HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
NGL Bruins collapse, two years in a row, would also be juicy. Leafs already suffered plenty of embarassment with the "stop f***ing crying, bro" and Matthews mystery gastro.

really is a win-win for Habs fans :nod:
(yes I'm replying to myself)

also i seriously doubt Leafs could get by Panthers, Rangers or Canes. those teams looking strong.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Everyone got too damn cocky :mad:
I'd rather it go 7 and the Leafs lose in OT which would hurt way more than if the lost tonight. Plus if the B's were to lose the game 7 in OT it would also be ok since they just blew another 3-1 series lead and lost for a 2nd year in a row so win win either way.

Florida should be able eat both of these teams alive in round 2.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Boston look prime for a choke. Both teams trying to avoid meltdowns lol
This is what we, as the Habs fans, are really after IMO. High octane drama in the first round with the BOS-TOR series going 7 and the winning team dismantled in the second round. This is why we should root for TOR in 7 this round I say.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The Leafs didn't fold. They played an absolutely terrible game 4, and were brutally criticized for it. They came out & played a great game.

Problem for them is they suck at home, which, frankly, speaks to Keefe as a coach. His team is better on the road when he doesn't have the match-ups.
Leafs need to play same style as tonight w same desperation

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
That was the first game of the five that I thought the Leafs understood playoff hockey. They were disciplined, they didn't give up a lot, created some decent chances, won a lot of battles and got playoff level goaltending. Would make for an interesting game seven if they could somehow win game six.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The Leafs didn't fold. They played an absolutely terrible game 4, and were brutally criticized for it. They came out & played a great game.

Problem for them is they suck at home, which, frankly, speaks to Keefe as a coach. His team is better on the road when he doesn't have the match-ups.

Gotta give them credit. Leafs came to play tonight.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Leafs had a better record on the road this season than at home but if the B's don't play any better than they did tonight the Leafs should get this series back to Boston for a game 7. After last seasons round 1 collapse this is likely in the B's heads again right about now..

Bottom line for tonight was that the Leafs wanted this game more and were the better team and got some big saves from Woll when they really needed one..

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Islanders are done. Carolina scores an ENG, win 6-3. Boy, Islanders got some absolutely terrible bounces tonight, though.

They need more offense in a really, really, big way. It's Barzal, and that's about it. Horvat really, really sucked.
GM Patrick Roy will have his work cut out. :sarcasm:

Can’t imagine how else crusty Lou got him to join the Isles.

Lou just keeps on ticking, what a specimen.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Can't disagree more. Leafs played their best game and a close to perfect road game.
I don't know. I don't feel like the Leafs were even dangerous the entire game. I feel like they give the impression of a perfect game just because the Bruins were floundering around, whiffing pucks, when shooting, etc

Reactions: HabbyGuy

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
You guys crack me up. Personally I’m enjoying the PTSD of bruins fans tonight and the ghost of their choke job last year vs Fla.
100% clear they took the leafs lightly knowing Matthew was out.
Totally goofy puck watching on that OT goal. I expect them to be better next game. Wouldn’t be surprised if it goes 7.
I don’t think either of these teams gets by Florida or (barf) Carolina anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad