HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
FUNNY if it happens. those high paid guys wont' like him

Craig Berube was in Toronto on Saturday from what I understand, he interviewed with the Maple Leafs on Saturday," Elliotte Friedman reported on Monday's 32 Thoughts Pod

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That likely wasn’t the reason the Habs passed on Michkov but it was a widely held view by fans.

Can’t wait to see him playing so we can finally ascertain whether the Habs flubbed, if at all.
Lent him to Sochi and now possibly releasing him.
Could it could be SKA St.-Petersbourgh want nothing to do with him on their club. :sarcasm:
Flying Boots have been deemed unacceptable by the room.

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
All of a sudden the people who wanted to trade for Laf don't look so crazy lol..

Stupid PLD ruined that for us lol

But also it's just funny to see another 1st ov who was being written off miraculously just.... needed a bit more TIME who knew lol
It gives credence to those who said it was all a pipe-dream and never going to happen.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I agree... he is getting killed from fans and media.

I say the hawks maybe try to get him?

Maybe but think the hawks need size but they also needs NHLer lol so what do i know

Not sure its worth it in a rebuild.

Seattle maybe?

Vegas somehow always gets stars so can never count them out.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Honestly i believe they are doing Marner a huge favor getting him out of that toxic team
Cause Marner himself is not a contributor to the toxicity? I very much doubt that he’s above it.

Marner is like the guy who goes into your backyard and puts your house on fire.

And then rings your front doorbell to save you from the fire so you think he’s a hero.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Cause Marner himself is not a contributor to the toxicity? I very much doubt that he’s above it.

Marner is like the guy who goes into your backyard and puts your house on fire.

And then rings your front doorbell to save you from the fire so you think he’s a hero.

He possibly is but toxic in terms of the entire playoff team atmosphere. Its broken period. There are just two many playoff failures to come back from this from the core.

Its not just the supposed core 4

Its Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Reilly, the goaltenders . They keep kicking the deck chairs surrounding these guys but the same key contributors just are mental midgets and can get past it

Any of the core that can get away from this and be a cog in a different dynamic should consider themselves lucky

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
He possibly is but toxic in terms of the entire playoff team atmosphere. Its broken period. There are just two many playoff failures to come back from this from the core.

Its not just the supposed core 4

Its Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Reilly, the goaltenders . They keep kicking the deck chairs surrounding these guys but the same key contributors just are mental midgets and can get past it

Any of the core that can get away from this and be a cog in a different dynamic should consider themselves lucky

Reminds me a bit of the Jack Eichel situation, he was labeled the problem in Buffalo, had the trade request, had the captaincy stripped... he moved to a cup contender, led the team in points in their cup run, and his public image has improved quite a bit.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If Marner won't waive his NMC to be traded some in the Leafs fanbase just might completely meltdown. :)

I think though he will waive for select few teams but I don't really see any trade happening until after July 1st and after his 7.25m signing bonus is paid. Plus after July 1st any team trading for him would be able to immediately negotiate and sign him to an extension.

It's been quite entertaining and much fun reading all the Marner talk on HF regarding some of the trade returns some Leaf fans think they might get back for him plus other scenarios from Leaf fans if Marner won't waive and the Leafs punishing him for it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
If Marner won't waive his NMC to be traded some in the Leafs fanbase just might completely meltdown. :)

I think though he will waive for select few teams but I don't really see any trade happening until after July 1st and after his 7.25m signing bonus is paid. Plus after July 1st any team trading for him would be able to immediately negotiate and sign him to an extension.

It's been quite entertaining and much fun reading all the Marner talk on HF regarding some of the trade returns some Leaf fans think they might get back for him plus other scenarios from Leaf fans if Marner won't waive and the Leafs punishing him for it.
it will be a challenge for the figs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kane’s ex continuing to stir the pot, posting a Zadorov pic in her Instagram story feature:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I wonder how much of an impact Jim Nill had in Detroit.

Dallas has had outstanding drafting and development. It reminds you of the 2000s Red Wings that basically went on to win that 2008 cup on the back of late picks.

Meanwhile, Holland has been underwhelming to say the least.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
it will be a challenge for the figs
They'll likely get a decent return for him but no where near what I've seen from some Leaf fans for what they're hoping to get back for him in a trade.

I'm still holding out hope though that Mitchy Boy says absolutely not to waiving his NMC this off season just for the meltdown that will occur with many in that Leafs fanbase. It's a long summer and I need some hockey entertainment. :)

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
They'll likely get a decent return for him but no where near what I've seen from some Leaf fans for what they're hoping to get back for him in a trade.

I'm still holding out hope though that Mitchy Boy says absolutely not to waiving his NMC this off season just for the meltdown that will occur with many in that Leafs fanbase. It's a long summer and I need some hockey entertainment. :)
yup
hope mitch makes it tough on them

Reactions: sheed36

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad