HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
34 points as an 18 year old started so promising...what happened ?
Career best year last year, even better first 2 months to start this season... Then a 6 month funk. Despite people putting a fork in his career, at 23 it's far from done, even with as bad as this season has gone.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
So Marchand is out for game 4 and 5. One fan remarked.
F#&kn NHL! They failed to do the right thing and bring Bennett in for a hearing to suspend and fine him!.
The refs failed to even call a penalty or even acknowledge that it happened.
Scrutinize my A$$!
I'm am so done with this League for now!
And another with this take. I feel like it was just a "strong hockey play" Like Chara

I saw the thread on the main boards but didn't want to respond due to....you know

But anyone who says he deserves it, or that it was a hockey play, really doesn't enjoy hockey and is a neanderthal....ask yourselves what be you be thinking if it was someone on your team.....or your kid.

I am a bruins fan through and through, but also a hockey fan and that is the kind of crap that deserves a serious suspension....I would not want to see that done to any player, on any team, it doesn't belong in the game.

Reactions: Andrei79 and Chili

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Career best year last year, even better first 2 months to start this season... Then a 6 month funk. Despite people putting a fork in his career, at 23 it's far from done, even with as bad as this season has gone.

He sucks and we all have to deal with it, including our old awful, awful takes about him. Because, well, he's brutal. Wish Bergevin could have leveraged some value out of that doofus.

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He sucks and we all have to deal with it, including our old awful, awful takes about him. Because, well, he's brutal. Wish Bergevin could have leveraged some value out of that doofus.
He sucks right now & for about 6months.

Full body of work since draft remains promising, 23 years old (24 this summer) is too early to write a player with his resume off imo.

If he comes back next year and improves on his career best from a year ago with a ~60pt season playing 18+min a night on the playoff bound Canes, you'll be stuck flip flopping your take once more... No?

If he follows up with another regression, then sure, probably at or closer to end of the line on the top 6 ceiling front.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004

And another with this take. I feel like it was just a "strong hockey play" Like Chara
Don't know what those folks were watching. If that was a suspension, so was Lucic on Emelin years ago when Emelin went to throw a check and Lucic turned the tables on him. That's allowed as far as I know.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Don't know what those folks were watching. If that was a suspension, so was Lucic on Emelin years ago when Emelin went to throw a check and Lucic turned the tables on him. That's allowed as far as I know.
My favourite was someone saying Bennett jumped from the top ropes and choke slammed him. I replied with Wooooo rick flair style. THIS is why I simply can not ever cheer for that team. Marchand lays that kind of dirty punch, slew foot, low bridge, elbow(which he did the next period returning from this massive concussion?!?) on the regular. Sometimes its Karma. If he hadn't went for that late hit, he doesn't get punched in the face(if that is what happened).

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
My favourite was someone saying Bennett jumped from the top ropes and choke slammed him. I replied with Wooooo rick flair style. THIS is why I simply can not ever cheer for that team. Marchand lays that kind of dirty punch, slew foot, low bridge, elbow(which he did the next period returning from this massive concussion?!?) on the regular. Sometimes its Karma. If he hadn't went for that late hit, he doesn't get punched in the face(if that is what happened).
When I think of Sam Bennett I think of the elite athlete at the NHL combine who couldn't do one friggin pull up. That is how I will always remember Sam Bennett.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Or Kyle McLaren on Zednik. That fanbase cheered for years for that hit. Their mods were openly wishing someone would seriously hurt Subban. They're not in any position to be princesses about it. Marchand gets 0 sympathy from me.

He sucks right now & for about 6months.

Full body of work since draft remains promising, 23 years old (24 this summer) is too early to write a player with his resume off imo.

If he comes back next year and improves on his career best from a year ago with a ~60pt season playing 18+min a night on the playoff bound Canes, you'll be stuck flip flopping your take once more... No?

If he follows up with another regression, then sure, probably at or closer to end of the line on the top 6 ceiling front.

Full body of work is that Moleaniemi f***ing sucks. Real bad too. He could score 100 points and he will always suck in my heart. Such is the way of fandoms around the globe.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Noesen must have a jaw of steel, that collision would have ko’d a lot of guys

EDIT: was Jarvis, not Noesen. Always mix up who has 24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad