honestly. Not sure why a league would even want the appearance

I guess they figure they cancel each other out. One ref they win with all the time. The other they lose.

It's unfair to mention just one ref when there are 2 in each game.

Reactions: Habano

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Shots 9-1 Edmonton. Vancouver not getting shots again. 10 minutes in.
Pathetic Vancouver.

My sister and her husband are at the game and I texted her to get everyone to yell shoot instead of Skinner.

Our Habs raised family has 3 Canucks marriages and one Oilers one. Allegiances have shifted.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Listening to Habs centric podcasts lately I wonder if anyone out east actually watches the Oilers, cause they don’t really seem to have a clue about them and brand them cup contenders while having turds like this on their team.

I watch them a lot and they have a legitimate shot. Pittsburgh had guys like Hainsey and Trevor Daley. Their team play has really improved over the years, especially when they got out of that funk to start the season. With a legitimate goaltender, they'd be cup favorites.

McDavid looks on.

Draisaitl too. If his skating was less upright he'd look so much like Jagr style wise.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I watch them a lot and they have a legitimate shot. Pittsburgh had guys like Hainsey and Trevor Daley. Their team play has really improved over the years, especially when they got out of that funk to start the season. With a legitimate goaltender, they'd be cup favorites.
They’re closer to the Leafs in the sense that the stars would have to absolutely favourably align for them to win the cup. And your last sentence is why it’s less legitimate.

You are right, their team play and depth has improved over the years, but they’re not upper echelon contenders imo.

Daley and Hainsey are both like 30 time the players Desharnais is. Character, safe play players.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
They’re closer to the Leafs in the sense that the stars would have to absolutely favourably align for them to win the cup. And your last sentence is why it’s less legitimate imo.

Theyre not like the Leafs whatsoever, in whatever sense. Theyre tough, they pay the price and their star players are almost record breaking in the post-season. Their team play is way more translatable to the post-season as well.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Theyre not like the Leafs whatsoever, in whatever sense. Theyre tough, they pay the price and their star players are almost record breaking in the post-season. Their team play is way more translatable to the post-season as well.
But like the Leafs, they are top heavy with sad depth and questionable D and Goaltending.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If Hacksaw is smart he should be short shifting him and throwing him out there every 2nd shift or so.
If Vancouver want to match with Miller it may tire out the old f***.

Edmonton is actually playing all 4 lines. He's probably doing that in 3rd.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Miller line finally put together an outstanding shift. Really hemmed Ceci in the Oilers end. Lol

Pettersson gets highsticked by McLeod. He's bleeding so 4 minute PP coming up for Canucks.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Tort is Tort, I bet you Tort is fired before mid season because of friction between him and Michkov.
Torts is mixing it up, self-parodying. He’ll probably give Michkov loads of pp time and pick fights with another heart and soul defensive star just to keep the media guessing.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Best chance goes to Edmonton. Connor Brown gets a breakaway from his own blueline. Silovs save.

PP has 14 seconds left to start 2nd.

Awful period for Vancouver. They look like they're skating in quicksand. Shots 13-2 Edmonton.

However, it's still 0-0 after 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad