HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Canucks are either the team of destiny like the 93 Canadiens or they crash and burn next round

Riding a 3rd string goalie, facing goalies that give up shit, barely generating offense but still winning

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Canucks are either the team of destiny like the 93 Canadiens or they crash and burn next round

Riding a 3rd string goalie, facing goalies that give up shit, barely generating offense but still winning
I hope they crash and burn.

Oilers don't even have a second line. Lol... they bring Skinner back to give top line a breather.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Seems like you can't build a dynasty or cup team around a super star. Matthews of McDavid type. Days of dynasties around an Orr, Gretzky or Beliveau are gone. So much team structure now and cap is limiting depth.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

MontrealCanuck

Jan 23, 2024
That's horseshit.

Suspend both of them. No place for that post whistle. Play is over and McDavid is not initiating contact... Chicken sh*t by both nucks. Let's see them do that to an X or Wilson or Reaves.

I wish the NHL would send clear signals that intentional violence with no bearing on the play is zero tolerance. Just don't do it. Between whistles can have more room for error, but post whistle & not in self defense should be met with hard sanctions.

I want to see the game of hockey played at its finest execution. Controlled aggression with big impacts and out of this world skill. NFL does it. Rugby does it. Hockey does it outside the NHL.

Throw the book at these guys.

You should watch the whole clip, that one has been deceptively edited. McDavid started it with a lumberjack swing on Soucy after the whistle, which really isn't something you should do when the other team is looking for any excuse to rough you up.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Oilers were dirty AF last game so if refs and league didn't call that, then they can't complain.
Also serves Holland and the other similar GMs right if they wanna cheap out on a goalie, they don't deserve to win imo.
Should have given us Holloway and a 1st for Allen!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fuddu?

The Punjabi word "Fuddu" is commonly used to describe a person who is considered stupid, naive, or gullible. It refers to someone who is easily fooled or deceived.

Reactions: Walrus26

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
That's a tough point to argue imo given what we know about how brutal he was handled from draft to leaving Montreal.

Character is more fluid than it appears at the surface. Especially in the formative kate teen years.

Draft profiles about the player suggested a determined, hard working, end to end committed athlete.

The habits and behaviors that got him to his draft year may well have shifted for the worse in the years following... While easy to frame that as evidence of avoidable or predictable character flaw, I think the reality is that environment plays a huge role in dialing up, or dialing down many of those traits.

It's ultimately on him, 💯, as he's accountable to his actions & attitude. But it may well be that he was displaying high character traits pre-draft, and "something" (in this case, a few years in the BargainBin karacter building club) enabled or encouraged the development of worse traits that became the habits we see today.

Either way, the guy is not making the most of his potential and is running out of time to get his career back on track
To add to that, one of the key components that will define your life - not just your hockey career - is how you deal with adversities.
I'm no expert on Kotkaniemi's early career, but maybe he just had'nt had to deal with setbacks, being benched or sent down, dealing with the Bergevins and Therriens of the world.

And yes, it is 100% on him to figure it out.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Seems like you can't build a dynasty or cup team around a super star. Matthews of McDavid type. Days of dynasties around an Orr, Gretzky or Beliveau are gone. So much team structure now and cap is limiting depth.
Pay nurse 7.25 instead of 9.25

Jack Campbell making 5.0 m

James Neal 1.9 buyout hit

Connor brown 4.0 m

That's 13m wasted cap hit.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Agreed, and they won't be tanking intentionally. Barring any major changes, I really believe they won't make the playoffs next year.
Hmmmm, their Cup window has closed and they'll slide next year imo but very doubtful they go from 6th overall/Presidents trophy contender to out of the playoffs in 1 year. The year after? Sure

Last edited:

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Part of me thinks McDavid is a dirty player with all his antics, but the other part of me gets why he does it considering how much he’s relied on.
Star players get absolutely abused the whole way up minor hockey and have to figure out how to fend for themselves a lot of the time. I played with a guy when we were super young who ended up going to Shattuck (never made it much past that) but even when we were like 9-10 he was getting hooked, hacked, interfered with etc an excessive amount for being a kid that young.

It's why McDavid and Crosby do sneaky dirty things sometimes, because they've had to.

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Just a couple observations…

Edmonton’s depth isn’t doing much scoring but Skinner is singlehandedly costing them the series. I get some goals were good goals but you need your goalie to sometimes make those game savers. At the minimum, goalie has to save what they should be saving.

Boston, F*** them but while I think Florida is a far superior team and this series is going how I expected, I really am stunned this Boston team beat the Leafs. I mean, F*** the Leafs also, but if Toronto had any heart and a coach that can fire up their boys, Boston should had been cooked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad