HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not going to win without scoring on the pp against the Bruins in the last 6 playoff games against them.

It's still the Bruins and are dirty as ever. Not cheering for this scum team. I am likely done on this board till the Bruins are out.
Are they actually dirty though? I find Florida has a plethora of dirty players starting with Tkachuk, Cousins, Bennett.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Montreal's terrible off-season was due to Price & Weber retiring rather than anything having to do with KK.

The only move Montreal did due to that was trade for Dvorak, which was a bad move.

The Carolina situation had little to do with that summer. Weber, Price, Byron, Edmundson were all hurt. Danault & Tatar left as UFAs. KK left after all of that had already occurred.

He should have rebuilt that summer, but he didn't because he definitely thought Price was coming back. Price reported to camp then went into NHL player assistance program forcing Montreal to pick Montembeault off waivers. Price essentially retired after that season.

The Mailloux pick, the terrible start that Bergevin kept doubling down on (I believe in this team crap), the fact Montreal was getting worse during his tenure all led to his firing.
Montbault off waivers? That worked out pretty well for us.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I respect a lot the Bruins. They stayed true to their identity and their brand of hockey and they are a model of success for a long time. Flame me.
they've had an incredible run of competitiveness -- last 20 years by my count -- and that's impressive.

but what is their identity exactly? Big Bad Bruins? i don't see them as either big or bad anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad