HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Hey man, how's she goin? I could not be a Leaf fan, there's nothing to cheer for. One playoff-round win in the last 19 years but come September you will read and hear how great they are and this is the year all over again. I sometimes wonder if they are paid to choke, it has to be that lol.
Not too bad thanks. Oh me either, but you have to give them credit. No matter the outcome, they still stick with their team. My Uncle calls them team "Ground Hog Day" after the movie lol

Lol that wouldn't surprise me. None of them really looked upset after they lose.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
How Mitchy Boy sees himself as a hockey player over there in Leafland. :D

MM.jpg

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Well there's 32+ starting goalies better than Samsonov so I'm not sure what he wants. Longer term as more than one year?

Yeah I'm not sure what suitors are there for him for a long term deal. I could see him going to the Hawks on a short term deal or another team who has a need to take a flyer on a goalie with some promise.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Wow.
Travis Green sucks imo.
Another lottery finish coming for Sens.
Benoît Groulx would have make sense. Guys won everywhere, Q, AHL and he is from Ottawa. (Hull). I don’t know how you can hire a guy like Travis Green with his resume. I mean.
His NHL experience on hockeydb :

17-18. Out of playoff
18-19 : out of playoff
19-20 : lost round 2
20-21 : out of playoff
21-22 : fired (out of playoff)

I mean. I am GM, this is the best Resume I could get? At least MSL had no experience. Good luck Ottawa, you are going to be « Out of playoff »

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It's mostly injuries. With the 'Canes you had Justin Williams taking Koivu's eye out (reckless, not vicious) and then whacking other D in the head to the point that he got a lot of open ice and went on a scoring spree. Price injury. Moog retirement due to getting run.

Prior to those years they actually won some, so losses don't stand out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad