HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Ron MacLean gonna start reciting poetry about the Great 2024 Leafs respect in the handshake line soon...
I liked Ron a long time ago. However given how trash SN with or without him, he should have been let go as well. Too much time enabling cherry being a massive bigot.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
i wouldn't want to get his nose in my face, neither is brain by the way . He's the new Theo Fleury , good to play hockey but so classless and a brain smaller and not smarter than a golf ball

I've grown to like him over the years. Well, maybe like is a strong word. Maybe appreciate is better. I used to despise him, but part of me can't help but think I would have enjoyed him in a Habs uniform. He has been a stubborn, hateful and skilled player.

Reactions: windycity and the

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So how we feeling about tonight's game Mr. Sea Bass? :)

oio0g9kc5v231.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
i have a hard time believing montgomery keeps his job if bruins lose game 7

Back-to-back years of not being able to close out a 3-1 series lead? Yeah, Montgomery is probably toast if they don't win G7.

OTOH, if Leafs lose game 7, no one is going to care how well they played in G5 & G6. It's just one more round one loss in the books. Keefe is definitely gone. Jobs are on the line on Saturday for sure.

Leafs are faster and more talented. Unless they come out & play like they did in G4, I expect them to win.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017

A lot has changed since 2018, but in that game 7 Kapanen scored a huge breakaway goal after picking off Marchand (going by memory here, could be wrong) that looked like a dagger…and they still blew it. Insane how that was 6 years ago…

No Bergeron, no 40 yr old Chara, and a Leafs goalie that looks half steady will probably be the difference this time.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Gallagher was supposed to be our pesky player. I might like him more as a person but Marchand has scored more, and he is a far better pest. I think we pay Gallagher around the same as well.
I hate that I’ve grown distaste for Gallagher over the past 3 years because of his contract. Threw years where this team was boring and frustrating to watch, he brought his own entertainment value. I’m hoping when he retires, I can go back to appreciating him the way I did in the 2010’s.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

No rest for the wicked

Leafs are living in your head rent free.
Hardly bud, I am cheering for them, but thanks for checking in. I live in leafland I am well aware of their fans and their whining and suckitude media. Stay on your own board clown.

The funny part is I literally heard this from my best work friend 3 weeks ago about the missed call from 93 or the leafs would have beaten the habs in the finals. Gretzky is living in many leaf fans heads 3 decades later.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad