HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I know all the biased people here hate Chris Kreider but I'll take that guy on my hockey team any day of the week he is Gallagher if Gallagher was good. What a performance by him
Mid 1st round pick Kreider never got more than 28G before age 30 right? First 8-years in NHL he avg 24G.

Then came Panarin, Fox, Zibanejad hit his prime etc..

5th round pick Gallagher by age 28 had two 30G+ seasons under his belt without anywhere near the same support cast

Food for thought…

BTW - I wanted Kreider instead of Leblanc at 2009 draft, and am a big fan of his game, but there are other variable when comparing the two players that come into effect

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I’m so curious what King Dundon’s mandate is this summer with all the pending UFAs.

Svechnikov would look mighty fine next to Dach…
Good question, I wonder if he’ll be ok spending to the cap max considering the huge turnover the Canes will face. They won’t be in this position to contend for the next two seasons as their depth will take a huge hit.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Friedman postulating about the Canes buying out KK, so I imagine when someone posts that on tweeter it will become a main thread here.
It'll be fun to post on the main board until the totally unbiased main board mods shut it down due to Hab fan happiness.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
It's easy when the Oilers get no scoring chances. Oilers choking hard.

No, I know he hasn't been amazing or anything. But he is getting the job done for them so far. Not bad considering a couple weeks ago most people didn't know who Arturs Silovs was.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Good cautionary tale about signing young D to long-term extensions. Lots of those around the league. Hopefully Hughes takes notes regarding the Habs young D.
I dunno, the Nurse contract was an obvious albatross the second it was signed. It's only a cautionary tale about signing #3-4s for franchise D money.

I will admit that there is a part of me that gets scared when I remember Kent Hughes was the agent who negotiated that Nurse deal, hopefully he doesn't believe that Nurse was ever actually worth that money LOL

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Friedman postulating about the Canes buying out KK, so I imagine when someone posts that on tweeter it will become a main thread here.
Saying Canes run a profitable business first
and foremost, KK buyout this summer would be $20M savings.

Friedman has also been informed Waddell could potentially be a CBJ GM candidate, allowing Tulsky to get the official promo to GM …. that would put Canes on super analytics track

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Man I can not believe how bad he's been. He was so good as a rookie, just looked extremely smart positionally and had a great two way game as an 18 y/o rookie. I really felt like a decent two-way 2C was the absolute floor with him, as he seemed to have the brain and the playmaking vision but just needed to work on technical details in his skating and first touch while getting stronger and improving balance. He's just....never improved any of that.

He's just finished his 6th full NHL season and he's still Bambiniemi, what the f*** is he doing all summer? Does he train for Ironman triathlons instead of working on core strength and balance or something? Truly baffling to me that there is virtually no improvement in his strength and balance or general puckhandling skills six years in. He peaked as a rookie and has never come close to that again.

Reactions: Banjo Cat

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
New age Hurricanes claim to fame is exclusively through their Twitter account run by a 12 year old. Enjoy golfing and possibly relocating.
I can't think of anything more cringe than sport team social media pages that try too hard to be funny. Exhibit A: Carolina and Arizona's social media accounts.

Reactions: Gustave

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Dont disagree with anything you said

The worst part for MTL is Bergy left the turd that is Dvorak for what a 1st and 2nd rounder?
Yeah not matching the offersheet was completely the right call. It's what Bergevin did with those picks that is the real problem. Should have just saved the cap space and keep the picks.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Question about KK is.....do they think he'll be able to go back to the start of this year. Remember that PPG JK? Seemed a long time now...but what was he able to do then that he's unable to do now? And at one point, will they just decide to live and die with him as the 2ndC?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Man I can not believe how bad he's been. He was so good as a rookie, just looked extremely smart positionally and had a great two way game as an 18 y/o rookie. I really felt like a decent two-way 2C was the absolute floor with him, as he seemed to have the brain and the playmaking vision but just needed to work on technical details in his skating and first touch while getting stronger and improving balance. He's just....never improved any of that.

He's just finished his 6th full NHL season and he's still Bambiniemi, what the f*** is he doing all summer? Does he train for Ironman triathlons instead of working on core strength and balance or something? Truly baffling to me that there is virtually no improvement in his strength and balance or general puckhandling skills six years in. He peaked as a rookie and has never come close to that again.
As MSL stated when asked about his key to success: “I just kept finding ways to improve on & off the ice and force myself to learn more details about the game within the game, while others simply didn’t and stalled”

Question about KK is.....do they think he'll be able to go back to the start of this year. Remember that PPG JK? Seemed a long time now...but what was he able to do then that he's unable to do now? And at one point, will they just decide to live and die with him as the 2ndC?
Or will Dundon mandate he wants to cut bait, save $20M & put those $ to better use?

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m so curious what King Dundon’s mandate is this summer with all the pending UFAs.

Svechnikov would look mighty fine next to Dach…
Dun-dumb the Rageaholic Repo Man will probably cause most of them to jump ship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad