HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
I doubt it, they are old but if anything this series showed that they can hang with the best of them. Dirty Bruins somehow always figure out a way to keep their window open when it’s about to close.
Swayman was the main reason they did well these playoffs but again tonight they battled all game long. They are still a strong defensive team.

Edit: Both Toronto and Florida are strong offensive teams and most of the games were low scoring and close.

Last edited:
Reactions: the and MarkovsKnee

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Tell me who else you have. Helleybuyck, Demko and Shesterkin? Oettinger? I prefer Swayman over everybody not named Shesterkin.
I'm sorry but you're getting caught up in the moment and being melodramatic in saying he's top 3. He had a tremendous playoff but he has never played more than 44 games in a season and his battery mate Ullmark had mirror identical stats. Both play for a great defensive team and structure.

Do you have Justin Woll as #2 in the NHL given he outplayed Swayman head to head and we're going by small sample sizes? I suppose you'd have to put Bobrovsky #1 since he eliminated Swayman two years in a row including a major upset a year ago. Ullmark would then have to be 3B by this reasoning.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I doubt it, they are old but if anything this series showed us that they can hang with the best of them. Dirty Bruins somehow always figure out a way to keep their window open when it’s about to close.
I think they'll bounce back to contending sooner than other orgs but they aren't going to magically find a Bergeron and Chara to help them. They are a team that has assets, but I think they'll be in a bit of no-man's land for a bit. they might make the playoffs, but the last two years have shown that they are regressing

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It was a mistake almost the entire fan base screamed for him to make.

It was non-sensical around here when he was up for discussion. I was on an island saying this kid wasn't gonna be anything.
And he became nothing.

And maybe he was going to be nothing no matter what. But you do not get to mismanage prospects and then blame THEM when they don’t pan out. Leblanc’s “development” mirrors exactly that of Terry Ryan who was by all accounts a solid prospect that we drove out of hockey altogether. Therrien blowing smoke in his face is just the tip of the iceberg.

Leblanc went exactly where he was projected to go. He should’ve been a safe pick.

Once again, I encourage people to look at Timmins before MB and his late picks that are developing without MB being here. It is night and day. Above average before and after. In between it is a black hole.

Should’ve taken Kreider? Okay cool. At least he wouldn’t have been able to run Price. But I refuse to believe that Leblanc couldn’t have been a productive player. Instead we drove him right out of the game.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Both Toronto and Florida are strong offensive teams and most of the games were low scoring and close.
Until their exit last year, leafs fans and management never understood the value of playing solid D in the PO, it was all about " teams with the most offensive skill win championship". During our run in 2021, their fans couldn't understand how a team (Habs) with so little scoring talent made it to the SCF. Only this year, in the playoffs and not even during the regular season, did they see the value of having an Edmundson, who's not flashy, who does not score many goals, but f*** he can be effective at shutting down the offense of the opposing team. had they had a few more gritty players on their roster, and fewer "Marners," well, hey now.

Reactions: Chili

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Hank tonight: What's going to be important for dmen is how well they can move along that blue line to get that shot lane.

Can't say I've ever seen this from Silayev and several other highly touted dmen in the draft class. Can he pick it up in the KHL, doubtful.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Rangers/Panthers ECF is gonna be lit. Hate them both but the only two teams in the East that aren't pretenders.

What I wouldn't give to see the Canucks get a 1994 re-match 30 years later.
Called it. Glad the pretenders are out.

Dadonov really blew that open net
He does it like once a game and then always scores right after I call him out for being garbage.

Drouin still avoid contact like a plague. Doesn't even come close to anyone in the white uniform.
If I were him I'd just play in a French-speaking area of Switzerland. Way better country than the US or Canada anyways. And I doubt the money is that much of a loss (like $600k in the National League vs. $850k in the NHL?) Hell I'd play in Geneva for free

(yes I know he had a solid season, I'm just saying what I'd do personally in his shoes)

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
And he became nothing.

And maybe he was going to be nothing no matter what. But you do not get to mismanage prospects and then blame THEM when they don’t pan out. Leblanc’s “development” mirrors exactly that of Terry Ryan who was by all accounts a solid prospect that we drove out of hockey altogether. Therrien blowing smoke in his face is just the tip of the iceberg.

Leblanc went exactly where he was projected to go. He should’ve been a safe pick.

Once again, I encourage people to look at Timmins before MB and his late picks that are developing without MB being here. It is night and day. Above average before and after. In between it is a black hole.

Should’ve taken Kreider? Okay cool. At least he wouldn’t have been able to run Price. But I refuse to believe that Leblanc couldn’t have been a productive player. Instead we drove him right out of the game.
Pretty sure the common denominator during those lean draft years during the middle of the Timmins regime was Shane Churla. I heard that Timmins got outnumbered by Habs brass on the Koberstein pick when Churla wanted him. Picks like Lernout and Crisp were also deviations from previous Timmins drafts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad